[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1673218320904636.jpg (95 KB, 648x796)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>start lifting
>eating right
>mental health improves
>1 month later
>still eating right
>still lifting
>mental health is completely shit
I almost got into a fight with a stranger yesterday. What's wrong with me? I'm usually peaceful and mind my own business. It was when I was eating slop and drinking every day when my mental health was this bad and now that I've improved myself it seems my brain is back to its old ways. I don't have cravings for junk food or alcohol, and after a month I doubt it's withdrawal symptoms.
How do I fix myself?
>>
>>74618017
That's normal because most people act like fucking faggots nowadays with low test.
>>
>>74618027
So my testosterone dropped from lifting and eating right?
>>
>>74618017
Body dysmorphia
>>
>>74618035
The opposite. The society we live in is so fucked that any mentally sane person will go crazy. The reason most people don't go crazy is because they're literal cattle. If you continue this path at improving yourself you're going to start to resent people and the system we live in a lot more.
>>
>>74618017
If you want to improve mental health, I suggest you leave 4chan and don't come back.
>>
>>74618056
This
>>
>>74618067
Then why are you still here? Hypocrite.
>>
>>74618017
socializing is the other aspect you need. and not drinking buddies, because in the long run you will end up in a circle of flunkies as well as booze negatively impacting your mental health. join a rec league or a club that interests you.
>>
for me cardio is more effective for improving mood
>>
>>74618017
Lifting is one thing.

I recommend good sleep and spending some time in meditation sessions, 10-15 minutes each.
>>
Anon, gym and health aren't pancea for your mental health. It does impact it and help - say it increases the average mental level and emotional capacity you have in your day to day. That doesn't mean you're never going to have days where life just takes a shit on you or life gets in your head. You still need to focus on things to meet your basic human needs... socialization, sex and love, security and shelter, yadda yadda. Your average days are better and more manageable - now use that to focus on your needs as a person so that your future dips that WILL happen won't be as bad
>>
>>74618370
lmao
>>
>>74618017
I eat healthy and workout but walking 1-2hrs daily made the most impact on my mental health
>>
>>74618347
Yeah.
I recommend lifting if someone's mental state is disastrous and they need to get their shit together fast. But for general mood regulation you gotta run or something.
>>
File: 4-way-test.jpg (204 KB, 2000x2634)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>74618017
Anon, it may shock you, but normal people experience varying emotions over a long period of time. You literally won't be happy all the time. That's how happiness works.

My advice? If you're upset, take some time and just work out why are you upset. Are you dissatisfied with a choice you made? Frustrated by a lack of progress? Talk it out, write it down, do whatever. That helps you take action. Just chalking it up to apathy or "vague dissatisfaction" or something out of your control is just giving up. You define the reality of your own existence.
>>
lol this is tame for 4chan
>>
File: 1716870335794010.jpg (517 KB, 1024x995)
517 KB
517 KB JPG
PUT ME IN THE SCREENCAP
>>
>>74619689
I say this a lot on fit but
That is a weird pussy
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/adv/31541742

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.