[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3923.jpg (84 KB, 1200x628)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
If you don’t take an icy cold shower at least once a day I can never consider you as fit and I can’t respect you as a man at all.
>>
>>74614949
I wet my legs first, then my arms, then body.
>>
I just cool my balls every day in the shower. Helps after exercise.
>>
>>74614949
Cold showers are a meme. Body responds in a traumatic way to cold. You're only harming your nervous system you IMPROOVEMENT retard suubhuman.
>>
I get in a hot show and just turn the temp down over 30 or seconds.
Jumping straight in can fuck you if you've already got tight muscles somewhere.
>>
>>74614967
>doesn't know it reduces inflammation and makes you live longer while reducing stress.
>>
>>74614972
>it reduces inflammation
It only makes it worse, since you just put your body in "possible death situation" mode.
>makes you live longer while reducing stress.
How does stressing your body and nervous system reduces stress?

You got jewed. Deal with it. If you believe all of the internet guru crap, then buying a rope might be solution for you.
>>
>>74614983
I've done my research. I don't care to spoon feed.
>>
>>74614990
>I've done my research
Clearly not. Don't care either way.
>>
>>74614993
Clearly you haven't since you think there's only one kind of stress.
Physical stress is necessary to be healthy.
>>
>>74614983
>When you put your body through cold stress, norepinephrine increases. One of its purposes is in reducing inflammation by inhibiting the pathway for TNF-alpha.
>Excess TNF-alpha is associated with almost every human disease, ranging from type-2 diabetes to inflammatory bowel disease and cancer. Norepinephrine reduces TNF-alpha, but it also decreases levels of other chemicals like MIP-1α, which is produced by immune cells and potentially plays a role in rheumatoid arthritis.
https://www.chillnout.com/press/2016/12/21/cold-exposure-inflammation-and-immune-function
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-08-inflammation-telomere-length-healthy-longevity.html

You're a giga faggot for making me look this up, you tremendous retard
>>
>>74615062
I would rather have aids than take a cold shower every day.
>>
>>74615062
Okay Jew. Go swim in the Arctic.
>>
>>74614967
let's be honest:
the only reason people take cold showers is so they can talk about it and feel badass
>>
>>74614949
No one gives a fuck what you think, faggot. You're literally a nobody.
>>
you're unironically completely retarded if you do ice showers and you're trying to build muscle. it's over for you
>>
>>74614949
cool, i dont even know you
>>
>>74614949
What about cold plunge?
>>
>>74614983
>How does stressing your body and nervous system reduces stress?
How do you think lifting works
>>
File: 1712947983711094.png (107 KB, 410x407)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
>>74614949
>>
A little too hot for you, baby boy?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.