[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How strong is the interference effect? I like cardio especially running ans swmming. But I want to become a bit bigger and want to ad some weight training. Will I even see results?
>>
>>74609421
Eat more and start lifting. That's all you need bro. Don't over think this shit.
>>
>>74609421
Not very strong at all if you have the glycogen and blood sugar to actually do both.

It takes more than 45 minutes absolutely redlining on cardio to actually cause the the kind of catabolism that would short your recovery.

The only complication I can see with doing both is poor fatigue management. Since both lifting and cardio generate fatigue how aggressively you train one is gonna have to come out of the other in some way if you're not not building up your total weekly training time slowly.
>>
>>74609500
>>74609441
right now I run 60km and swim 10km per week thats on top of the 10k steps I get in at work each day. But I will just start lifting and see whats happening
>>
>>74609421
Swimming is fine. But I think it’s unlikely you will get big if you’re a serious runner. Running is tailor made to whittle away muscle mass. There are big guys who get into running but there are very few runners who get big, and those who do usually cut back on their running
>>
>>74609641
That's little high I probably drop 2 hours out of one or 1 out of both to make room for 2 lifting sessions a week. Novel exercise usually does take a little more recovery consideration at first but you don't really want to dump 2+ hours of new training on your existing stuff. Because that's too abrupt of an increase.
>>
>>74609421
iirc interference effect isn't related to cardio directly, just impact
Vaguely remember reading that jogging + lifting showed an effect, but cycling + lifting didn't
So if you're bulking, maybe dial back the running but keep the swimming (could swap jogging for sprinting)
>>
>>74609421
The amount of volume I can do that I cut down cardio is like 2x. Using muscles in your spine cause way faster cns fatigue yet another win for bro science.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.