[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 34555745683.jpg (11 KB, 250x250)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
hi /fit/, I've recently started lifting seriously and have been doing almost all my lifts for 3 sets until failure. Going until failure though makes my later sets fail at 0-2 reps, and causes just the first sets in some of my later lifts to fail at only 2-4 reps. Is this an intentional part of lifting until failure or am I going about this wrong? Is until failure just a meme or do I need to simply stop being a faggot

> not bait; yes i read the sticky, not new just first time not half-assing lifting
>>
>>74611011
If you're lifting to build muscle size that's just not going to work. Start at lower weight so your last set is minimum 5 reps.

5g creatine/day may help with stamina.
>>
>>74611011
you don't need to hit failure every set, not even close, especially at the beginning of your session. assuming you're putting in good effort, you should be losing 0-2 reps per set. go to failure on the final set. work in a range of 8-12 reps, and if you fail below that range, decrease the weight on your next set.
>>
File: photogeniality.png (784 KB, 1461x976)
784 KB
784 KB PNG
>>74611034
>you don't need to hit failure every set
You don't need to lift at all.
>>
>>74611011
well then lift less weight in the next set? or increase time between sets, how long do you wait?
>>
>>74611025
>>74611034
alright thanks anons, I'll adjust
>>
>>74611091
2-3 minutes rest usually

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.