[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Will it really prevent gains?
-Feel less so push your body further
-I'm pumped up when I'm drunk

Does anyone work out after drinking?
>>
>>74608846
>boosts estrogen
>lowers test
>fucks recovery
>inhibits muscle protein synthesis
>rapes you liver, throat, digestive system, heart, etc
occasional social drinking is fine but making it a weekly habit and drinking on your own is retarded.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 201x251)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>74608846
I'm talking about spirits primarily. Vodka, rum, whisky, etc
>>
>>74608856
How do I stop anon
>>
>>74608863
Just power through it through discipline. If you’re an actual alcoholic, withdrawals and all, go to the doctor. They’ll probably put you on a benzo taper protocol or something of the like. You are capable of quitting if you want it bad enough, I believe in you anon.
>>
>>74608846
>Will it really prevent gains?
No, that's just a meme spread by moslems.
>>
>>74608846
Drinking in moderation won’t affect gains. But working out while drunk is retard behaviour and you should stop doing that.
>>
>>74608885
Even in moderation alcohol has a significant impact on recovery and mps
>>
>>74608890
Doesn’t seem to be the case in practice. I know a few guys who were basically alcoholics in college and maintained a decent physique natty lifting. Same goes for athletes who drink and party all the time yet still manage to perform at the highest level. Drinking in moderation isn’t really something to be worried about. It all just comes down to self-control and discipline.
>>
>>74608863
>fat person: "how do I stop drinking 32oz whipped cream frappucinos and eating 3 bags of Doritos a day?"
the answer like anything else is you just do
>>
>>74608890
Wrong. Drinking a 70cl of vodka has about a 25% hit on MPS. Response is dose-dependant, so having a beer or glass of wine with dinner isn't going to do shit to your gains.
Just don't drink a whole bottle of spirits within 36 hours of training and you'll be good
>>
>>74608858
I don't know about drinking that shit straight but I don't seem to have an issue with dilute drinks.
>>
>>74608890
They gave mouses 20g/Kg/day and didn't notice a difference. If they are anything like people that's like about 4 fucking liters of vodka for a built man.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4393167/

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.