[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: potatoesVScarbs.jpg (168 KB, 800x564)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
Which is the superior carb?
>>
potatoes according to me
rice according to goatis
>>
>>74607200
Roasted root vegetables and pumpkin because they're yummy
>>
>>74607200

oats:

>insanely easy to prep (no prep at all)
>beta glucans
>protein

potatos have oxalates and rice has arsenic. white rice also causes insulin spike
>>
>>74607200
Rice is litteraly the worst carb staple. Shittiest flavor and lowest protein.
It's only popular among fitness circles as some signal that you're "in" and a apart of the "group". Which doesn't even make sense as the Fitness icons like Arnold or Mike Mentzer never shilled rice or ate it much at all.
>>
>>74607248

its raw carb with little nutrition. potato has tons of potassium and a diverse mineral profile.

go with white rice if you need the immediate energy boost

go with potato for sustained energy and a dense nutritional profile
>>
>>74607230
Brother may I have some öats
>>
>>74607200
Doesn't matter, variety a cycling sources will be better than either. Trying to best in slot macros for a diet is the most soulless bug minded endeavor.
>>
>>74607230
>>protein
Telltale sign your opinion is worthless.
>>
>>74607248
>and lowest protein.
Another brainlet.
>>
>>74607296

it obviously doesn't have tons of protein, but it has some. if you're eating a cup a day it adds up
>>
>>74607300
>>74607296
Please share your gnosis with us, autist retard.
>>
Long grain white rice is the best.
>>
>>74607301
Man, the protein quality of grains is poor. Of course it counts but if you're gonna mention it as a plus for a plant food, it better be a legume, pretty much. This is like saying one of the benefits of eating spinach is the calcium content.

>>74607320
Protein shouldn't be something you should worry about in carbohydrate rich foods unless you're a vegan. Even the protein in onions products doesn't reach an excellent status in the DIAAS. It's equivalent to bringing up the zinc content of taxonomical seeds.
>>
>>74607200
im a fan of pasta and potatoes and rice. all of it.
>>
>>74607363
>Protein shouldn't be something you should worry about in carbohydrate rich foods unless you're a vegan
Retarded.

No such thing as too much protein and whether eating rice or potatoes or any non-keto diet, one will not struggle meeting whatever carb goals they'll have. So why not get the carb source which provides more assurance you'll meet your much more important protein goals, gives more continued energy(digests slowly), fills you more, and has a higher thermic effect.

