[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Are flax seeds safe to consume? They have trace amounts of cyanide and they're the highest source of phytoestrogens of any food, but they're the only way to get enough omega 3 without buying extremely expensive fish oil supplements
>>
now that I have a xenoestrogen-free diet there is nothing I regret removing. when your hormonal profile is right the nutrients you need to be in shape change dramatically, and you really just need to focus on macros. so I would say skip the flax seeds. if you eat 1 fish a week you will have more than enough omega 3 without supplementation.
>>
>>74613689
You need epa/dha omega 3. Flax is mostly ala. better than nothing tho.
>>
>>74613750

i eat 7 tablespoons of olive oil a day though. i need to offset all the 6 in that somehow
>>
>>74613689
You can easily meet your DHA requirements eating 2 foods and another one is a good source.

>>74613793
>epa
Only DHA is "essetial".
>>
>>74613822
deenz in water
yes it's literally that simple
>>
>>74613689
Fish oil and even fish is not that expensive.
>>
>>74614255
>>74614263

fish massively spikes TMAO and has tons of mercury. you should have have about 400g of seafood per week. sardines also massively spike uric acid which can lead to gout...

you don't think i would've thought of "just eat more fish derp"?

cheap fish oils aren't filtered for heavy metals/have no quality control, and the good quality fish oils like nordic naturals are EXPENSIVE. that's my whole predicament.

should've known better than to ask you roided meat heads for advice. you take every supplement under the sun and stuff your body full of crap without second thought
>>
>>74613689
>They have trace amounts of cyanide
>highest source of phytoestrogen
doesnt really mater. its nothing. they have fuckton of pufa for fucks sake! deadly poison.
>omega 3
toxic snake oil. eat low fat low sugar diet. simple as.
>>
>>74614380
I get intelligent labs fish oil it's pretty good. Anyways minmaxxing this shit is kind of a waste of time. Mercury is not a concern except in tuna/other apex predator fish.
>>
>>74614380
just get algae oil then. can't be more expensive than premium fish oils and you don't have to worry about pollutants.
>>
just eat sardine lol
>>
If I don't eat nasty ass fish and I don't eat flax seed am I fucked/cucked?
>>
>>74614821
blessed you are. neither greasy nor stinky
>>
>>74613689
No seed is safe to consume. If you chew the plant's seeds, they get destroyed in the digestive process and don't work to grow a new plant when you shit them out. So the plant poisons you if you break their seed. They also poison you if you eat their stalks and leaves, as that doesn't benefit them either. Only fruits and roots have negligible toxins. Obviously some stalks and leaves are safe to eat, yes only some because how many plants can you go outside and eat the leaves off of? Exactly, you'd get sick if you just started eating random plants because they are full of low level toxins to poison any animal that attacks them. Every form of life is incredibly complex and seemingly consciously designed.

As for you retarded OP, if money is a concern just eat some fish and don't bother with meme supplements that are probably full of Chinese gutter oil anyway. You'll be getting your protein and omega 3s and a satiating meal all at once.
>>
>>74613689
>the only way to get enough omega 3 without buying extremely expensive fish oil supplements

Smoked mackerel fillets?
>>
File: 1580745085322.png (884 KB, 1052x795)
884 KB
884 KB PNG
>>74614380
>tons of mercury
You neither know how much you're consuming nor, how much is bad for you
>>
>>74613822
What a waste of calories and opportunity for actual nutrition
>>
>>74614380
>spikes
>tons
>massively
You can always tell bad reasoning by the extreme terms
>>
>>74613689
wait i occasionally munch on these (not grounded), like half a teaspoon. if you munch on them long enough the oily taste comes through. i like it
is that really that bad when i do it 2-3 times a day? prob not even 10 grams total

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.