[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: image.png (249 KB, 717x567)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
My body is fucked and I have scoliosis. It's not super severe but it's bad enough that when I try to do certain exercises I feel my spine pinching and it hurts for days. Anyone else have scoliosis? What exercises should I do? I don't really know how to even start even without scoliosis due to being a skeleton.
>>
File: 1703078923580488.jpg (572 KB, 874x2464)
572 KB
572 KB JPG
>>74138786
do some of these stretches. the last one where you put one leg against the wall while lying on the floor is a really good stretch. when i did physical therapy for my scoliosis my pt told me about some of these.
>>
>>74138821
It's not bad enough normally to hurt, only after trying to exercise.
>>
>>74138786
Is it structural or just muscular? I had really bad posture from playing fps games for thousands of hours but after a couple years of lifting with good form it's completely gone.
>>
>>74138845
Structural I think? It curves side to side and twists and is genetic unfortunately.
>>
>>74138855
Tight and weak muscles can also pull and twist your body in fucked up positions so go to a doctor and get it checked.
>>
>>74138871
I did a while ago, it's definitely structural
>>
>>74138786
You might have slight scoliosis. I feel it on OHP and bench so I stopped benching desu and so dips and ring push ups.
>>
>>74138786
I have it as well, but probably not as severely as you according to the pain you're describing. As the other anon suggested, try to stretch a lot. My hip flexors are indeed tight as hell which surely doesn't help. Try starting very very lightly. Ironically the exercises you're probably most afraid of like I was (back involved movements like deadlift, back squat, row) are what will strengthen your back to support your spine. Done with good form at weights you can control they will begin to alleviate your back pain, not worsen it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.