[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1719873484158.jpg (39 KB, 402x604)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
I only do exercises I remember that day and don't have a program. If I had to do a program on my phone or write it down I'd be bored and not do it. I exercise every day with at least a few pull-ups. So you memorize them or just stick to ones you like?
>>
>>74618764
I stick with the exercises I like but I write down the sets, reps, and weight to make sure I'm progressing over time
>>
>>74618788
How do you cope with bad days or weeks? Will you make it volume gain instead of strength so you can still win if not on the weight? What are your exercises?
>>
>>74618839

Nta but if I feel like I'm having a shitty workout I just do my best. If I'm really dying like can't do 3 reps I'll switch to a lower weight and crank reps.

It actually happened to me last week on my pull day. I blame it on the heatwave and the shitty ac in the gym. Completely flat on barbell row. Like I couldn't do 3 reps at a weight I did 6 reps the week before. Just gutted it out and did what I could. Whole workout sucked, curls too. I actually switched it up and did 3 heavy weight sets each instead of 5 volume sets for.most exercises.
>>
The absolute state of /fit/
>>
>>74618764
Post body
>>
>>74618764
I just do whatever exercises I feel like that day, for however many reps I feel like, then change exercises when I get bored of the current one. Programs/routines are pretty much useless; the only reason people think they are actually important is because they've been brainwashed by "influencers" who want to sell their program.
>>
>>74618764
Program faggot. Have goals and achieve them.
>>
>>74619231
Post body
>>
>>74618764
I have a general outline but not an exact set/rep count. If you have a good sense of your body you can autoregulate this way and not need to follow a plan but it helps to have goals in mind at least so you have at least a little structure.
>>
>>74618839
I'll do a review of the total of my whole "routine" like an audit. Normally I'll find that when I stall I'll be doing too much volume or it'll have been a while since I mixed up the stimulus. I'll adjust my mindset and intentions and pick techniques that suit the new style I'll train in for a while. Bad workouts are whatever, they happen all the time when you're past the noob stage, but if it goes for a few weeks or even a month or two for some lifts I'll do the audit. I stick with variations of the basics and ignore all meme lifts. I do
>2-3 lifts for chest
>3-5 lifts for back (one row and one pullup required)
>4-6 lifts for shoulders (all heads)
>5-8 lifts for arms
>4-7 lifts for legs (one squat, one hip hinge, and one calf raise required)
In a given week. The split I'll naturally settle into can vary from Full Body every day to a bro split to a Torso/Limbs and beyond. What dictates where I settle is if I'm going for strength, volume, failure on all sets, maintenance, whatever else. I'm sure if I wrote it all down for someone it'd look like a program but I've found that the looser approach is working well for me and I keep making gains. I think it's due to all my years put into the gym already. If I tried that as a noob I know it would fail for sure
>>
>>74619231
Yeah idk why I need to do some of them, a lot of them seem like memes
>>74619506
Nice, good mix there. I try to think of systems like posterior chain. I will try to do what you do too.
>>
Bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.