[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 483.png (863 KB, 750x500)
863 KB
863 KB PNG
>kills your gains
>>
>>74221971
Kills your soul
Kills your justice system
Kills your cities
Kills your rural areas
Kills your demographics
Kills your resource management
Kills your country
Votes to make it all worse still
>>
>>74222057
but enough about jews
>>
>>74221971
Is it? A comfy place in the suburbs with a home gym is gains city.
>>
>>74221971
why?
>>
I do environmental work for a large builder. The house suck but it’s pretty much the only option zoomers will have.
>>
>>74221971
>If this board put half as much effort into their workouts as they do into making new excuses
>>
>>74222111
Checked, commie bugman btfo once again.
>>
>>74221971
you can buy a house but you cant pay less than a tenth of that to outfit a room with workout equipment? work out for free whenever you want in the comfort of your own home that sounds awesome
>>
>>74221971
Are there any fitness advantages to having a backyard?
>>
When you have an inferiority complex with America:
>>74221971
>>
>>74222111
He probably doesn't earn enough money to consider things like home gyms. It's crazy to think, but even a low US salary is multiple times greater than a position that requires a degree in other countries. That's why so many people jump ship to join the US. OP is likely just a straggler preaching sour grapes.
>>
>>74222523
>he thinks a shitsurb is not just a slave pod
lmao
>>
>>74224409
You live in a dog kennel. Go ahead reply "uhhh no!" when we both know the truth, you coping animal.
>>
>>74221971
You can buy a home gym or commute <10 minutes to the nearest gym by car. There's little effect on your gains as an individual.

>>74222111
>>74222523
Suburbs have turned the country fatter, more antisocial and utterly decimated cities.
You're a nigger that can't think beyond the here and now.
>>
The biggest problem I've found is how insulated my little pocket of the world is and how backwards it feels trying to go anywhere else. I live in a nice little subdivision that has about a mile's worth of private road, which is nice for a warm-up run, but to get any more distance than that I'd have to go out on the "main road", which doesn't have a sidewalk or even a shoulder wide enough to comfortably run without feeling like I'm going to get clipped by oncoming side-view mirrors of the pavement princess trucks all these dicklets are buying (and forget about biking). Getting in a car to go somewhere I can get more distance is stupid, so I don't, and my cardio's suffered. My stationary bike (or a rowing machine) just drains my damn soul whenever it's too shitty out for my little run. Ugh.
>>
>>74221971
>barely any spics, nigs, or hicks
>lawns and homes taken care of
>working utilities
>if you can afford this you can afford a home gym
>decorated during holidays for max comfy
>guaranteed to double your buying-selling price in 10 years with never ending inflation (thanks Biden)
Where am I supposed to be upset?
>>
>>74224847
you know what else is in cities?
>>
>>74225077
scawy scawy bwown people!!!
>>
>>74224847
The country got fatter because they eat too much and work white collar
Suburbs are far more social than cities where you have to avoid eye contact to lower the risk of getting stabbed by a junky
Decimating cities is a good thing because they are the epicentre of all social ills

