[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Zercher deadlift INTO zercher squat

All you need, don't argue with me because you'll be wrong. GUARANTEED
>>
>>74222497
I farted on the bus and a little turd plopped out
>>
I used to do a lot of these, really good exercise but I can't get the bar to sit properly in the elbow anymore. Wish my gym had a harness so I could replicate it.
>>
File: zerchin'.png (345 KB, 617x485)
345 KB
345 KB PNG
>>74222497
reporting in
>>
Zercher style deadlift and squat is more functional for sport and athletics then regular deads and squats
>>
Zerchers seem like cleans for people who are too stupid to learn how to clean
>>
The OHP
Zercher Squat
Trap bar

The holy trinity of dyel gym movements to ego boost
>>
>>74225333
Zerchers are how to train a pick for odd objects, sandbags, stones etc where you can't get a good grip on a handle.
>>
>>74225347
unathletic "bodybuilder" machine user cope
>>
>>74222497
>into zercher overheadpress
yep dude just gonna fuck my shit into oblivion
>>
>>74225347
You do not lift
>>
>>74225333
I just want to pretzel wimen man
>>
File: zercherdead.webm (962 KB, 640x480)
962 KB
962 KB WEBM
>>
is rounding your back like that actually ok
>>
>>74222497
Post body
>>
>>74227691
Yeah if you train it. Similar to an atlas stone pick
>>
>>74227691
As long as you maintain posture integrity is ok so if you have a rounded back keep it rounded, going from straight to rounded and vice versa durin the lift is the problem.
>>
>>74227691
Yes. You need to train your lower back directly and start fairly light if you've never done it before but if you regularly do these you're arguably more resilient to lower back injury than someone who avoids any spinal flexion/extension at all. See also the Jefferson curl, in which you deliberately round your back under load in order to build mobility and strength along your entire spinal flexion range of motion.
Anecdotal but since I started doing these I haven't had any back pain whatsoever.
>>74227766
That makes no sense. Flexion is flexion, the muscles are recruited whether you return to a straight back or don't. Look at wrestlers body slamming people or pro tennis players leaning down to hit the ball from a funny angle, they regularly go from straight to flexed (and sometimes to extended) without any problems. The issue isn't one specific movement range or motion pattern, it's leaving said range untrained and underdeveloped.
>>
>>74227921
Kys retard.
>>
>>74227978
Careful, glassback. If you hunch over your keyboard too much you'll herniate a disc.
>>
>>74225496
why don't you just pick up a rock instead?
>>
>>74227921
>That makes no sense. Flexion is flexion, the muscles are recruited whether you return to a straight back or don't.
What >>74227766 is saying is that damage happens during end range lumbar flexion (maybe the last few degrees of motion) and changing from braced to flexion under load puts you at risk of flexing too much and getting in the danger zone. Stuart McGill describes it much better than I can
>>
>>74228003
You could, but it's easier to progressively overload the barbell for training purposes and a barbell takes less space than a collection of stones (the MB power stone aside) and is quicker to change weights than a sandbag.
>>
>>74225333
What an insightful thing to say anon. Except it's fucking retarded, seriously explain your dumb comment. High pulls are an Olympic lift for people that don't want to learn a complicated lift. Zerchers are just a squat with a stupid hold, they're not a dynamic exercise
>>
>>74228003
yeah let me just take the time to find and weigh varying collections of stones with different dimensions and such till I eventually build up to a 400 lb rock which will be virtually impossible to contain within the crooks of my arms even if I have strongman tier strength when I could just use a barbell to lift that same 400 lbs
>>
>>74228128
who the FUCK is stuart mcgill
>>
>>74228398
the preeminent expert on spinal biomechanics. As Bill Starr is to powerlifting, Prilepin to Olympic lifting and Denis Vasilev to kettlefag shit, so is McGill to sports medicine and orthopaedics.
>>
>>74227996
Amusing burn but the danger is in end range lumbar flexion. Thoracic flexion won't actually hurt you - Konstantin Konstantinov and Bob Peoples both pulled record setting amounts looking like Quasimodo.
>>
what about zercher curls
>>
>>74229074
God tier for front delts
>>
Do you think anyone's ever Zerchered in anything besides barefeet or converse?
>>
>>74229081
which zercher movement is good for rear
gotta keep it balanced
>>
>>74229089
Zercher carries, your entire upper back will be on fire holding it together. Better if you have your hands apart outside the knees but even clasped will work your traps, rear delts, lats and rhomboids hard.
>>
>>74229086
Yeah I use adipowers sometimes and other times doc martens
>>
File: 1703986507739.webm (373 KB, 1280x720)
373 KB
373 KB WEBM
>>74225333
>>
>>74228354
just use a sandbag, they're adjustable. zercher squats/deadlifts vaguely simulate the effect a stone or sandbag would have on the core, but the technique is very different.
>>
>>74228354
yeah but it looks fucking sick to do it with a rock
>>
>>74229746
>sandbag
how is this for pinch grip? I'd like to train for picking up fully grown men by their collars to gigamog them
>>
>>74229886
they're good for your grip but your hand and fingers are in a pretty wide open position, so keep using plates for pinch grip. if you wanna be able to ragdoll a fully grown man, a sandbag is the best tool for that. literally just pick it up and slam it on the floor as if it was a person.
>>
>>74225347
>Ohp
>dyel cope
Isn't this the compound with the lowest weight on it? This seems like the opposite of an ego boost. If anything deadlift could be the ultimate ego lift. It's usually your biggest and you can really load up plates onto it without actually getting any aesthetic benefit or training that hard. It should honestly be more like 1/2/3/5 because I think dl is just that much easier than the other three (inb4 I get sperged on, I didn't say it was easy just easier)
>>
>>74222497
that guy looks like he could rape and murder 1,000 women and it wouldn't be enough
he is indeed, fucked up.
>>
>>74230010
Hi strikerr
>>
>>74229999
i hit 1pl ohp before i hit a 3pl dl, i think it depends on the person
>>
File: 1703103736002314.jpg (228 KB, 945x1220)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
What is a good zercher squat?
I don't mean a meme number like 1/2/3/4 but a good solid number that is usually enough for most anybody
I do zercher squats with 2pl8
>>
>>74231190
1pl8 ohp was easiest for me, hit it for reps in 6 months of lifting, never did it again, I'm just doing a more complex shoulder sequence instead.
I still haven't hit 4pl8 deads but to my excuse I stopped doing those a long time ago,
>>
>>74231194
1x bodyweight is about when you can call yourself a zercher
>>
>>74231194
About 80% of your back squat.
>>
>>74229999
There are three kinds of gym ego boosts:
1) massive weight
2) accessory lift as main lift
3) le functional

OHP falls into 2 and 3, some dude having a dedicated ohp day looking down on incline benching unwashed masses
>>
>>74229209
Ooooooh, fuck ya Bud. This looks perfect to keep shoulder blades retracted too
>>
>>74231931
inb4 "muh functional," yes it is and it helps with day to day activities like you wouldn't believe, but I also wanted to point out that zercher carries are the cure to bad posture.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.