[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Bar and Row Attachment.jpg (258 KB, 1542x2048)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
This Ohio Bar is already a bit fucked up, and I don't care about the knurling towards the ends, but, let's say I buy a much nicer bar, would I ever need to worry about the bar getting scratched if it's chromium? What should I place at the meeting pint between the row attachment and bar? Would electrical tape work? Is there a far superior option?

Also, how would I improve the knurling on this old row attachment? I would actually like to go all out and remove the rust, but the local machine shop quoted me $50 just to get everything started before the work would begin.
>>
>>74616339
The image shows part of a barbell, likely used for weightlifting or strength training, alongside a piece of hardware that appears to be a hinge, possibly from a door or furniture. The background consists of a carpeted floor and a dark, flat surface, possibly a mat. The barbell features knurled grips and metal construction, while the hinge appears worn and metallic.
>>
>>74616343
Nice troll post. You're looking at an Ohio Bar, a piece of 10mm EVA foam, a "V-bar" row attachment, a 3/4" horse stall mat on top of a 3/4" sheet of plywood, and some carpet around it.
>>
>>74616339
Just buy a row attachment that goes on the sleeve. They cost like $40
>>
>>74616428
I haven't seen any photos of any decent ones. Who makes the best ones? I still plan on de-rusting the one I currently have and making it all pretty.
>>
>>74616339
Just a put a peace of cloth between
>>
>>74616706
Wonderful idea, but I want to be a bit more sophisticated and make everything look pretty and be more permanent.
>>
>>74616715
Can't help ya darling
>>
>>74616339
You need j-hooks that have replaceable HDPE pads. I would just use the row handle as is or buy a new one. The knurling is cut on a lathe before they weld it up.
>>
>>74616764
The knurling on the row attachment is also really shitty. Still. I love DIY projects, and I'd love to make this shit look really nice. I get I could make it better just by removing the rust. I hope there are some other things I could do to improve the knurling, like deepen the grooves.
>>
>>74616339
Look up hand knurling tools.
>>
>>74617027
The only problem is the handle has a zinc or chrome layer that you'd be removing if you went after it with a file. I've never used a hand knurling tool like the other anon said but if it doesn't scratch the coating that might be the best bet.
>>
>>74617156
It has plenty of rust on it, so it's most likely just a cheap row attachment. I don't know how to test what kind of metal it is, but I think I'd just remove the rust and leave it at that.
>>
>>74616339
Take a short length of rubber hose and cut it lengthwise, then fit it over the bar. Remove when done.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.