Now get back in your cage

>>74225028
Euromalds hate suburbs because they are poverty-stricken leftist crabs trying to prevent anyone else from escaping the bucket of permaserfdom and engage in "petite bourgeois" class treason.
>>
DUDE i just LOVE the hustle and bustle of the big city, it’s so DYNAMIC and makes me feel like i’m in one of my favourite TV SHOWS. you should totally come on down to my studio apartment, it’s got EXPOSED RED BRICK walls and everything, we can crack open a nice hoppy ipa or three and get crazy watching some cartoons on adult swim! and dude, dude, DUDE, we have GOTTA go down to the barcade- listen here, right, it’s a BAR where us ADULTS who do ADULTING can go DRINK. BUT!!!! it’s also an ARCADE like when we were kids, so we can play awesome VIDEO GAMES, without dumb kids bothering us. speaking of which megan and i have finally decided to tie the knot- literally -we’re both getting snipped tomorrow at the hospital, that way we can save money to spent more on ourselves and our FURBABIES. i’m fuckin JACKED man, i’m gonna SLAM this craft beer and pop open another one!!!
>>
>tfw will never be american
>will never be able to afford a modest small home to start a family in the suburbs
>will never have a garage to store a project car that i can work on in the weekend
>will never live in peace and quiet not surrounded by undesirables
>>
>>74226193
Barcades are actually a lot of fun tho
>>
>>74224409
>slave pod
That would be an apartment complex.
>>
File: DveRw15WoAAqjbT.jpg_large.jpg (351 KB, 1152x2048)
351 KB
351 KB JPG
>>74221971
You never biked around the suburbs with your friends?
>>
>>74224847
>Suburbs have turned the
No, that would be racial 'integration'. Turns out depriving the majority of their own spaces by force of law destroys your civic fabric.
>>
>>74221971
Just drive to your gym or better yet jog there stop making excuses
>>
>>74221971
I know, look how far they have to walk to get food. Cardio is the #1 killer of gains, that's why we should all live in 15 minute cities with motorised scooter access.
>>
>>74221971
For me that's still to high a population density.
>>
>>74226251
As much as I hate to admit it I agree
>>
>>74226231
>you will never be american and have the privilege to drop out of american society
>>
>>74222111
I grew up in a suburb. It isn’t comfy. It’s like living in a big cage.
>>
>>74221971
>kills your bees
>kills your plant diversity

