[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: __.png (2.84 MB, 1905x1245)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB PNG
I bought 40 canned sardines today. I wanted to stop eating cookies and ultra-processed foods in general. I've been going to the gym for a month, but I've only started eating better recently. Does anyone have anything useful to say to help me?
>>
>>74607466
that's a nice snack you got there anon, but I'm not sure knocking out 40 cans deenz in one sitting is sustainable in the long term
>>
>>74607466
king oscar mogs
sardines are god tier with mustard and saltine crackers
>>
i can eat almost anything but i just cant do it with the deenz. how do i drive them into me?

i was thinking of blending them and chugging the slurry quickly, but i think it would permanently contaminate my blender
>>
Sardines aren't going to help with sweet cravings. I recommend making oat based snacks to help curve your cravings. https://mealprepmanual.com/double-chocolate-brownie-baked-oatmeal/
Tracking meals at first can be difficult, so find 2-3 quick breakfast meals you could eat everyday without getting tired. This will be your baseline for the rest of your day. I don't eat lunch, but I recommend finding a couple meals that you can eat everyday to make it less intimidating. Dinner is pretty easy to find recipes for, so spend your free day to find something tasty and make it for 5 days. Throughout the day, you can add snacks to help your cravings, vegetables, small cuts of meat, cheese, nuts, fruit are all good options, but you can also include preportioned goyslop if you met your macros and have some calories to spare. Use an app like my fitness pal to track your progress. After a few months, processed food becomes easier to avoid.
>>
Yes. Morocco is the world's biggest exporter of Sardines, which are fished out of the Atlantic Ocean.

They have many recipes for sardines. I tried sardine meat ball tajines in a tomato base sauce, and also some fried flattened sardines stuck together with a coriander, parsley, garlic, onion and lemon juice stuffing.

I guess I would suggest you try to cook them different ways so you don't get bored and don't be afraid to add your own spices and modifiers to the dish. You can make sardine meatball shakshouka with roasted peppers, you can make sardine meat fish cakes with a breading...etc.

Enjoy the sardines they are quite nice.
>>
>>74607530
Maybe some chinese sauce that's sweet and super hot. I tried deenz, tasted mostly like olive oil but the fish thing was still gross.
>>
Enjoy your mercury overdose you absolute idiot
Stay the fuck away from fish, it's the devil
>>
How to make Sardine fish cakes and meat balls.
Get a mini kitchen blender, with blades.
Remove bones from sardines, place them inside blender with spices, herbs, onion, garlic, coriander, parsley. Blend that into a paste.

Take the paste out, and either roll it into meat balls or mold it into a patty and cover the patty with fine bread crumbs of your choice.

This is the initial easy recipe method. The real creativity is trying different fish spices, you can get either premade one, or you can try your own mixes, and see what you like.
You just need the initial kitchen blender (not a juice blender, a chopper/food processer)
>>
File: 1704734545662443.jpg (48 KB, 736x736)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>74607466
so you're replacing it with BPA liners? Nice one lmao
>>
If you go into the spice aisle of the grocery store, you can find all sorts of spice mixes for recipe bases. You can try the sardines with a ''mexican'' spice mix, or a ''bbq'' spice mix, or a ''tikka masala'' spice mix or a ''tandoori'' spice mix, depending on what the stock is in your store.
I highly suggest however getting your garlic, onions and herbs like coriander and parsley fresh, and just chuck them in the chopper thing to mince them into the paste.
>>
>>74607561
amerimut spotted
>>
>>74607466
I do the same but with tuna. It's the most OP diet food, but it's important that you buy the varient in it's own oil, not the one with added sneed oils because those genuinely taste vomit inducing.
You'll likely need a glass of water to chug it down as it can get pretty dry in the mouth quickly
>>
>>74607466
I love eating these at work. The look on my coworkers faces when I crack open a big tin of herring fillets is also priceless.
>>
for me it's the spicy tomato sauce sardines.
>>
>>74607466
>I wanted to stop eating ultra-processed foods
>buys 40 cans of ultras processed food
based retard
>>
>>74608324
>Knocking deenz
GTFO
>>
>>74607466
as an oily fish, calorie dense protein source good for bulking
it's one of those "efficient" foods that help avoid feeling like force feeding
>>
>>74607466
It’s not good to go cold turkey. Try looking up healthy snacks. There’s also like fruit and honey roasted nuts. Yes there’s some sugar in those nuts, nothing that’ll kill you id you eat a a little bit here and there to I’ll any major cravings.
>>
>>74607466
look up recipes for whole food versions of the sweets you like
making your own has two benefits - 1) you control what goes in them, 2) you know what goes in them
seeing an entire stick of butter make just a handful of cookies can shock you into some discipline
you can have sweets you just have to count the calories very precisely
>>
>>74607561
Sardines don't contain high mercury levels retard
>>
File: Merc.png (619 KB, 2921x1701)
619 KB
619 KB PNG
pic related
>>
File: 1703254109904112.jpg (29 KB, 494x494)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>74607466
>Low tier baitfish canned in oil
Sardine eaters are the lowest forms of retards on this board.
>>
>>74607530
I taught myself to like them. Simply smelled them Day One and told myself that they smell like fish, exactly what fish should smell like, they smelled fine. Day Two, i repeated day one but ate a small piece, again they taste like fish should, they taste fine. I then repeated this for a week eating a bit more every time until i could eat a full tin with no negative thoughts or stressing about how they tasted. I never said the word "bad", "not bad" "fishy" or any words like that. After that i started treating them like normal food, adding a bit hot sauce makes them nicer, eating them with crackers makes them much nicer but i made sure i liked them straight first.
A bit tism-y but it worked. I also did this with prawns, mushrooms, and a few other foods that i couldnt eat before.
>>
>>74607466
Fisherman’s Eggs
>>
File: IMG_4194.jpg (314 KB, 1170x1960)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
>>74609196
Forgot pic
>>
>>74607561
>>74609181
i've eaten starkist tuna pouches almost every day for the last 2 years with no negative side effects.
mercury poisoning from fish is outdated meme science. fish is high in selenium which directly counteracts the mercury content as they bind together and get shat out instead of getting absorbed. if anything i probably have mild selenium poisoning which makes me constantly horny.
>>
>>74607466
Why every "I finally decided to do fit thing" is always accompanied with some outrageous behavior like buying a cubic meter of sardines?
>>
>>74607530
I put mustard on a toast and eat them. Or the one with chili sauce
>>
>>74609220
Report back in 10 years anon

>Verification not required
>>
>>74607466
Eat onions, beets and garlic.
>>
>>74607561
Learn about food webs abd biomagnification
>>
>>74609300
>he wants to live another 10 years
>>
>>74609192
I do this however there is a big difference with quality of sardine. I had a can from Thialand that i just couldn't even take one bite. Smelled bad and looked bad. Then i found John West ones from scottland and they are eatable. I eat 1 can per week and it helps with minerals n vitamins uptake. I also eat 1 can of cod liver per week too. Cod liver and sardines are symbiotic with each other for micro nutrients profile.
>>
>>74607530
I drained them and pour lemon juice over them. Held my nose and chewed fast. I got through enough of them that they're now palatable.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.