[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: RDL.jpg (36 KB, 740x460)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
I've heard that deadlifts are prone to causing injuries. Do RDLs have similar risks, or are they generally safer?
>>
>>74616876
all excercises with "dead" in the name are done exclusively by DYELS
>deadlifts
>deadhangs
>deadsquats
>deadcurls
>deadjumps
>dead extensions
just do normal person excercises
>>
>>74616886
I noticed that RDLs hit every weak spot I had. Sure I'm a DYEL but I'm trying to build strength.
>>
>>74616876
One day I was doing RDLs or stiff legged, don't remember anymore, and I didn't exactly tweak anything, I just felt that the stretch in the hamstring all of a sudden wouldnt set in where expected anymore. Should have stopped one rep before that. Sure finishef the set and maybe few more. Intense back pain for months after that. Really bad. Now there's a weird click left when doing certain movements. Also a weird 'painfull' sensation at the limit of back extension. No idea what else is fucked.
Wouldn't recommend.
>>
>>74616876
rdl is a high rep (8+) exercise. deadlifts typically are for fatties maxing out. yes, they are safer.
>>
>>74616912
>>74616876
If you deadlift even one time it stays in your spinal fluid and years later you can be stuck grunting. I knew a guy who deadlifted once in the 80s and he still thinks he's a glass of preworkout
>>
>>74616876
Higher reps, more sets, less weight. RDLs are vastly safer than conventional deads. That being said, form above all else, and if you do either exercise they should both be safe as long as your form is on point.
>>
>>74616876
It's pretty much impossible to injure yourself on a RDL unless you try doing your max deadlift on it, then it will simply drop on the floor and snap your shit.
It's the single best exercise ever invented and trains everything squats and deadlifts train but with 0% injury risk.
>>
File: 17012758466079.jpg (33 KB, 696x394)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Deadlift who?
>>
>deadlift variants aren't deadlifts
God I hate /fit/ sometimes. You guys are fucking brain dead.
>>
>>74616886
Deadhangs are actually amazing for helping shoulder impingement. I always do them at the end of my push days for preventative measure.
>>
File: 1699322392393910.jpg (40 KB, 700x505)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>74617182

Wouldn't call it the best ever (that would be the squat) but it's a great one with massive functional strength benefits.

An easy way to spot a dyel is they talk about deadlifting injuries. I don't know a single person that has ever been hurt by the deadlift. Nor have I read about a power lifting athlete who has. I've failed plenty of max outs. I once got a bloody nose just like the webm. Never once injured.

The real answer is deadlifts and squats are the most physically exhausting weight lifts. People have a psychological block because of how exerting they are. So they make a million excuses why you shouldn't do them.
>>
>>74617450
I don't have the equipment to do that.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.