[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images (27).jpg (6 KB, 300x235)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
It is true that the body absorbs nutrients better?
>>
File: 1714036140554139.webm (2.2 MB, 720x1280)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB WEBM
They're pretty easy on digestion, cooked eggs can cause gas sometimes. I wouldn't eat eggs from scientifically farmed battery chickens that are omega 6 bombs raw though.
>>
>>74132434
I have them raw all the time. Canada washes eggs from the store, but I also buy farm eggs.

I think the current science says that cooked is better for nutrient absorption though. I just have them raw in my smoothies and cook them otherwise.
>>
stupid. don't listen to any of this tripe. You can't digest raw eggs. Cook your fuckin eggs.
>>
>>74132434
>It is true that the body absorbs nutrients better?
It's actually the opposite
>>
I blend them with milk, bananas and oats. This is all I know about raw eggs.
>>
>>74132434
probably not but I started having 2-4 raw eggs a day and I'm feeling pretty great. I might bump it up a little bit too and if it seems to be working I will report back
>>
>>74132434
>that the body absorbs raw nutrients better?
Could have just asked this
And here's your answer: no
>>
>>74132434
all foods, aside from a few vegetables and fruits, must be cooked.
>>
>>74132434
Are overcooked eggs still ok?
>>
>>74132434
YES.

Raw eggs are so easily digested. You might get sightly lower protein from them, but you will also get the raw yolk, which means cholesterol, and this is what is needed to make testosterone.

The only "downside" is that raw eggs contain avidin, and this can bind to biotin, and stop you absorbing it. But if you have other biotin foods, or take b vitamin supps, and if you eat some cooked eggs, which contain it, it's not an issue at all.

Personally I say 6 raw eggs in the morning and and 6 lightly cooked later is perfect.

It depends on your country too. "Clean" looking eggs, are often washed. And natural eggs can look dirty. But natural are better, they have a natural layer of protection, as egg shells have a semipermeable membrane, air and moisture can penetrate it. By washing them, you break the natural barrier. "Dirty" eggs have this, and this stops the rare occasion of semolina.

>>74132659
>I have them raw all the time. Canada washes eggs from the store

Which is presentation in front of actual health. And dangerous.

>but I also buy farm eggs

Which is good and natural.

>>74132906
>mouthbreather.png

>>74132910
As above.
>>
A lot of nutrients and micronutrients break down at high heat but it's debatable (probably a no) whether eggs ever reach that temperature unless you're making a quiche or something.
Overall eggs are generally cooked at fairly low temperatures and the yolk is the least cooked part of the egg so if you make eggs with runny yolks you get the benefit of both raw egg and cooked egg.
>>
And holy shit, this board really is full of teenagers who know shit about shit.

How did zoomers who grew up in the age of "DA SCIENCE" know fuck all about human biology, and how foods are digested and the outcomes. They just vomit long since debunked BS.

They say online, there are 2 kinds of people who voice their opinion as fact. Morons and professionals. Only morons outnumber professionals by a whole load, and hence, 9 posts out of 10 on this board are voiced by morons.

SAD.

>>74132975
Like this shit.

Almost all raw foods like meats and eggs are best digested raw. The main concern in SAFETY. Like ffs, people often eat their steak RAW. From a restaurant. Bloody and raw. That means NOT COOKED.

We cook foods because the food chain takes weeks from slaughter to plate. But if we lived in a small village, and the meat was killed on the same day, there is no issue eating it raw.

And even worse, we know BURNT MEAT is a cancer causing carcinogen. Raw is not.
>>
>>74133004
Oh hallelujah! There appears to be someone with a brain above a peanu there.

Yeah, cooking and heat, destroys nutrients, vitamins and minerals. To get the most out of an egg, it has to be the least cooked,

You know what that means. RAW.

And as I have stated above, you could potentially call in the case of biotin, a b vitamin, the egg is being anti-nutrient.

But do you know what else is anti-nutrient? Almost all vegetables (and some fruits)
>>
>>74132434
Not really. Cooking food usually makes it more digestible.
>>
And everyone who digests food like us, eats meat raw. Those that do not, such as cows, grass eaters, seeds, chicken eaters are not like us.

Nature is truth. Not politics.

HURR RU CAN'T EAT DA MEAT OR FISH RAW HURR!!!

>meanwhile
>they eat raw fish at a japanese restaurant
>they eat steak tartare at a top french restaurant

>Steak tartare or tartar steak is a French dish of raw ground (minced) beef.
>raw

Oh how akward.
>>
>>74133067
This is BULLSHIT. Not backed up by anything but modern day BS.

>The food you eat also contains enzymes that aid digestion. Enzymes are heat sensitive and deactivate easily when exposed to high temperatures.
>>
>>74132434
no it's literally the opposite. they also taste gross.
>>
>>74132983
Enjoy your vitamin A poisoning.
>>
>>74133112
Oh the horror.

