[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1714431668952577.jpg (57 KB, 643x598)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
I have a weird diet question.

I've got a strange autoimmune problem doctors can't quite figure out, but the final consequence is that I'm quite limited in what I can eat. I'm back in the gym for the first time since before I found this out, and for some reason I keep gassing out and becoming actually sleepy mid-lifts. I realized that since I can't really eat grains anymore, I've gone very nearly keto and am starved of carbs. Today I risked an experiment where I ate a bowl of grits before going to the gym, and I had a night and day difference in my workout. I was breezing through exercises that normally would lay me out. The problem is, I'm now sick to my stomach, have horrible heartburn, and want to throw up pure acid. The symptoms will continue for several days.

So, my question is, what are some good high carb but low to no starch foods? I can't do grains (wheat/rice/oats/corn) or potatoes. Some quick googling says chickpeas and sweet potatoes might be an option, but I'd like /fit/'s input.
>>
>>74618675
Low fat or skim milk would be good. It's entirely sugar and fast absorbing with lots of micros and is one of the most hydrating liquids you can drink. The protein is a plus too. If that's too much, then a little honey or maple syrup mixed with water are also good options that I've used in the past

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.