[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: flax.jpg (97 KB, 960x960)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
It seems like a really low cal source of healthy fat, but holy shit- I just can't stop farting.
>>
>>74619290
>of healthy fat
PUFAs should be restricted and DHA and AA are the only fatty acids we need. Flaxseeds shouldn't be eaten because of the fat.
>>
Flaxseed spikes your cortisol, cortisol suppresses testosterone.
>>
File: flax.png (1.39 MB, 1440x651)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
>>74619725
>Flaxseed spikes your cortisol, cortisol suppresses testosterone.
Literally the opposite of what they do. And I quote,
>How flaxseed reduces cortisol (and other health risks)

>Flaxseed has been called nature’s perfect food, because it contains soluble fiber, omega-3 essential fatty acids, and lignans, a potent phytohormone. The omega-3 essential fatty acid is anti-inflammatory, decreasing the need for cortisol and reducing the risk for heart disease and diabetes.

https://mosscenterforintegrativemedicine.com/blog/2018/12/1/flaxseed-powder-a-powerful-regulator-of-cortisol
>>
>>74619765
I remembered wrong, I was thinking of some other food. But it does contain lignans which bind to test and cause it to be flushed from your body.
>>
>>74619805
>But it does contain lignans which bind to test and cause it to be flushed from your body.
Negative. There is no conclusive evidence that eating flaxseed reduces testosterone. There have been studies done on tiny populations- notably on cancer patients that haven’t been repeatable that are the sources of these claims though

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10623424/
>>
>>74619290
All seeds are highly estrogenic, especially flax and sesame. They're the highest sources of phytoestrogen, way worse than soi. You're basically feminizing yourself. I'm pretty sure this shit is what turned my dad gay (don't fucking make fun of me for this shit, it's ruined the family). He got into bullshit fake health food and ended up taking tons of flax for the "benefits" and now he's come out as gay in his 50s and became a liberal as well, big surprise.

It's what prompted me to avoid veganshit type diets altogether. Also avoid nuts and anything with lavender or tea tree oil. Yes all nuts are estrogen bombs too.
>>
>>74620065
>You're basically feminizing yourself.
is there actual data on this because it would explain a lot for me.
>>
>>74620074
Research it, all the research I've done has come to that conclusion. The only things I have personal anecdotal experience with is using saw palmetto, tea tree soap, and Costco vitamin D killed my boners. Those are the only 3 times in my life where I couldn't get or keep my dick hard which is not normal for me at all, I normally get bones like 6x a day. I isolated it down to these things because it occurred right when I began using them, continued throughout the duration of use, and stopped the day I stopped using them. I think the Costco vitamins were just poisoned or had counterfeit ingredients, I did some research and their shit comes from China.
>>
>>74620092
Okay, so you don’t actually have any data on it, but the other guy has data that says your anecdotes are worthless. Got it.
>>
i really really reallllly want to take flax because of the really high potassium, one of the best if only high sources of dietary b1, and has a crap ton of ALA omega 3's...

but its like a joke from mother nature almost that it comes loaded with phytoestrogens...800 times more than any other foods. it exceeds onions by TONS

the only way to get omega 3's is basically though fish, chia and flax. chia has tons of oxalate, flax turns you into a pussy and fish has mercury

damn it man
>>
>>74620404
>and has a crap ton of ALA omega 3's...
>he only way to get omega 3's is basically though fish, chia and flax.
>chia has tons of oxalate
>flax turns you into a pussy
>fish has mercury
Brainlet.
>>
>>74620404

to boot ive scoured the archives of /fit/ to get info about flax seed. looked all over reddit. asked a.i. watched a bunch of videos and its all mixed results

flax has:

- cyanide (potentially over 1 tablespoon of high cyanide flax in a worse case scenario could kill you
- lots of cadmium
- highest phytoestrogen
- is goitrogenic

most of the channels i like which are keto all say it tanks testosterone, and the only channels and people shilling it are indians on gotquestions who have no clue what they're talking about, nutritionfacts which has a vegan bias, other vegan channels also shill flax because theyve got no other way to get omega 3

everything is screaming to stay away from flax. its the pillar of the vegan diet almost, along with onions
>>
File: IMG_1573.jpg (307 KB, 1179x1483)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
>>74620404
Yeah, it doesn’t actually increase estrogen production or decrease testosterone production, and there’s data to back it up
>Although phytoestrogens — such as lignans — are structurally similar to the estrogen made by the body, eating more flax does not appear to increase blood levels of this hormone.
>In fact, a review of available human research, published in the May 2014 issue of "Integrative Cancer Therapies," concluded flaxseed consumption either had no impact, or caused a decrease in blood levels of estrogen.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/532654-can-flaxseed-increase-estrogen-levels/
>>
>>74620446

:O

tank u anon-kun. i will now take flaxie seeds :3
>>
>>74620168
Anon we are in the information age and you clearly have access to the internet. Learn to research and form your own conclusions.
>>
File: (You).jpg (33 KB, 657x539)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>74620581
>Learn to research and form your own conclusions.
When people who aren't equipped to do that do it, they end up having opinions similar to yours.
>>
>>74620593
This has to be the lowest IQ board on this site. I will give no further advice.
>>
>>74620593
Ironically you're the only one who refuses to do the research you bitch about not receiving as if you're entitled to other people's time. Helpless mongrelized dog
>>
>>74621015
>you're the only one who refuses to do the research you bitch about not receiving as if you're entitled to other people's time.
What research? The only studies that have actually been linked to ITT have been in support of the idea that it doesn’t increase estrogen or decrease testosterone. What are you talking about?
>>
File: file.png (912 KB, 875x640)
912 KB
912 KB PNG
>>74621047
>>
File: 1719717743192v.gif (1.99 MB, 654x368)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
>>74621056
come here you little-
>>
>>74621015
I'm not the guy he originally replied to and I'm glad I didn't type "not that anon" because your post was funny.

>>74621047
>What research?
>What are you talking about?
Are you retarded, illiterate or is English not your mother tongue?
>>
>>74620446
Have you looked at the study you mentioned? They looked at menopausal women's estrogen levels. Doesn't mention anything about men's testosterone levels.
>>
>>74620404
bro, just eat eggs, they have Omega-3's
>>
>>74619290
Stop making flax threads
>>
>>74620435
>most of the channels i like which are keto all say
>the archives of /fit/ to get info
Hmmm
>>
>>74620065
your dad was already gay, dumbass.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.