[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: self-improvement.jpg (120 KB, 685x912)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
I have 5 weeks vacation. I've been unsure about what to do with my training and diet. But after some consideration I think I will not be very serious about these things during my vacation and then get back to business after the vacation. Hopefully I won't lose too much strength and muscle mass. I think I might skip counting calories, but try not to eat below maintenance anyway, even though I have some gut after the bulk I did for some months before the vacation, but it's not very much so whatever, and I might go to the gym, maybe 3 times/week as before, maybe less, but might deload.

How much strength and muscle mass can you lose in 5 weeks?
>>
There's also a risk I extend this lifestyle after my vacation until the summer is over, sometime in October or whatever. Not sure what will happen. I don't want to go back to square one. I don't want to even be set back too much. Was initially hoping to just go on but I've kind of given up on that so whatever.
>>
>>74614519
>How much strength and muscle mass can you lose in 5 weeks?
Probably not that much but more than if you can continue to do at least some training.

I read a paper a while back where they got a bunch of guys to lift for 4 months then either stop lifting or massively reduce their training for 8 months. The group that stopped training lost a bunch of strength and size (obviously) but the group that kept training at just 1/9th of their previous volume was able to maintain almost all their strength (after a relatively small drop in strength over the first couple of weeks).
It takes a hell of a lot less effort to maintain your gains than it does to build them up in the first place.
>>
>>74614519
Look up gyms where you're going and see if they do single days, or you could just buy a whole month.
>>
>>74615597
No, I'm staying in my hometown.
>>
File: wtf are you on about.gif (748 KB, 220x274)
748 KB
748 KB GIF
>>74614519
>I have 5 weeks vacation
...you fucking what?
>>
File: qBXWxTB.jpg (124 KB, 969x789)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>74616961
Amerimutt cannot comprehend the idea of a holiday
>>
>>
gay thread
>>
File: buff pepe.jpg (191 KB, 1024x1024)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>74617669
This is true, girls approach me all the time

t. 6'4 and muscular with a good jawline and hair

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.