[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Figure.png (7 KB, 183x400)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
So, in september I'll be taking ballet classes a couple of times a week, but I feel like my flexibility is currently horrible. I've been exercising arms/shoulders for a few months at this point (I was severely underweight and still kinda am) but didn't do much for legs, and it seems like now I'm paying the price of that.

In particular my three critical points are these: bad posture (I sit a lot during the day), demi-plié is super shallow (still have problems doing normal squats, my butt keeps moving back) and low flexibility in general. I still can't touch my toes with my fingers while keeping the legs straight (even though I'm slowly getting there).
I can't pay for a gym subscription right now, so my current "gear" is just 2kg/3kg dumbbells, an exercise mat and a pilates ring.

So, tl;dr: what would be the best course of action if I wanted to not look like an idiot when we start the beginner course around the middle of september? Anyone with adult ballet experience that can guide me a bit?

(Figure in the photo is my current body shape)
>>
>>74610850
>33yo
>male
>ballet
Umm, one question:
For what fucking purpose??
>>
>>74610883
Because I like it?
My dance teacher is a friend that owns a company with a lot of classes: young girls, teenagers and adults. Adults (me included) in the past few years only did fitness exercises and a simple coreography. At the end of the year he does a show where everyone dances (obviously at very different levels). This year he wants to try adult ballet, and I would like to be able to do something more involved at the end of the next year instead of just walking around.
>>
>>74610883
Why not? I'm thinking of taking up dancing at age 34. Get out of my comfort zone and have new hobbies
>>
Do your thing man. It's 2024 and there's no reason dude can't do ballet if they want to.

Just curious though... are you gay or are you looking to score with the hot female ballet dancers?
>>
>>74610950
Super gay lol.
Obviously I'm not delusional: people start ballet at the age of 5-10, I'm not here to become pro with the body of an old man. I simply want to start the first lesson being able to do a normal plié and not look like a stone statue with a cactus up my ass.
>>
>>74610883
Because he's a fucking pedo faggot that wants to groom younger faggot children
>>
>>74610949
I have nothing against dancing but ballet is the weirdest fucking choice for a 30+ boomer
You’re not gonna have the necessary flexibility, your joints are already starting to show signs of arthritis and one wrong move and youll prolly fuck up yourself
All of that for what? To look incredibly gay wearing tights, not being able to use the acquired skills in any possible social interaction and probably be considered weird and creepy by the much younger people going to the same classes?
>>
>>74610966
You're late, I was expecting a reply like this much sooner considering this is 4chan. The price you pay for having unfiltered suggestions I guess, still better than reddit.
>>
>>74610995
I mean, it is weird I guess when compared to other hobbies, but the classes are separate: I'm exercising with other 30+yo people, not the younger ones. The point is to exercise, do my best, have fun and complete a couple of reasonable choreographies at the end of the year, together with other people. Doesn't seem so terrible!
>>
>>74610850
Enjoy your gender dissonance
You will feel an instinctive feeling of knowing you are in a space where you don't belong, since it's female-only/dominant as a 33yo male
>>
>>74610850
>33
>learning a fucking ballet
no offense, but you have a better chance learning to paint well, play a fucking piano, or become a GM 30+ yo, than getting decent at ballet. hell, you are better of trying to become pro mma fighter. Even with top tier genetics, this isn't a thing you can learn as an adult.
>>
>>74610966
You don't take classes with the kids if you start at 30 yo, you pay for adult classes
>>
So...does anyone have suggestions about the actual questions I asked or are we now discussing the moral implications of having fun with ballet?
>>
>>74611948
I recommend you do 5xF lip wraps on my cock

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.