[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I fell for the Starting Strength meme back in college and the most I got to show for it was a large ass and attention from fat gay boys. Getting back into weights now and I just want to brosplit.

Considering I'm bicep curling every day now, I want variations so I can switch things up. Give me your favorite bicep curls. What are objectively the most optimal variations to recruit the most muscle mass?
>>
>>74137422
>What are objectively the most optimal variations to recruit the most muscle mass?
bicep curl
why do you faggots have to reinvent the fucking wheel? why cant you just curl twice a week and get big arms
fucking zoomers
>>
File: retard.gif (1.04 MB, 500x267)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB GIF
>>74137422
SS isn't for aesthetics, it's to give you a base of strength to start from. Focus on compound lifts is very simple and efficient and easy for beginners to stick with.
>>
>>74137422
3x a week legs is brutal 2x is way better. I feel like you cant really bench hard more than 3x a week till your shoulders get big.

Its made for football players in middle and high school where legs matter the most.
>>
>>74137422
Okay so first you got a meme'd to do a shit program, and now your solution is to do bicep curls every day?
If you want to push your shit to the limit do PPLPPL 6 days a week.
You want all your muscles to be big, not just your biceps.
>>
>>74137530
Im hitting rows on bench days and pullups on shoulder day.

To be even proportions and have a similar ratio to wr lifts you will inhibit whatever youre working on by going too hard on other shit so your bench should be ~800/1100ths of your deadlift.
>>
>>74137477
>I feel like you cant really bench hard more than 3x a week till your shoulders get big.
Suggestions for supplemental lifts to grow shoulders quickly?

>>74137530
The plan is to do a PPL + curls and dips every day. I have a problem getting bored with curls though.
>>
>>74137422
All you really need is a decent set of dumbbells.
>>
>>74137560
Gotta have a good ratio of upper back shit, db shrugs pulldowns, rows etc.

Flat back bench but take it slow, bb front raises, elbow out curls, etc. Oh reverse grip bench easily.
>>
>>74137551
Or if you wanna replace nench or legs as your main focus, hit steep incline bench a lot just dont go too hard and let form suffer thatll fuck your shit. Basically bench less and hit a bunch of military press all the time. But lots of front and lateral raises will get you size, presses help tendons get stronger. And pay attention to what fucks your shit, if its a dull slight pain itll probably get stronger, impingment comes with deep rom too heavy.
>>
>>74137595
What the fuck that’s actually not that bad. Needs pull-ups though
>>
>>74137422
>I fell for the Starting Strength meme
The best meme ever in /fit/. Why the fuck was it ever recommended?
>>
>>74137665
At least in my case it was helpful since I'd never touched a barbell before or even entered a weight room. I was stupid and stayed on SS for like 10 months though, only switching to nSuns531 after I reached a 3pl8 squat. My bench and OH press were embarrassingly low, and my deadlift was lower than my squat.
>>
>>74137702
i really dont get this logic, why was it bad that your squat was higher than your deadlift? Would it be better if you were weaker?? most likely your squats was too high anyway if they were weaker than your deadlift ..
>>
>>74137422
starting strength is not bad and does not make you fat, you can get as many gains doing extremely heavy presses and pulls or you can train like a bodybuilder and get the same results, i personally quit it cause it was boring doing 3 exercises per session and spending 40 minutes on the bench press
>>
>>74137422
curling every day, that will get you huge bro. considering you thinking starting strength is a meme i doubt you'll stay with it long
>>
>>74137477
>>
3x a week legs is brutal 2x is way better.
Yet pensioners manage to do it and progress
>Its made for football players in middle and high school where legs matter the most.
It’s made for people who want to get stronger. Post your copies or Starting Strength Basic Barbell Training and Practical Programming For Strength Training with timestamp. Oh, you cannot, as you are just parroting bullshit from some other retard online who looked at a Google sheets document from someone who copied an example of warm up and work sets for the big lifts.
>>
>>74138192
It is brutal youll get cns fatigue so fast once you find your actual working weight, squats and dls just do that. If youre always doing 2+ heavy days of squats and dls(cleans arent as bad or leg machines amd front squats) you wont be as able to push heavy weight you gotta cycle upper and lower body focus.
>>
>>74138192
I got the gist of it, atg form definitely made me a lot stronger as a base and prevents injury from years ago.
>>
File: file.png (1.13 MB, 1200x800)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>>74137422
>Considering I'm bicep curling every day now, I want variations so I can switch things up. Give me your favorite bicep curls.
i'd recommend you pick a single body part or muscle group to hit 3x a week then do the rest 2x. if you really want to hit biceps every day then 4/7 days should be bullshit days where you're just trying to get a pump going with machines. Or even better, your bullshit days could be working on bicep focused skills.

