[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1554107516456.gif (452 KB, 235x235)
452 KB
452 KB GIF
How do you manage stress and consequent panic attacks? I'm in an "uncomfortable" situation given that I soon have exams at university and at the same time I'm starting to work, any advice?
>>
>>74616050
A photorealistic laughing skeleton wearing a striped suit and a brown fedora.
>>
>>74616050
cut your foot off, now you have to deal with that pain and forgotten all about whatever the fuck you were worrying about before.
>>
>>74616050
>any advice?

Grow some fucking balls. "Wahh I'm scared of eveything". You're pathetic. Be a man.
>>
>>74616050
I dunno if I had a panic attack or what it was recently. I was camping a few weeks back (which I normally do, love camping) and the first night going to sleep it felt like the air was getting thin and it was hard to breathe and I started feeling warm. I had to get out of the tent and walk around the woods at like 2am until I felt better.
>>
>>74616050
Do something which puts you at risk but not really. Bungee jumping or an open mic at a comedy club. MUH ANXIETY MUH STRESS is a result of never having had to face a legitimate challenge in which you'll get fucked of it goes wrong. As a result, your fight/flight is fucked and responds to inappropriate stimulus
>>
>>74616097
>MUH ANXIETY MUH STRESS is a result of never having had to face a legitimate challenge in which you'll get fucked of it goes wrong. As a result, your fight/flight is fucked and responds to inappropriate stimulus

How can I cope or deal with it seriously?
>>
File: 1681214185040238.jpg (692 KB, 1080x1800)
692 KB
692 KB JPG
>>74616050
>How do you manage stress and consequent panic attacks?
the strategy is simple to say but hard to implement: if you're feeling anxious or you feel a panic attack coming on, do NOT try to fight it off. instead, recognize the way your mind and body are feeling, and allow those feelings to wash over you while you wait for them to pass on their (because they will). it seems counterintuitive but trying to actively stop panic and anxiety in the moment does not work; it will only intensify panic and anxiety. i've dealt with generalized anxiety disorder for years so i'm telling you this from my lived experience. i still have anxiety symptoms, but i don't suffer as much emotional anguish from it these days, and i haven't had actual panic attacks in years. look up cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) and more specifically, look up acceptance commitment therapy (ACT).

>>74616074
if you suddenly felt warm, felt your heart racing and maybe tingling sensations in your extremities, it was almost certainly a panic attack. panic attacks can sometimes cause sharp chest pain, which is why a lot of men will mistake a panic attack for a heart attack.

don't listen to children like >>74616067 who clearly have never suffered real problems in their lives.
>>
>>74616470
Ty anon, have a nice day
>>
>>74616050
i just live with the pain
>>
>>74616059
best meme in a while and honestly that's sad
>>
>>74616050
wow are you death rattling?
>>
>>74616097
wrong. anxiety and stress are normal and healthy human responses to external threats, regardless of the level of danger. you can't reduce anxiety about taking exam by bungie jumping the day before. anxiety is something you manage internally so that you body can naturally modulate a proportional stress response when external threats present themselves, since you can't choose when or what those threats will be.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.