The obsession with "perfect lawns" is insane. How did it even happen? They used to be a status symbol back when your land was actually used for sustenance? Like having a lawn would show you to be so wealthy that you could afford a whole area of land that provided nothing of worth. They look like shit compared to a diversified garden with local plants and fauna.
>>
>>74222111
I grew up in a rural village with vast open fields. You have no idea what that kind of freedom does for your growing brain as a child. I really pity people who were raised in these bugbox encampments.
>>
File: yurosisters.jpg (86 KB, 680x615)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>74221971
>>74222057
>>
>>74228067
>Vast miles of soulless development restricted to nothing but single-family housing vs. a single block of soulless apartments in the wider fabric of a city with various amenities and transit
This is your brain on copium
>>
>>74228067
Both are detestable. Rural or urban. Deal with the shitskins or get rid of them or just don't build a fucking city.
>>
>>74228067
>there is probably more people living in bottom pic than top pic
>>
>>74228329
Im such a retard that I don’t know which one I prefer. I know that big cities can be bad, they’re usually more expensive, more crime, more noise and commotion if you don’t like those things. But suburbs are bad in their own way in that they seem to be quite isolating, less interaction between neighbors, far away from things requiring longer commutes/forced car ownership and overuse to do things, soulless houses that all look the same and usually just big box stores and chain restaurants, home owners associations being terrible to deal with, etc.
>>
File: IMG_1601.png (1.15 MB, 1334x750)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>74228390
There needs to be a 3rd way to fix the problems of suburbs without people having to move into shithole cities. People get way too caught up in the Europe vs US argument anytime problems are brought up with US suburbs. I hate black and white arguments so fucking much. Commieblocs are retarded, and so are isolated cookie cutter suburban developments. Suburbs simply need to be built differently than we build them now, not eliminated. Also every neighborhood should be built with a public shooting range so people aren’t beholden to indoor range fudds if they don’t live in a state with public land. Picrel is a screenshot I took a few weeks back of something that could work
>>
File: file.png (2.38 MB, 1303x856)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB PNG
>>74221971
How would a suburb kill my gains? I can jog under the trees on the sidewalk and only have to worry about the traffic of my neighbors. My gym is a 10 minute drive away and I can walk to the grocery store in 20 minutes. The only suburbs I've been to that were inconvenient are ones built from the 90s onwards, likely because they were just hoping for development to come that never did. If a suburb doesn't have plenty of trees mature enough to give shade it's not worth looking at, it's just another planned development that fizzled out.
>>
>>74227769
oh no me and my neighbors don't have to listen to each other walk around and listen to music and I can wash my car for free
>>
File: apartments.png (572 KB, 828x480)
572 KB
572 KB PNG
>>
>>74228329
>privacy vs no privacy
hmmmmmm
>>
>>74228721
The only problem with your thing is that those mixed use places will basically never be proper marketplaces and more likely to be boutiques and such that still necessitate car dependence.
This is because feasibility studies are done before big markets move anywhere, and the middle ground between a village/suburb simply won't ever get approved for it, because you'd need to funnel traffic from the main highway, through the residential zones, to the mixed use area in the center. And if the mixed use area is say, recreation, you'll have outsider traffic flowing through the community at all hours.
I do like the idea in general, but it's hard to work out.
>>
>>74226270
This. Living in the suburbs does kind of suck ass once you're out of high school because the economy crashed and you can't afford to buy a house where you grew up anymore BUT riding bikes around the burbs, across from one suburb to the next and exploring your small town and the surrounding wilderness is absolutely kino childhood experience. Waking up at 6am with the boys to go fishing without needing a ride, competitively growing our own vegetables, etc.
>>
>>74227779
>How did it even happen?
Literally boomers legally enforcing lawn standards to protect their property values, that's it. It was once a status symbol, boomers grew up with it being one, and all around the country they codified it into law.
>>
>>74226193
DUDE i just LOVE my new house in the suburbs, it's so BIG and i have so much space for ACTIVITIES. the HOA fees are only like four hundred bucks too, and i hear they throw a BLOCK PARTY every summer!! hope the neighbors are friendly, haven't met them yet haha, guess they've been busy. oh the light beer? yeah moneys kinda tight right now, bank wanted 35% for a down payment, but if you want something different we can go the walmart. it's only thirty minutes away, SUPER close. gym's only forty five minutes away too, as soon as the holidays are over and work slows down i'm gonna get back into lifting, used to have a six pack but these days i'm looking more like a KEG lol! you should come over more often! i'm only twenty five minutes from the highway. gotta check with the ol' ball and chain first though, you know how it is, maybe we can find some time in a few weeks!!
>>
>>74229642
Maybe in free America but in the rest of the world, our gardens arnt dictated by our neighbours. Yet still, every cunt wants a big lawn.
>>
>>74229661
>Tfw live in the suburbs and Walmart and the Gym are both 5 minutes away by car, know my neighbors by name, don't live in an HOA hellhole, and inherited the land from my father, like his father before him and his father before him (back before the town was developed)
Feels good to be a suburbanite.
>>
>>74227822
>I really pity people who were raised in these bugbox encampments.
They don't actually understand what the difference is. People who grew up in apartment complex asked me what was it like to live in a house. I couldn't explain in meaningful way. Another apartmentfag talked to me about terraces. Bro you don't need balcony in one storey house. It's just substitute of open space and land.
>>
Do people really prefer living in a city? Or are we larping here? I live in a small town where everything is readily available a 10-15 minute walk away. The nearest city is 40min drive or train away. I couldn't imagine anything worse than living is a place dominated by concrete and glass with super high pollution and noise thrown into the mix. Where in never gets dark because of all the neon signs. Fuck that.
>>
>>74224977
Just run 1 mile little laps in your neighborhood you fucking idiot
>>
>>74230583
>>
>nooo I will never live in the pod
meanwhile americans >>74221971
>>
>>74230541
>suburb
>"land"
I bet you're one of the kids that think they could go self-sufficient by growing potatoes in their backyard.
>>
>>74226193
> I'm a vaguely conservative low life fuck from Shitass Alabama stuck in Suburbia and I'm jealous of freedom
That said I hate those types too.
>>
>>74230851
If by back yard you mean 12 acres of woods that I'd need to clear then yes I could grow enough food to be self-sufficient but it wouldn't be worth the hassle barring an extreme shift in circumstances.
>>
>>74221971
now I understand why americans invented the staircase simulator and claim that you have to be fat to have calves.
>>
>>74230731
>Adult

Kek
>>
>>74228067
Both are bad.
>t. Yuropoor
>>
>>74230731
That is horrific and that thing will probably reproduce.
>>
>>74222057
>Kills your cities
Good
Fuck off and die
>>
>>74230583
>Do people really prefer living in a city? Or are we larping here?
Your children are going to get the fuck out of there and leave you behind as soon as possible so you can ask them eventually
>>
>>74232337
My kids absolutely love having all the land to play on and explore. There are meadows, woods and rivers all just a very short bike ride away. All over the world, people are fleeing the cities on mass now that most city jobs can be done remotely. My house price has increased an absurd amount since covid
>>
>>74232362
Wait till they are 18 and don't want to just play with chickens all day