What do I mean by skills? One of the things biceps do is help you balance on your hands, this is why gymnasts typically have nice arms. If you work towards something like a planche it's going to help grow your arms, work your abs and strengthen your rotator cuffs. Look up planche progressions if you're interested in this. I think if someone is trying to work in extra volume they should do something novel on the easy days for the sake of variety and fun. and if you want a list of random fun/feels good of exercises to bullshit with mine are
>farmer's walks
>pec deck and reverse pec deck
>cable bullshit
>rope climbs
>handstand bullshit
>going to failure on a machine related to the free weight movement I was doing during my real working sets
>taking a 10 minute intra workout shit
>>
>>74137422
You cant fall for starting strength. Getting strong and being able to switch in 6 months to hitting db incline press with 40kg for 8-12 reps is not "falling for SS". Thats literally the best case scenario for hypertrophy. I swear to god there are so many fucking dyel zoomer retards in my gym who have been training for couple of years and "they dont care about strength" and after 2-3 years they are still stuck doing like 25kg for reps on incline and they are adamant about "mind muscle connection and bodybuilding and hypertrophy". Man they sure are gonna get fucking yoked benching 25kg dumbbells. Any day now. "The muscle doesnt know how much weight is on the bar". Yes it fucking does lmfao thats the only part in your body that does know it. Your eyes can just see the number what it says on the plate or the dumbbell but you have no idea if it would be accurate or not, its the muscle that does the lifting that can tell if its heavy for you or not.

There has never been a single natural EVER on this earth that was big and didnt lift heavy. Not a single one. Reg Park and Steve Reeves were anal about doing 8-12 reps and perfect form. Guess what, they also benched 500lbs. For muscle growth, being able to do hypertrophy range with heavy weight > being able to do hypertrophy range with light weight. Its literally that simple.
>>
SS til you learn the basics (couple weeks) then 5x5 til 1/2/3/4 (6-8 months) then PPL or Upper/Lower.
It’s really that shrimple.
>>
>>74138729
the problem is that SS is basically a fucking squatting program
no one ever got a decent bench or a deadlift out of SS
the average brosplitter will outbench the average dude doing SS 9/10 times
>>
How many people actually got to 1/2/3/4 on SS and think that it's bad
>>
>>74137422
barbell floor pullovers and presses, best upper body destroying and ab forging exercise.
>>
>>74139908
>How many people actually got to 1/2/3/4 on SS
literally no one ever
>>
>>74139820
just do PPLPPL from the start, it's idiot proof if you eat and sleep enough.
>>
just do nsuns
>>
File: images[1].jpg (14 KB, 225x225)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>74137422
>I want variations so I can switch things up. Give me your favorite bicep curls.
Different Angles will hit all the regional hypertrophy areas.
Cable behind the neck overhead bicep curls (wish there was a better name) SEE PIC.
Spider Curls
Incline Bench Curls
Cable Drag Curls with the cable set up at your hand level so the most tension is at the beginning of the movement.
>>
what is bro split
>>
>>74139820
I can't do SS because my knees are fucked
>>
>>74137422
behind the back cable curls
https://youtu.be/iA2B43GUOV4?t=428

I do these standing and just brace myself with a staggered stance
3 sets to 1-2RIR and my biceps are cooked
>>
>>74137472
>base of strength
please stop with this, never mention it ever again
>>
>>74140464
Ok dyel
>>
File: 1000024368.jpg (109 KB, 350x524)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>74137422
Just do Scooby's home dumbbell and barbell workout.
I got more gains on this in 2 months than I did on 8 months of Starting Strength.

