[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_20240629_120119.jpg (180 KB, 936x997)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>Be me
>7 months into the gym
>Progress is unnoticeable although I can lift douple of what I started with 7 months ago bc my arms are still tiny
>My pecs aren't but I always wear baggy clothes, so they're also unnoticeable
>Both trainers come up to me suggesting me a beginner routine
>Get into an argument with them because they think the back has 2 muscles instead of all the different areas it has
>Mfs don't even listen to what I'm saying and keep suggesting the beginner fucking routine
>Autistic af so I've been thinking about it all week and now I don't wanna go to the gym anymore
I know I shouldn't care and I should just go and do what I know works for me, but it's not the first time and I have some kind of beef with every trainer at the local gym now
The hell should I do? I don't have the equipment at home since my legs are way too strong for home routines but I also feel weird coming back
>>
>way too strong for home routines

Bull. Buy a bench and do Bulgarian split squats and one-legged hip thrusts.
>>
>>74605408
>Progress is unnoticeable although I can lift douple of what I started with 7 months ago
Let me guess, most sets are under 10 reps and you stop before failure? Try 15-20 to failure.

Do a lot of bicep curls and tricep pushdowns.
>>
>>74605408
Ignore them. That's it. Man up.
In terms of aesthetic progress, there are 3 things that hampered my progress that I wish I knew:
1. Lift to/near failure (don't lie to yourself)
2. Actually eat 1.5-1.75x bodyweight (kg) of protein every day. It's not an exaggeration
3. Sleep 7-9 hrs
Other than that, trust the process and stay lean
>>
>>74605558
I can already do Bulgarian split squats with 60 pounds on each leg, but idk what could I do at home for hip abduction or for training the back of my legs
>>
>>74605585
I usually do 4 sets of 10 reps and if I fail, I keep going with less weight
Should I still try 15?
>>
>>74605726
15 is good, or you can alternate between 10 and 20.
>if i fail
You should fail, or when you get experience know you're really close. It's more reliable just to fail. Adjust weight so you fail at the right reps.
>>
>>74606762
And at least 12 sets per muscle per week.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.