>All over the world, people are fleeing the cities on mass
Cool headcanon
>>
>>74232385
I love your projection. Because you're a hardcore consoomer in your over priced sardine can apartment, you can't fathom how anybody else would think it's a horrific way to live. By the time my kids are 18, it will be widely understood how city living negatively effects your mental health in serious ways.
>>
>>74222102
you blame jews as a proxy for your legitimate criticisms of capitalism, because it's easier to demonize a group of people outside of your tribe than it is to question the system around which your entire life has been structured.
>>
>>74232445
Look at doctor faggot over here
You got a phd in philosophy or something sigmind froid? Pansy ass nigga
Demonize this dick in your moms asshole around which YOUR whole life has been structured pussy ass nigga
>>
>>74232445
Why is capitalism bad without mentioning “muh hyper capitalist corporation”
>hey can you do this service for me
>sure if you pay me
>here you go here’s your pay
>thank you I will now do the service
The system is good, ideal even, but Jews ruined it like they ruin everything they touch
>>
>>74229632
>riding bikes around the burbs, across from one suburb to the next and exploring your small town and the surrounding wilderness is absolutely kino childhood experience. Waking up at 6am with the boys to go fishing without needing a ride, competitively growing our own vegetables, etc.
what you're describing is an exurb or semi-rural area, not a suburb. modern developer-built suburbs like OP's picrel are intentionally designed to make walking and biking difficult and unsafe, to reinforce the dominance of the car-based economy. today, there are chainlink fences separating each planned development and the "lakes" are just rainwater retention ponds covered with algae blooms and zero fish. i'm not saying this as a doomer, i'm saying it as someone who works the building construction industry and sees firsthand how zoning laws and building permits purposefully create this disaster of urban planning specifically because it financially benefits the landowners and developers.
>>
File: 1690491014463302.jpg (131 KB, 760x1211)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>74221971
>suburban detatched house
>gives you room for a home gym
>encourages you to use a car, saving you the walking involved with public transit
Where do I exactly lose gains here?
>>
>>74232504
>The system is good, ideal even, but Jews ruined it like they ruin everything they touch
sounds like you're mad that jews are better at capitalism than you are
>>
>>74225028
>HOAcucks try to kill you if you decide to grow cabbage in your front lawn or have a few pet chickens... just because ok
>Only being "sold" on a mortgage so you don't actually own it
>Normalniggers putting up obnoxious lights half the fucking year
The only sane option to own a home nowadays is to buy undeveloped land like our forefathers and develop it ourselves
>>
>>74229517
You only need a couple of those apartment buildings and you can use the rest of the space for public areas like Parks
>>
>>74232405
it's ironic that the people who advocate for rural life and homesteading are also the ones that say the declining birthrate is a problem. where exactly do you want all these new people to live? you say the cities are horrible but surely you don't want all these new families with 4+ kids to move into your idyllic small town either, right?
>>
File: 1.jpg (100 KB, 668x442)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>74229517
>>74232632
the pic that anon posted is photoshopped. here's the original, which is exactly what you described.
>>
>>74232663
but muh garden
muh car
>>
>>74232663
The point is they wont stop at just one apartment. As long as shitskins keep flooding the first world
>>
>>74232756
>blaming society for your problems
you sound like a liberal anon
>>
>>74222111
>>74224409
>>74224466
>>74224847
>>74226256

Suburbs
>quite.
>can use power tools sometimes.
>have a backyard.
>safer for kids.

Cities
>Better restaurants.
>More entertainment.
>More business opportunities.
>don’t need a car.