https://scoobyswork.shop/intermediate-workout-plan/
>>
File: strenght level.jpg (178 KB, 1409x795)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
In your experience, is picrel reasonable?
>>
>>74137595
Lol
>>
>>74139982
SS and stronglift are even more idiotproof and perfect for beginners. PPL for intermediate.
>>
>>74140309
Check this guy then
https://m.youtube.com/c/thekneesovertoesguy?cbrd=1
>>
>>74138729
Sound advice.
>>74139892
I went from a 200kg to 240kg DL by only training squats and no dls
>>74139908
None of them, because they have put work in at it has paid off
>>74139964
I know you. You are one of those that doesn’t record their numbers and jumps from program to program every three weeks.
>>
>>74138729
facts
SS is ironically underrated for hypertrophy
muscle damage doesn't drive growth
metabolic stress doesn't drive growth
mechanical tension drives growth

it's weird how people will say SS is a t-rex quad monstrosity program yet at the same time dismiss its hypertrophy potential for any other muscle group
seems that the only problem with SS as a training program is the exercise selection which can be changed anyway
>>
File: file.png (547 KB, 674x818)
547 KB
547 KB PNG
>>74140879
i curl 13.5kg dumbbells for 4-6 in good form, like op pic
i'm between novice and intermediate judging by this website
i think yeah, it's pretty reasonable
>>
>>74137445
>why do you faggots have to reinvent the fucking wheel? why cant you just curl twice a week and get big arms
>fucking zoomers
because curls don't work unless they are unilateral in external shoulder rotation
>>
>>74140181
everything is in internal shoulder rotation - try external, unilaterally, might fix ur tendinitis u gained doing retard curls
>>
>>74141833
compelling argument, nigger.
>>
File: 1714221324614.gif (176 KB, 200x156)
176 KB
176 KB GIF
>>74142700
>because curls don't work unless they are unilateral in external shoulder rotation
Nigger shut up and lift
>>
>>74142882
he was being sarcastic
>>
>>74139892
Yeah this is the main problem with starting strength. I've seen people have better results with it by only doing the same workout each time. That way if they're gonna squat 3x a week at least they're getting that much practice on 2 other exercises as well. I just did workout A because I didn't have a bench at home.
Overhead Press
Squat
Deadlift
>>
>>74142363
Imswear who doesnt grow legs off 2x a week? Who grows off 2x bench/chest a week?

Row or pulpups same day like seriously. Do you do triceps the same amount as legs? This is a mad house.
>>
>>74142882
>>74142971
i do not shut up and lift, i find isolation and if there is no difference literally the next day/week i haven't found isolation and i have to look again, i make my own movements/static holds/exercises because canon/mainstream is utter fucken garbage and simply not true

regular curls like this dude proposes:
>>74140181
are ALL in internal shoulder rotation and they do not work, regular curls hurt in elbow because long head coming of scapula, it's tendon is twisted whch deactivates muscle (there's an groove in humerus, if ur shoulder is not externally rotated tendon does not glide in said groove)
so short head of cep is pulling alone on forearm tendon trying to rip it off like bandaid

shoulder arm MUSTbe in external rotation to get any meaningful time under tension on bicep
unilaterlly, dig elbow into ur side and move db to your side - there u do slow pumping motion while watching and feeling up bicep, delt should be squishy soft during proper curl :D
>>
>>74137422
I wanna not be able to fit through doors or use rubber plates. For any lift.
>>
Spider curls
Bayesian curls (I really like these)
EZ bar curls with a lot of weight (cheat or strict with your back against the wall)
Incline dumbbell curls (these are tough af if you do them correctly)
Rope curls

And do your forearms with
Reverse cable curls
Wrist roller
Wrist curls
Hammer curls
Wrist curls

I don’t like preacher curls because they don’t feel great for me
>>
>>74137422
Rip says it's fine to do some sets of curls after your SS workout, why didn't you do that?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.