[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: zercher-squat-1635955744.jpg (119 KB, 2000x1000)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
Why don't more people do the zercher versions of squats and deadlifts? Seems like you work more muscle through deeper end ranges of motion while still being able to load them heavy.
>>
>>74229668
you look like an asshole doing these in a public gym
>>
>>74229668
>Seems like you work more muscle through deeper end ranges of motion
u can't "work" a muscle without isolating it, and for hypertrophy u need 40 seconds of uninterrupted time under muscle belly tension
>>74229668
>Why don't more people do the zercher versions of squats and deadlifts?
it hurts elbows and is just as bad as regular squat - for proper squat u need ur knees to track ur feet - everybody knows that
it happens in only one scenario though: when u sit ur pelvis between ur feet with thoracic spine extended, and to keep ur thoracic extended during squat u need ur arms overhead with a pvc pipe preferably, then and only then knees are "tracking" the feet or go slightly outside feet
>no, muh knees are tracking during my squat, i work very hard on it and keep fight them collapsing, knees clapping in front of me
that's not what tracking means in this context u imbecile, it means that knees should do it on their own, without your conscious effort, when u squat like i do - with pvc pipe thoracic extended, no buttwink, dropping pelvis between (not behind!) feet

or to put it another way - if ur knees aren't "tracking" ur spine and pelvis is not in proper squat position, if thet are not traking u r bending in spine, sacral-iliac joint, u r doing an bend not squat lol
>but that means almost nobody is squatting
that is correct bot
>>
That looks like the single most uncomfortable thing in the world. May as well hold the bar in your teeth or balance it on the bridge of your nose. Fucking stupid just for the sake of being so snd reinventing the wheel.
>>
>>74229753
>and for hypertrophy u need 40 seconds of uninterrupted time under muscle belly tension

holy fucking cringe batman

rest of your post is fucking sad, i didnt even bother reading the rest of it
>>
>>74229753
I've seen your posts on here before, you're the giant pedantic tool who assumes everyone's a bot.
>>
>>74229753
>u can't "work" a muscle without isolating it
Actual retard.
>>
>>74229779
this faggot pops into many different threads and tells people that they're all lifting wrong, and only he knows the right way to lift (no, of course he won't post body)
I think he's from malaysia or something. at least that is the impression I get from his posts.
>>
>>74229753
You shit up every thread you post in holy shit kill yourself
>>
>>74229753
>u can't "work" a muscle without isolating it
retard
>and for hypertrophy u need 40 seconds of uninterrupted time under muscle belly tension
bullshit. you can build muscles just the same doing 6-30 reps as long you go to within about 3 reps to failure. you can even build muscles with lower reps, but it needs more sets for the same effect
>>74229753
>that's not what tracking means in this context u imbecile, it means that knees should do it on their own, without your conscious effort, when u squat like i do - with pvc pipe thoracic extended, no buttwink, dropping pelvis between (not behind!) feet
what the fuck are you even quoting, are you literally having a stroke? certainly not anything OP said. it's hard to even tell wtf you tried to say, but you can definitely move your knees forward conciously when you squat
>>
>>74229753
Medial delt schizo strikes again
>>
>>74229668
a) worse than back squat as main movement
b) worse than good morning for posterior chain assistance, worse than highbar heels elevated atg for quad assistance, worse than front squat for upper back assistance
c) I can't curl after them, my biceps are somehow tired

It's good as a final burnout exercise since you can start out with an upright torso and then cheat relentlessly once you fatigue and end up doing gms. And you can just take a rest at the bottom for a couple seconds then hammer out a few more reps.

>>74229676
You actually don't since you don't take up a rack with them. And who gives a shit.
>>
>>74229668
The reasons why people dont attempt zercher squats is because the back squat has more clout. The reason why people who attempt them don't keep doing them is because of the pain to the inside of the elbows and it takes time to get conditioned to it. Personally I like doing it because it's doable without a squat rack and the squat rack in my gym sucks and also always occupied. It's also does not require a very strict form compared to the back squat and anyone can perform zercher squats properly as soon as they pick up the weight and start performing the action. Other people that perform zerchers also mention that it is easier on the lower back, however I personally still get plagued by low back issues similar to when I did back squats, but it may be because I lift 50% more with my zercher squats than I do my back squats.
>>
I do zerchers but I can't even do half the weight compared to back squats. They are still the only squat I can do with my herniated disc though and I don't have the mobility for front squats.
>>
>>74229753
I hope your mudhut gets blown over you faggot
>>
>>74229801
He doesn't shower irregardless.
>>
dude I hate my elbows too, thanks for the advice!
>>
>>74229668

Because they're not as effective as the squat and deadlift for building strength to anyone who isn't a late-stage intermediate / advanced lifter, which is 99+% of the population.
>>
>>74229753
Please stop giving "advice" on this board
>>
>>74232275
>I lift 50% more with my zercher squats than I do my back squats.
ngmi
>>
>>74232363
that's not what i do bot - i just play with u fum machine - thx for the updoots anyways, i will blow ur arse apart if the thread is still alive when i come back to it :D

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.