[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: xnd23glpag9d1.jpg (289 KB, 1137x1334)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
fr
>>
he should flatten his back during the plank, that makes it significantly harder
>>
>>74603287
bulgarian split squats are legit god tier and easily the best leg workout for growth too
people get filtered by them due to either being balancelets or believing it's a gimmick for women
more gains for me i guess
>>
>>74603287
>easiest exercises known to man
>humble

?
>>
>>74603320
The vast majority of lifters will only do work in the saggital plane. A small portion of lifters will work their legs in the frontal plane. Pretty much no one works their legs in the transverse plane, the only transverse plane a very small portion of lifters will exercise in is their core, not their legs.
The BSS works the saggital and transverse planes significantly. It reveals, more than any other leg exercise, the significant muscle imbalances that are reinforced with traditional bilateral movements.
Another incredibly challenging exercise is single leg romanian deadlifts.
Unilateral work also engages more muscle fibers than bilateral work as with bilateral work, you can easily compensate on one limb without even knowing it, which drives even more muscle imbalance. It is quite sad that the majority of fitness influencers and coaches don't really train these types of movements. You see them more in sports training, but not traditional weightlifting coaching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV8oqLnQdMk
>>
Every exercise is easy apart from squats and deadlifts which is why dyels hate them
>>
>humble
hate this negro term
>>
File: 1682839038412830.jpg (280 KB, 855x1079)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
>>74603287
>>
>>74603301
>fit
>knowing jackshit about how abs work
checks out
>>
>>74603287
I thought he was somehow bouncing the purple and yellow balls on his back
>>
>>74603379
100% this.
>>
>>74603342
Post plank form and time elapsed
Post stairmaster time, distance and intensity
Post BSS heaviest set/reps with proper form (trembling like a bitch is not proper form)
You won't because you never done them in your life
>>
>>74603372
Hi chatgpt
>>
>>74603301
He also needs to bring those elbows in, he might as well be taking a break.
>>
File: Graphs.png (83 KB, 758x520)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>74604406
A posterior pelvic tilt engages the core and the transverse abdominis, leading to better activation of the core while doing the plank.

Furthermore, the primary function of the abdominal muscles is to stabilize the trunk and provide anti extension so that you don't suffer pars inarticularis fractures in your lumbar spine.

The posterior pelvic tilt, which is seen commonly in hollow body holds, or hanging leg raises, is by far the best way to engage the core musculature to not only prevent injury but to strengthen the abs in the way they are meant to work.

https://bretcontreras.com/long-lever-posterior-tilt-planks-kick-shit-traditional-planks/

Since it seems you know absolutely nothing of fitness, here's a renowned sports scientist explaining why the posterior tilt plank is a superior exercise.
>>
>>74604255
yeah it's very brown coded
>>
>>74604566
but he has a tucked pelvis you fucking retard, his back is a bit rounded in the upper areas which is completely fine. Also Contreas is a faggot.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>74604619
good lord you have absolutely no knowledge of fitness nor biomechanics
>>
>>74604639
I forgot im responding to a complete fucking retard, here's the information spoonfed to you in a better pic
>>
>>74604639
>>74604647
so you are blind, you stupid nigger pseud, holy fuck stop posting and look at OP's at least once
>>
>>74604658
lol, no he's not you absolute retard. There's a reason why his T spine is hyperkyphotic, it's because he's trying to bring his ribs down to his pelvis, not his pelvis up to his ribs, which is why is lumbar is hyperlordotic. You have absolutely no idea how muscles work
>>
>>74604539
Hi retard.
>>
>>74603372
What this shit about planes.
You talking about axises of movement?
>>
>>74604925
saggital plane is front to back, so think about a squat / hip flexion / leg raises / sit ups

frontal plane is side to side, so think about lateral raises / abductor work / adductor work

transverse plane is top down, so think about twisting actions, like russian twists.