Eating natural food, eggs, that have the nutrients to give life, are going to make me sick.

L O L

You don't even need studies here. Just basic logic and evolution.

HURR MAH SUGAR FILLED DONUT IS BETTA!
>>
>>74133027
You are an idiot. Cooking food denatured the proteins and makes them more easily digestible and absorbable in the human body. I love raw eggs and drink them all the time. You are a fucking idiot and should kill yourself.
>>
>>74132434
No. The reverse is the truth.
Stop being a dick
(That goes for you too, Cecil)
>>
>>74133082
Anon, I don't know if you know this, but humans have been cooking their foods for millions of years, and it gives us a significant advantage over other animals.
>>
>>74133058
>But do you know what else is anti-nutrient? Almost all vegetables (and some fruits)
So why aren't vegans actually dead instead of just malnourished?
>>
>>74132434
Redpill me on salmonella… is it a risk if you eat it raw right after breaking the shell?
>>
>>74134466
salmonella is literally a non-issue. i have been consuming raw eggs every single day from varying sources including the most bottom of the barrel walmart eggs and have not once gotten sick. if an egg was infected with salmonella you wouldn't want to eat it even if it's cooked.
>>
>>74132434

In the long run you're getting more out of it if you consoome eggs raw.

A good combo for a "raw" drink is
-raw milk
-raw eggs
-some unheated honey
-unripe banana
-bit of avocado
-organic vanilla extract(pricey)

Blend this and enjoy - tastes amazing.

Raw eggs are a fantastic food additive but they are not as potent as raw meat.
>>
>>74132434
You should never eat eggs, switch to a fully vegan diet and fast for 8 hours every Sunday. This will make the economy go up.
>>
File: keto62.jpg (83 KB, 402x425)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>74134511
>>74134489
>>74132434
>>74132456
>>74132659
>>74132920
>>74132983
>>74133004
you keto fuckers are shameless
get off our board already ffs
>>
>>74134511
You should add more raw foods to that drink for my entertainment
>>
>>74134522
where did i say that i do keto?
>>
File: keto46.jpg (88 KB, 759x900)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>74134535
You guys just don't hide it very well
>>
>>74134522
you gonna cry again ketoschizo?
>>
>>74132434
yolk is better raw, white is better cooked. Just make sunny side up. I'm broke so I gotta make every egg count, if I wasn't I'd be drinking eggs I hate eating eggs.
>>
Id like to point out for the tard acting like everyone is retarded

Cooking is for food safety, yes.
Claiming the safety needs to be paid attention to ONLY because our food system is gross and fucked is disingenuous.

ANIMALS CARRY DISEASES. If you are eating the part of the animal that carries that, you gotta cook it.
Surface meat contains disease.
Deep inner muscle does not.
Eating organs raw is fine.
You must cook your hamburger for safety because it is the part of the animal that carries disease.

Part of the natural way being better is realizing that the natural world is NOT inherently kind or made for humans.

Cooking to avoid disease is very important. Ignore the chump.
>>
To summarize, meat near the surface or skin of an animal should be cooked to kill bacterias that are not good for hoomans
>>
>>74132434
It makes your PISS thick
>>
>>74132434
>raw eggs
worse in every way compared to soft boiled and fried
>>
>>74133027
>Almost all raw foods like meats and eggs are best digested raw
there is currently 0 research showing this is true
none, 0, nada
and in fact, only the opposite exists
raw egg and raw meat obsessed retards such as yourself need to be put in a mental institution
no one's falling for your insanity
>>
>>74133082
>The food you eat also contains enzymes that aid digestion
you produce your own enzymes, retard
> Enzymes are heat sensitive and deactivate easily when exposed to high temperatures.
yeah they also are destroyed in the stomach
what you want is a way of producing enzymes that break down proteins, but good thing we already produce them
>>
>>74132434
Its the latest fad. You only get half the protein because of the anti nutrients that are destroyed when cooking them. Be a nromap person, you aren't special or cool or manly because you drink raw eggs
>>
>>74132434
no, worse. cook your eggs
>>
>>74132983
>Yes but
The answer is yes.
Eating an egg raw vs cooked will make zero difference in your life ever
>>
>>74133027
>Almost all raw foods like meats and eggs are best digested raw
You have no evidence for this because you heard it on YouTube from some random guy who made it up
>>
>>74133027
>people often eat their steak RAW
this and sushi are the only 2 meats people regularly raw, and steak is normally cooked to a significant degree. you are too retarded to even reply to, but I am feeling merciful today.
>>
>>74132906
>You can't digest raw eggs
yes food is undigestable unless you destroy it with fire first, thats why you boil your momma's milk too, makes lots of sense
>>
>>74134016
you're destroying all the fat soluble vitamins for no fucking reason, there is no issue with "raw protein" it digests without problem
>>
Mom told me as a kid. Don't eat too many spoons of raw cookie dough cause of the eggs. A little is fine though. That's my attitude towards life. Though I'll admit I made like 8 cookies and ate the other 1/3 of the raw dough I made last week.
>>
>>74132434
It absorbs salmonella better
>>
>>74132434
No. You don't absorb them better because they are raw and the human body absorbs nutrients better from cooked foods. This is settled science and anyone arguing against that is retarded.

