[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2400342412.jpg (79 KB, 976x650)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Is MMA a /fit/ approved sport?
>>
>>74612203
literally the most predictable response on /fit/ to any martial art
>>
>>74612195
What the point though? You're not gonna get any girls from knowing how to fight. Going to the gym is atleast gonna get the ladies looking
>>
>>74612195
Yeah definitely. Fighters are in better shape than the vast majority of the population. They are ripped and have great conditioning plus they're gay
>>
mma in a weird spot because its very clear that like every other sport its riddled with steroids. and ina sport where youre literally slamming into eachother trying to inflict max damage, steroids in mma are prob more useful than any other sport
but yeah i think the testing is completely political and has been for years, they let guys from underdeveloped markets juice and let their current cash cows juice max
its very predictable and sad pretty much a fluke sport
>>
>>74612195
this is a very specialized form of ritualistic duel
it adds nothing
it does not improve combat ability
it leads to the development of fighting insularity
shooting, knife fighting, and wrestling, along with specialized technical skill like keeping an engine functional is what an actual "fighter" needs.

If you were to put every MMA fighter into a brigade there would be no significant difference between them and the average fatmutt recruit regarding combat ability.

you arent going to punch a bayonet away
>>
>>74612261
Its fun
And requires fitness
Also obviously irl youd be 10000x better off just having a Beretta at your side lol
Nevwrtheless if you dont fear non-lethal confrontation because you know you can win, its a plus in some whore's eyes
>>
>>74612813
>>74612820
you burger loving 'mutts really are something different. you do realize in the vast majority of countries, gun are illegal and not accessable like in 'merica.

unless you live in like London or USA, chances are that you're not gonna get stabbed or shot in ur average 1v1 drunken street fight
>>
>>74612261
>tfw met the gf in a jiu-jitsu class
>tfw most of my jiu-jitsu friends met their gfs in a jiu-jitsu class
>there are three couples who are married with children in my jiu-jitsu class
>I've been to the gym for 8 years and never had a small talk with women
>I've been on jiu-jitsu for 9 months, met my gf at my fourth month and started dating her on my fifth
Anyways, jiu-jitsu and Muay Thai gave me A LOT of friends and a woman. The gym gave me muscles and a fuckton of strength, but that's it.
>>
>>74612195
MMA would be better if they were allowed to kill the other opponent to win.
>>
>>74613004
>Anyways, jiu-jitsu and Muay Thai gave me A LOT of friends and a woman. The gym gave me muscles and a fuckton of strength, but that's it.
That's the thing I wish I knew when I was younger. Taking classes, doing hobbies and sport is where you make friends and talk to girls. The gym is really only when you wanna suffer in solitude after a breakup or something.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.