Moreover, rice not only has very little protein, it has little of anything besides just carbs. Might as well eat cookies.
>>
>>74607200
Wheat mogs both
>>
Lentils
>>
File: sip.jpg (82 KB, 1080x886)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>74607490
>No such thing as too much protein
Oh, that is certainly a thing for some people.
>So why not get the carb source which provides more assurance you'll meet your much more important protein goals,
>Moreover, rice not only has very little protein,
You didn't read my entire reply or didn't understand it.
>it has little of anything besides just carbs. Might as well eat cookies.
There are advantages to white rice over brown rice, no phytate being one of them.
>>
>>74607230
Oates are high in lectins, phytic acid, and usually pesticides. plus gluten is fucking trash. Low arsenic white rice is the best of the three. Potatoes come in second. All are trash compared to fruit.
>>
>>74607635
>Oh, that is certainly a thing for some people.
The fact you even attempt this retarded line betrays you.
>There are advantages to white rice over brown rice, no phytate being one of them.
What are you even responding to here? Brown rice has only marginal utility over white rice. White rice is a simple carb which is processed almost identically to normal table sugar.
>>
>>74607677
you sound so gay dude holy shit
>>
>>74607200
Is there any food with as much variety as the potato?
>Boiled potatoes
>Baked potatoes
>Mashed potatoes
>Pan fried potatoes
>French fries
>Chips
These all taste different
>>
>>74607712
>The fact you even attempt this retarded line betrays you.
The need for protein restriction is more common than you think. I'm aware of the studies that show protein intakes of like 3g/kg are safe but my previous claim still stands.
>What are you even responding to here?
Sorry, my mind responded to something else. My point is that white rice has advantages over other sources of carbs.
>White rice is a simple carb which is processed almost identically to normal table sugar.
And? Insulin shouldn't always be low and if you're someone who wants a rapidly available source of energy it's great.
>>
Plants have no nutritional value for humans beyond sugar (all carbs are sugar)
Pick whatever one you want
>>
>>74607813
Animal foods are generally more nutritious but plants can provide some vitamins and minerals if prepared properly
>>
File: vegans4.jpg (59 KB, 680x406)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>74607835
>plants can provide some vitamins and minerals if prepared properly
>>
Wow, someone took the garbage bait, how dumb.
>>
>>74607200
>carb
>superior
Two words which do not belong in the same sentence
>>
>>74607738
You just made a list, in ascending order, of ratios of oil to potato
>>
>>74607845
I stand by everything I said. You can get some nutrients from plants but I never said anything about an exclusively plant based diet
>>
>>74607917
Potatoes with no butter or oil tastes like garbage
>>
>>74607970
Nope they taste like salty ketchupy tato
>>
>>74607810
>The need for protein restriction is more common than you think
No it's not.
>my previous claim still stands.
Wow there are extreme edge cases where someone might need to restrict protein. Irrelevant. The average person still only stands to gain for swapping carbs for protein in their diet.
>Sorry, my mind responded to something else.
Yeah and this confirms you're an autistic pedantic retard. This conversations' over.
>>
>>74608297
>Wow there are extreme edge cases where someone might need to restrict protein.
And then you proceed to...
>Yeah and this confirms you're an autistic pedantic retard.
Ironic projection. You committed my mistake twice and in a way more stupid manner.
>>
Carbs kill gains
>>
>>74608366
You confuse what your even talking to or about on a text board (like wtf?) and type like a faggot retard.
Tell me more about how common the need for protein restriction is and how this is relevant for someone swapping rice for bread or potatoes lmao
>>
>>74608445
Y tho
>>
>>74607200
Potatoes as they aren't processed
>>
File: ketolard.jpg (136 KB, 800x961)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>74607813
>>74607888
>>74608445
Based bald epileptic man with poor immune system and brain fog
>>
>>74608741
Because this faggot is a ketoschizo and can't understand that almost all high performance athletes consume carbs.
>>
File: veganschizo2.jpg (309 KB, 1125x744)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
>>74609195
>>
taters are goated desu
>>
>>74607200
oats
>>
File: 1000035007.jpg (84 KB, 881x1000)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>74607200
>Be Me
>Be Buckwheat
>Mog everything else
>>
File: file.png (2.75 MB, 1560x1040)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB PNG
I like these
>>
>>74607200
Potatoes with skin nutrientmog rice
But sweet potatoes and oats mog both
>>
>>74607230
>insulin spike
Insulin is an extremely anabolic hormone; you need it to gain mass effectively. Low insulin diets are notoriously hard to build muscle on
>>
>>74608445
Opposite, but lots of carbs combined with no exercise is a recipe for fat gain.
>>
>>74607677
>plus gluten is fucking trash
Oats do not contain gluten
>>
>>74609422
carotenoids are toxic and extremely hard on the liver on top of the fact that most people can't convert them to vit A in any meaningful fashion
>>74609427
>Potatoes with skin nutrientmog rice
the skin is filled with all the toxins and the nutrients are completely indigestible to you regardless
>>
>fruit
Taste good effortlessly
>grains
HURR YOU GOTTA SOAK THEM FOR 2 HOURS THEN YOU HAVE TO BOIL THE FUCK OUTA THEM THEN YOU GOTTA ADD 4 DIFFERENT SPICES FROM ACROSS THE PLANET USING SLAVES FOR HARVESTING, THEN YOU GOTTA SLATHER FAT ON IT SINCE IT TASTES LIKE SHIT OTHERWISE ANR THEN MAYBE YOU GET AN OK TASTING MEAL XDD
>WHAT? ARTHRITIS IS JUST NATURAL TO AGING LOL
>>
Potatoes for whites
Rice for Asians

Genetically this is the way. We have different polymorphisms for utilizing their metabolites
>>
>>74609537
From what I've read carotenoids have positive effects and you can convert vit A to a limit, with excess being wasted. What do you mean by it being toxic and damaging the liver?
>>
File: brainlet.jpg (5 KB, 211x239)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>74609537
>carotenoids are toxic and extremely hard on the liver
I don't think I ever heard something this retarded. Not a single doctor ever said this. Ketotrannies thrive on misinformation and lies.
>>
>>74607200
I go with whole grain pasta, tho I'll probably look into that meme wheat that didn't have all those gluten hitler symptoms supposedly
>>74607286
this, autism can get you fucked hard, at least it did me
>>
>>74607363
>it better be a legume
man beans make me max fartosis and bloated, lentils make me smell like a jeet, and peas give me stomach pain
kwark just gets me somewhat bloated and tired
nuts (not peanuts) work at least
looks like it'll be chick tiddy and the 2/w salmon for the bulk of my protons
>>
>>74607200
Pasta
>>
>>74607738
Boil em mash em stick em in a stew
>>
I love potatoes and sweet potatoes, but my staple almost every week is rice and beans. Get a complete amino acid profile from the combo too. Even if bioavailability isn't as good, its still a nice little bonus.
>>
>>74607200
Depends on what dish I'm making. Minmaxing macro or especially micronutrients of all things at the expense of taste like the autists in this thread are why you all will die incels
>>
>>74609537
oh shit it's a grant genereux retard in the wild, catch him boys
>>
>>74607200
If you're good at fried rice I need to learn how to cook that shit so I can buy cheap beef. Do they marinate it or something I'm gonna marinate some cheap beef in onions and flour coat it.
>>
>>74610351
He's not even wrong people use pesticides
>>
>>74607200

I find that rice really helps me poop. On the other hand, sweet potatoes are god-tier, in many ways. They both have their merits.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.