Having said that. Raw eggs are delicious and I drink them all the time. Just keep in mind you aren't absorbing as many of the nutrients as you could, because they are not cooked.
>>
>>74132983
And right on cue it's this fucking idiot again.
>>
File: 1689897927405282.jpg (46 KB, 743x413)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Humans evolved with cooking. Note I did not say humans invented cooking. We've had cooking since before we were humans, hence, humans evolved with, and thanks to, cooking. One point five million years, is the most recent estimate. We've been cooking our food for one point five million years.

Cook your fucking eggs.
>>
>>74138492
the meme about destroying your food to unlock nutrition is such a retarded idea that people spit out religiously
>>
>>74138523
>hurr durr we evolved thanks to cooking
quite literally just a theory, and if we were so retarded prior to cooking how did we figure out how to cook?
>>
>>74138542
And your theory is... what, exactly? That we shouldn't cook our food, because for some reason its better for us? Even though we've been doing it literally forever?
>>
>>74138523
God created humans NERD
>>
>>74133082
I don't know who to believe: my ancestors going back to the dawn of man, or some tripfaggot's assworms.
>>
>>74132434
Not a single hipster spouting raw food has every reached record age.
Not the raw meat faggot.
Not the king of juice faggot.
Not the raw vegetable faggot.

Not one single person who has ever done a meme diet, has ever reached a world record in anything health related.
Most of them actually have died really young.
>>
>>74138553
>for some reason
not "for some reason", but because it preserves all of its nutritional value
>>74138650
your ancestors ate raw meat, dont delude yourself
>>74138683
problem is nobody is trying raw animal based diet other than sv3rige, the only man who did it for decades (Aajonus Vonderplanitz) died from falling off a second story balcony
>>
>>74134511
>-unripe banana
ew
>>
>>74134522
>>74134844
you're mentally ill
eggs are a staple of the vegetarian diet
>>
>>74132434
Put a raw egg on my whey after reading this post.
>>
>>74138811
Then why the fuck did our ancestors started cooking, hm? 1.5 million years ago, no less? If what you say is true and raw food has more useable nutrients, cooking would confer a distinct disadvantage to survival, especially during times of scarcity. Clearly, the opposite is true, because if it weren't, WE WOULDN'T BE COOKING OUR FOOD. Every culture in the WORLD cooks their fucking food, because it confers advantages to survival, both by making food safer, and by making more of it bioavailable. Biomechanically, cooking is essentially pre-digestion. We've outsourced part of our digestive process a VERY long time ago, which allowed us to select for smaller guts, colons, and let us mostly get rid of our caecum. Which made more energy available for our brains.

>hur dur how did we learn how to cook then

Fucking birds and monkeys use rudimentary tools to get at food, dropping a haunch of meat into the fire isn't a big stretch

You have no argument, do you? No mechanistic explanation, no data. You're just pulling that hypothesis out your ass. We're a species that evolved with cooking, especially meat, but we also used fire to make tubers and the like edible. We're not supposed to eat too much raw food.
>>
>>74138962
Oh its just Moxyte, he's always here. It's best to just ignore him, he's on his own little crusade, and I suspect he'll be at it for the rest of his days.
>>
>>74138811
>your ancestors ate raw meat,
Oh yeah? When? It wasn't my parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, or great-great-grandparents. Which was the generation big stove convinced to make beef into a stew instead of just biting it off the cow?
>>
>>74139582
>Then why the fuck did our ancestors started cooking, hm?
cooking hides the rotting flavour of non-fresh meat
didn't read the rest of your post
>>
File: eggknife.jpg (22 KB, 512x768)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
If you don't already eat raw eggs you are a retard.
>>
I mix them with maybe a cup of orange juice and gulp the whole thing down. I dont like the taste and texture of just plain raw eggs so the oj is to mask it. I probably should just do milk and bananas as many other anons have said since the oj has a decent amount of sugar in it.
>>
>>74138250
>there is no issue with "raw protein" it digests without problem
Yeah eccpet that egg protein bioavailability is reduced by 50% when eaten raw because of the anti nutrients in the egg
>>
All these people Hawking raw food have no social life. Imagine wasitng your life eating raw ground beef alone at home to "get all the nutrition" that will have literally zero impact on your life, while people you could be having memorabile times with go out for drinks and eat wings and burgers. Thus regarded meme is only sustainable if you have literally no life
>>
>>74138811
>your ancestors ate raw meat,
I dont live in a cave and die at 30. We are not the same. Why would you eat the same?
>>
>>74133082
If you can't digest food go to a doctor. You having issues doesnt negate reality
https://jn.nutrition.org/article/S0022-3166(23)01855-2/fulltext
>>
>>74134522

