[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1534976289663.jpg (45 KB, 910x752)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
I'm going to sign up for a boxing club /fit/. What exercises do I do to prepare? I rep 1/2/3/4 but I assume that means shit in a fight. ofc my cardio is atrocious but I've been jumping rope every day to try and get it up. Should I be doing high rep dips and pullups?
>>
>>74612462
just go and ask your coach, dont bother taking any advice from here seriously. Also I have never heard of someone preparing in advance before signing up to a gym.
But, considering your concern... Yes, the lack of cardio will be the one to beat you up the most (pun not intended). Go for some runs, do some skipping, maybe high rep dips and pull ups as you suggested but I dont know what you think will happen if you do those. best of luck anon
>>
>>74612567
idk seemed like boxers love callisthenic work
>>
>>74612462
>I rep 1/2/3/4
That means you conditioned your body in the opposite direction of a fighter

Enjoy sucking and quitting lol
>>
>>74612594
Amazing, its like you have CTE without even having started yet! Anon, do whatever the fuck you want lmao, you werent gonna listen anyway. why the fuck did i bother lol
>>
>>74612620
lel excuse me for thinking openly, maybe someone could answer why normie boxers seem obsessed with doing high rep calisthenics. I should have known some fag would get pouty
>>
>>74612462
Stop giving a shit about 1RM and start working on cardiovascular and metabolic conditioning. Sport specificity is king and boxing is a short, round-based, explosive sport so you want the bulk of your time spent doing HIIT, not long runs or 1RM.
>jump rope
>jumping drills (look up some russian shit 99% of Americans do it wrong, same with pylos)
>bag work but only with strikes you'd actually do. Speed bag is a meme for the cameras.
>shadow boxing (drilling head movement)
>BASIC calisthenics since the goal isn't to add big, slow muscles. Don't waste time with the tricks, though muscle ups would be a good sign of proper level of fitness. Tabata squats for legs.
>all sorts of sprinting drills like sprints and shit
And anything your instructor will be having you do. He should be figuring out your training program honestly, that's what you pay him for. This is just stuff that fits the aura of boxing.
>>
>>74612724
Thanks will check these out. Got a link to these Russian drills?
>>
I started boxing ~7 months ago and so far I'm enjoying it and taking it fairly serious. Jumping rope (3-4, 3 min rounds) is a good start and is a fairly common warm-up. The first couple of weeks will be shitty but if you commit and train regularly (at least 3-4 days of training), your cardio will improve, assuming you have a decent coach because boxing is intense.

Do some combination of running, core work, and strength training

To get in sparring shape (which is even more intensive), Roadwork is a must. (regular sprints or hill sprints + longer distance jogging)

I know amateurs running 3-5 miles a day because you want to build up your endurance/gas tank. Both aerobic and anaerobic fitness are important for boxing. Start with running 1-1.5 miles a day.

My weekly running routine is roughly like this:
>5 days of roadwork
>3 days of longer distance jogging (4-6 miles)
>2 days of sprints (800 meter dashes or sets of 100 meters sprints)
>>
>>74612462
Just show up. You'll know what you're lacking in and what to do.
>>
Try yoga. Downward dog will prepare you for what's coming.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.