[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: download.jpg (11 KB, 300x168)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>fucks up your lower back, wrists, and sternum
This is a meme exercise, just do rope pull downs like a normal person
>>
File: 1559083430281.gif (2.54 MB, 390x373)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB GIF
Dips are the key to 2pl8
>>
>>74611170
idk cuh i do them and im fine. my last workout was 3 sets of 7 reps with +50kg so im kinda mid but not novice
>>
>>74611180
I bench 1.5pl8 for reps and I can't do a single dip
and no I'm not fat, I'm a lanklet. are my arms maybe too long? my shoulders always go heem snappy
>>
>>74611267
You won't touch 2 until you get your dips in. Negatives until you can rep it, don't use the assist machine it's useless
>>
>>74611299
i hit 225 for 4 and i only ever did dips once then decided i hate it. biggest jumps in progression where swapping to seated db ohp and starting to do jm press for triceps
>>
>>74611180
I bench 265 for 5 and I've never touched a dip
>>
>>74611170
>just do rope pull downs
What? A back exercise?
>>
>>74611180
Nope, push ups are
>>
>>74611605
it's so tiring to put and balance weights on your back
>>
>>74611170
It’s a great exercise. Ton of guys in jail do it. It’s normal- you work your way up to doing good sets of dips with body weight good form good range of motion for a couple months. Then you ease into the weighted dips. Your sternum adapt over time
>>
>>74611170
skill issue
>>
if your wrists are hurting, you are likely a beginner to movements that require wrist extension. You also likely have a very low bench press.

You need to condition your wrists. The lower back is from you arching too hard, the sternum pain is pretty normal and will likely go away as you ease into the exercise.
>>
>>74611170
Lower the weight and do more reps. If you're a fatlus use the assisted dip machine and don't ego lift. Dips are on par with diddlies and squats for how insane they are for muscle growth. Just don't be a retard.
>>
>>74611170
FULLROM
U
L
L
R
O
M

If you're not going well below parallel you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>74611542
that's cos yer fat, laddie
corrr
>>
Skill issue.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.