The BSS works the glute medius really hard as it helps stabilize the movement. What also stabilizes the movement, especially as you're moving, is your deep 6 hip rotators, which govern external rotation. Internal rotation is governed mostly by your adductors.
>>
>>74604679
but the way to fix that is not to """flatten your back""" you retard, and that was the issue, holy fuck are you dumb
>>
>>74604507
You guys get worked up over the weirdest things
>>
>>74603379
Olympic lifts and OHP are also difficult, so basically any lift that actually works.
>>
>>74603287
Wheres the deadlift? Oh right you can't do those because you're a weak faggot
>>
File: worm1690186649228027.webm (2.94 MB, 576x1024)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>74603379
>>
>>74604779
Now say nigger you copy pasting faggot
>>
>>74606363
>say dumb shit
>get called out
>bro why are you so mad lololol
NTA but you sound insufferable
>>
>>74606649
lol
>>
>>74606500
What the fuck was this nigger thinking?
>>
>>74604255
>>74604575
Damn you fags really cant go 3 seconds without thinking of black people or bbc
>>
>>74603372
Schizo?
>>
>>74604947
would
>>
>>74604947
I'd intersect her sagittal plane if you get what I mean
>>
>>74606500
>be me
>know back pain runs in the family, so do only very lightweight deadlifts with autistic form, form checked by 3 personal trainers and 2 physical therapists
>shit is easy, so I do high reps
>going to do the first set of the day after my meticulous warmups
>on a lark, do a bent over row with the weight. Why not? Its very light, afterall, I'm actually able to do a bent over row with it
>INSTANTLY fuck my shit up and forced to take weeks off for my back to recover
sometimes being built different means being built wrong
>>
>>74604539
Know nothing projection
>>
>>74609228
Don't go near failure, and don't try to find your limit, because you will. I also strained back doing "easy" reps.
>>
>>74609228
maybe do some low weight assistance work for the specific area for a while before trying deadlifts again
>>
>>74603379
Real.
>>74606379
No they aren't.
>>
File: 1689700027144472.jpg (28 KB, 750x742)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>plank on a mat
>>
>>74609228
>doesn't actually train back
>surprised his back is weak
>>
>>74603372
>someone posts actual valuable advice
>/fit/rannies cry and bitch
Good shit dude, you expose the people that don't know anything.
>>
>>74609522
>Midwit is easily fooled by verbosity from an unthinking machine
>>
>>74603320
Any lift named after an eastern European country is not a type of exercise, it is a method of torture.
>>
>>74609531
Oh you didn't get it? Way to out yourself I guess‽
>>
>>74609531
>simple basic kinesiology is labeled as verbose

Well, for simpletons such as you, I can just say that the BSS works a lot more muscles in a lot more ways than traditional 2 legged exercises. I fully explain, in detail, what exactly the BSS works, but if you're too dumb to understand, then you just have to trust that I know what I'm talking about when I say it works more muscles.
>>
>>74606300
yes it is, you absolute mongoloid.

His problem is that he's contracting his glutes, which reciprocally inhibit his hip flexors, this is important in shifting more weight to the abs, but his problem is that he's not co contracting his lower abdominals. How can I see that he is contracting his glutes? simple, look at his lumbar spine. In the position he is in, he is contracting his glutes and his upper abdominals, but not his lower abdominals. This is leading to hyperkyphosis of the T spine, and hyperlordosis of the lumbar spine. He's anteriorally tilted at his pelvis. He's getting abdominal contraction by flexing his T spine, not by posteriorally rotating his pelvis.

It really is amazing that this is a fitness board yet so few people know anything about basic biomechanics and muscles.
>>
ive never been humbled by anything except the Lords grace because no force of man or nature can match His magnanimity
>>
>>74603320
If you or someone you know is a balancelet, add one legged deadlifts to your routine.
>>
>>74610306
why not just do bss until you learn to balance and get gains in the meantime
>>
>>74609731
All are manlets before the glory God

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.