[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: maxresdefault-18.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
The GOAT of ab exercises.
>develops deep V lines
>develops deep 6 pack lines
>mogs fat people
>gets mires from girls
Why aren't you doing your windshield wipers anon?
>>
>>74226966
I can't properly isolate core whenever I do them
I like cable twists and this is very similar, might give it a shot again
>>
>>74226966
Did them today. although leg height is kind of an issue.
>>
>>74226966
I can't do hanging leg raises without swinging
>>
>>74228017
flex back
>>
>>74226966
i feel weird doing them when 2-3 people are around

it's a city gym so, there's space, but it's not a large warehouse. that can accommodate rows of benches

and it kinda looks autistic in public
>>
>>74228017
just do it slower and controled to reduce momentum
>>
>>74226966
I do.
Also, you should do them on rings for added need to stabilize yourself.
>>
>>74226966
>Why aren't you doing your windshield wipers anon?
WHY WOULD I HANG FROM A BAR IDIOT? ABS ARE BETWEEN PELVIS AND RIBS DUMBFUCK
>>
>>74229665
Post abs and I'll tell you why.
>>
>>74229809
between pelvis and ribs u uneducated cretin
>>
>>74226966
Na the actually goat is just weighted decline sit-ups.
You don’t train your biceps with body weight, why would you train abs that way?
Body weight ab training is totally fine for a novice, but there will quickly come a point where you have to do body weight ab workouts for a full hour just to get a burn.
Whereas you could just do weighted decline sit-ups, get it over with 4 sets until failure. Done in 5 minutes.
>>
>>74226966
this really depends on your gym, if you go to a true athletes gym in a warehouse then everyone knows what you are doing/can get the idea quickly and its who cares.

Try this shit in a YMCA with senior citizens and normies and while some might be impressed, a buuuunch of insecure people are gonna call you a show off in their heads. This move is way too flashy when substitutes exist.

Don't wanna attract that injury inducing evil eye anon

I would only do it in a YMCA if the gym was borderline empty
>>
>>74228328
>>74232422
>Oh no, other people might see me and think I'm showing off
I am showing off. I will lock eye contact with people and subliminally show them what they can strive toward but never achieve.
>>
>>74232485
nah nah what I mean is , the move is way too flashy when the gym is busy or packed , like brother taking up a whole pullup and squat rack in a cramped gym to do this shit??

Its a bit of ego and lack of consideration of others. If it was quieter then yeah let people think whatever
>>
>>74232509
>wow you're using a piece of equipment to work out? HOW DARE YOU

If people can use two pulleys to do flies, then this is no problem
>>
I've never seen anyone miring the calisthenics fags at my gym, just a bunch of monkeys jumping on their stupid bars.
>>
File: 1711678761130330.jpg (20 KB, 474x331)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>74226966
The city of snapville
>>
>>74232366
>weighted decline sit-ups
u don't need weight if u make it an static hold - just hold, u don't need decline either, the difference is instant - i saw progress the next day, after 2 weeks they are there, as if plastered on xD
>>
Give ab routine
>>
If it's not sport specific, why bother?

Unless an ab exercise is teaching you to transfer power across muscle groups, it's just a waste of time past the novice level.

Instead of doing windshield wipers you could do a weighted front rack carry/holds, farmers walk, clean high pull, or sprinting intervals.

Most of the time your abs are supporting your body under a compressive load like a squat, deadlift, lunge, run, tackle, jump, etc. Hanging from something while twisting your legs like Chubby Checker isn't training your brain to tolerate supporting your body in 90% of lifting and athletic activities.

These are great for rock climbing or wrestling, though.
>>
>>74233074
>If it's not sport specific, why bother?
well because i want to have muscles unrelated to anything that scream that i am muscly man obviously, and if it comes to use them they will just be there :D >>74233074
>Unless an ab exercise is teaching you to transfer power across muscle groups, it's just a waste of time past the novice level.
because bot?
>>74233074
>Instead of doing windshield wipers you could do a weighted front rack carry/holds, farmers walk, clean high pull, or sprinting intervals.
just lie on ur back and flex abs for fucks sake and lift ur upper bod, bend ur spine, HOLD, yer done, if u held it between half a minute to a minute u r golden, abs are there, the reason u do not see them is that u are not very observant, u r slightly daft, it happens, another reason u don't see them after doing it until u can't is that u r lard wagon - different issue entirely
> Most of the time your abs are supporting your body under a compressive load like a squat
i am not squatting barbell at all yet my abs just popped from static hold bot - what gives bottot?
>Hanging from something while twisting your legs like Chubby Checker isn't training your brain to tolerate supporting your body in 90% of lifting and athletic activities.
no bot, it's just retarded swinging that fucks up ur shoulders for no reason whatsoever xD xD
>>74233074
>These are great for rock climbing or wrestling, though.
no they aren't bot lol :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2IcsSAX0yE
>>
>>74228017
For me, engaging my back like on the bottom of a pull up helps.
>>
>>74226966
is this the abs thread? I superset literally everything with abs. my workouts take over 2 hours. do I have a problem? no...I have abs.
>>
>>74226966
>develops deep V lines
False. It's genetics.
>develops deep 6 pack lines
False. That's diet.
>mogs fat people
True.
>gets mires from girls
Somewhat true but far more mires from dudes, unfortunately.
>Why aren't you doing your windshield wipers anon?
I do. I'm just not delusional about them like you.
>>
>>74226966
>newfag exercise
To stimulate ab growth you would have to be able to hang on a bar for more than five minutes.
I doubt you can do that kid.
>>
>>74234075
>do I have a problem? no...I have abs.
kek based
>>
>>74229665
It's just the most efficient way to do them. Propping yourself up on your elbows is possible, but you need to be a lot more flexible. Like freak gymnast level flexible. Hanging gives you the space and range of motion to work.
>>
>>74232366
Those only work the top abs. OP's lift works the whole core and obliques.
>>
>>74234075
unironically the best ab definition i had in my life and the only time i had visible abs while not being a skeleton was when i was doing shit like this. supersetting every other exercise with command chair leg lifts or l-sit chinups. honestly i think the command chair is just goated for these, hanging calisthenic core work always feel like im exhausting myself for no good reason.
>>
i just do hanging knee raises.
>>
>>74235709
Decline sit-ups on the bench work every part of the abs. Do 8 sets to failure holding the 25 pound plate, you will get doms in the lower abs to prove it
>>
>>74232949
When did it become acceptable to type like a fucking ape retard here? Fuck off nigger.
>>
>>74235726
>i think the command chair is just goated for these
>>74231597
>between pelvis and ribs
what legs have to do with it?
>>
>>74235690
>It's just the most efficient way to do them
them is what?
>leg raises
wtf do u raise ur legs for
>abs obviously
abs aren't attatched to legs u moron

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.