It's not keto. There's also carbs to be had in form of fruits but it's not a whole lot unless you really exert yourself.
Even if you only ate raw meat and nothing else there's still carbs in your food. Keto does not really exist - it's a meme.
>>
>>74141515

This is the reason why people are ill and weak - destruction of natural foods. On top of that industrial waste.
>>
>>74141716
Nothing you just said is relevant to my post
>>
>>74132983
>>74133027
tripfag poser
kys
>>
>>74137914
there is currently one study that shows raw eggs have only around 50% ileal digestibility(what actually gets absorbed into the bloodstream) which should be enough evidence that at best raw eggs cannot be as good as cooked eggs

somehow these raw foodists just ignore this, that and the fact that raw egg whites deplete you of nutrients like biotin much faster than cooked egg whites
raw foodists lie and hide problems they encounter themselves eating raw meat or eggs, have personally observed this happen online and in person
some of them will get acne from raw milk thinking it's sooo much better than pasteurised milk despite raw milk still having lactose that they cannot handle in big amounts if they're lactose intolerant
same thing with eggs
others will get parasitic or viral infection from raw meat and just tell others they're fine and nothing's wrong until they get a health scare that forces them to stop and seek medical intervention
I don't believe a single word these worm and faggot virus infected retards have to say.
>>
>>74142009
You could.have just said "I agree"
>>
>>74138250
>you're destroying all the fat soluble vitamins for no fucking reason
cooking doesn't destroy fat soluble vitamins not even in breastmilk
"The results of the review can be summarized as follows. Saccharides are not significantly affected by the heat treatment, as either free molecules or as part of biologically active compounds. The total lipid content is preserved by HoP, as is its fatty acid composition. This finding is of paramount importance since it suggests that pasteurization is able to preserve both the nutritional and biological properties relevant to the development of the central nervous system associated with some of these fatty acids. Consistently, fat soluble vitamins also seem to be unaffected, while water soluble vitamins, and vitamin C in particular, are generally reported as significantly decreased."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4997390/
you raw foodist retards just can't stop taking L's
must be the faggot worms eating away at your brains
>>
>>74142014
yeah but it's not enough
these raw foodist hippy idiots need to be cooked
>>
>>74142035
I dont care. I said my piece, you just made it 6x longer for no reason
>>
>>74142038
don't care
it is the truth
these fuckers lie about the results they get from their meme diet
needs to be addressed
>>
>>74141515
>and die at 30
are you retarded? are there really people who still believe this?
>>
>>74142053
Look I get it, but you can't use long explanations or science with these people. They are in a mindset where they believe regression is superior, first it was low carb, and that made sense to them because "our ancestors clearly didnt have access to starches and fruit year round", then it was carnivore because "vegetables have anti nutrients" now its raw because "early man didnt cook". Every single argument is just taking away more things. Its heavily based on an inner unhappiness and a yearning to organize and redefine themselves. They believe that they will correct their unorganized ways that made them depressed by removing foods until they are left eating a "pure" diet. They are upset at the complexity of the world and their inability to handle it, so they isolate minutia and micromanage it. Its literally an eating disorder.

Anyway, these people dont think past "my ancestors did it", so explaining things just leads them to google studies without reading them and appeal to "gurus" like shawn baker
>>
>>74142074
>no rebuttal
>you're retarded
Every time
>>
>>74142091
maybe you're right
>>
>>74142132
Thanks. Sorry I was so harsh. I get it.
>>
File: 1707520799446670.jpg (61 KB, 640x662)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>74139889
Of course you didn't.

Raw foodists are mentally ill, probably due to parasites hijacking their brains and changing their behaviour to better spread their genes. You're literally a puppet of the worms living in your ass. I'm sure your parents are proud.
>>
>>74142091
No, retard. Raw foodists are morons, don't lump them in with me. Humans evolved with cooking, we've had fire for 1.5 million years at least. Your armchair psychology doesn't change the truth. We're carnivores, who cooked their meat for far longer than we've even been human. Go eat a dandelion or smth.
>>
>>74143257
>projects insults instead of reasoning calmly
Thanks for proving my point
>>
>>74132434
I hate the term "absorption" with regard to nutrients
>>
>>74143534
Nobody cares
>>
>>74143544
False

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.