Really it’s just a mentality difference between those who are risk averse and those who aren’t.
>>
>>74232805
I strongly disagree considering half of the most populace cities are crime hubs and half are Orwellian in terms of surveillance. The former have incredible unintelligent people and the latter have incredibly feeble people. There's not great consistency there.
>>
>>74228329
>having your own garden and living room made to your own tastes is le soulless, you have to share everything with others
You don't believe this and you said it anyways. What's with this projection?
>>
>>74228721
This is quite literally the type of suburb I grew up with in the US. My suburb had horse trails and fishing ponds, but it really wasn't that expensive (at the time of my parents buying a house there).
Speaking of, they got a crazy return on their house when they retired and resold it. That's another aspect of US home ownership foreign people don't understand, it's an insanely good investment. Apartments though are just money you're never getting back.
>>
>>74232663
But his pick is what actually ends up happening you shitter. Take a good look at your average Asian city. It's all concrete.
>>
>>74226193
>>74229661
>Florida version
DUDE you GOTTA come see my new place. Yeah bro it’s got 4 bedrooms, I mean I have roommates but they’re chill they’re super cool. You HAVE to meet them there’s Toby and Sharece and Jose and Flavius they’re great dude THEYRE ALL STONERS LIKE ME they’re literally so cool bro you gotta come. Beers? Uh yeah sure maybe, we’re probably all gonna smoke though. What? Go… out? Like to the club? Huh? Out…side? Like with grass and trees? Actually tonight’s not a good night man…
>>
>>74233387
Forgot to mention:
YEAH BRO I literally only pay $1500 to share this space it’s so amazing to have 10x10 room as my only private and personal space haha the roaches aren’t even that bad
>>
>>74232636
I don't give a fuck about declining birthrate. The world is massively over populated and a lot of natural spaces are being destroyed to maintain this growth. I'd rather the population started declining, not just the birth rate.
>>
>>74232756
>>74232975
you'd only get that density of housing if the land is zoned for high-density dwelling construction. if it was, then the cost of each acre would be so high that no developer in their right mind would even consider putting single-family suburban homes on it to begin with.
>>
>>74221971
>Make it illegal to walk places
>Why is everyone so fat and unhappy?!
This country was a mistake
>>
>>74221971
>>
>>74234033
We are saying don't zone it that way.
>>
File: 1566053218854.jpg (97 KB, 717x833)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>74232805
>Suburbs
>>quite.
>>
File: 1700937639247411.png (167 KB, 300x325)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
>>74221971
what's he up to
>>
>>74234052
yes, that's exactly what the original artwork was proposing: two options for housing the same total number of people. that's why the image specifically referred to the hypothetical land as an island. the fact that somebody photoshopped it to break the rules of the thought experiment makes your whole argument meaningless.

imagine that you showed me a picture of a healthy, living tree. now imagine i edit the picture to show just a dead tree stump, and then i started telling you not to cut down trees. that's the same logic of the argument you're putting forward here.
>>
>>74221971
Only thing I'd change is, plant more trees, and the fruit kind too - apples, peaches, cherries, pears. Id plant trees around the backyard's fence and have a potato and tomato raised gardens in the middle. Home gym in the basement
>>
>>74232805
>safer for kids
until your dumbass kid gets run over
>>
What I dont get when seeing some of those is how few people actually do shit with their yard. I have a relatively small yard and I installed a small greenhouse and a bunch of planters and always have a lot of fresh tomatoes and fresh herbs and stuff to cook with. Just empty grass is equally soulless as living in an apartment.
>>
>>74226193
City slickers seething at this one
>>
>>74229632
>competitively growing our own vegetables
Stopped reading here. What the fuck?
>>
>>74234217
he means they were jacking each other off in the woods
>>
>>74222111
Suburbs are dogshit. Rural is great. City has value for career and networking. Suburbs have no value and rely on the taxes of the cities they orbit like parasites to function.

I don't want to pay for your lifestyle. Fuck off
>>
>>74234120
No. They would zone it to have as many apartments as possible. There are no rules. If you for some reason still don't believe that just look at the average Asian megacity.
>>
>>74222102
Kek
>t. most jewish man who ever lived
>>
>>74230585
Please don't call me an idiot. I don't want my neighbors to think I'm weird after seeing me run by their house six times in an afternoon. I don't think you go outside.
>>
>>74222111
Checked and /thread
>>
>>74234217
>Stopped reading at the end
Kek
>>74234267
No but FWIW sex in the wood is not romantic, it's dirty and you have to check for ticks after, not worth if you can do it anywhere else. Also:
>He never got to use the yard to grow stuff as a kid

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.