[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: haiiiii xD.jpg (104 KB, 736x981)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
thinking about getting either the garmin forerunner 165 or 265... currently have the apple watch but not satisfied with the tracking. any thoughts?
>>
>>74619458
They are a waste of time and money. Only exception are rooner bros tracking their runs.
>>
>>74619503
fpbp
fitness watches are gay. the only people I see wearing one are fatties.
>>
>>74619503
didn’t think it had to be specified i am a rooner bro….
>>
bump :/
>>
>>74619603
Just download strava
You need to know how many steps you took on your run?
If you want to track calories burned, they aren't very accurate so you might as well use the rule of thumb of 600Cal/hr.
If you want to track heart rate, they suck at that too and you should get a chest strap.
>>
>>74619458
personally I have had the following experience with devices I use for fitness:

>Phone
Not strava, I wasnt aware that could track your pace, distance etc. I just used the stopwatch to time my runs

>Amazfit gts 4 mini
Only like 80 bucks, mediocre GPS and HR tracking. Stress, sleep training load etc. is all a giant meme dont even bother caring about that.
>inb4 why?
Innacurate + Youre not gonna do anything witht that information

Coros pace 2
200 bucks, GPS is good but I felt that HR was sometimes a bit off for me. Thats just personal though others report excellent accuracy. I only used it twice before returning it. Didnt feel like it was worth 200 dollars for basically the same watch as the amazfit.
It did however have breadcrumb navigation and ngl it was really sick being able to upload a route to the watch and having it give you the turn by turn route. Was really neat.

Garmin forerunner 955
450 bucks, ik youre wondering why I bought this one if I returned the coros pace 2. Well, I bought it for the full blown mapping and navigation features. But shortly after experienced buyers regret and kind of realized that your phone + a 7 dollar powerbank is a much better and cheaper alternative.

>Generic casio watch
Its the one im using now, a family member once gifted it to me. I kind of came full circle with my wearables considering I just use the stopwatch feature on it to time all my runs, intervals and even my HR (fingers at neck for 6 seconds, count how many times you felt a pulse, multiply by 10 = HR, not fucking rocket science)

>Strava
Just downloaded it after learning that you can use it for distance, pace etc etc. Will probably eliminate the need for a watch but Im obviously not gonna sell the casio I got as a gift. Besides, its only like 30g on my wrist. It is however gonna be really annoying having to hold my phone in my hand...
>>
I use it for cycling but have found Garmin to be the best after trying a couple of cheaper brands
>>
File: 1699161412071536.jpg (105 KB, 860x430)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>74619458
>>74619503
>>74619512
why do i have to post this every time for you retards
get AmazFit Neo, its a 25-30$ smartwatch with retro look, workout tracking, sleep tracking, heart rate, pedometer and almost 30 day battery life
>>
>>74620875
Thanks! Stress/sleep/training blah blah is all just marketing junk. I just moreso like the different metrics of tracking my runs-- and I have a condition where I pass out due to my HR accelerating rapidly, so I'd prefer to have an easy screen to look at rather than trying to feel it myself & do math when I feel something coming. I've been in the ER more than once and my apple watch HR monitor lined up pretty much perfectly with the EKG, with some delays of course.

>>74620880
Have you tried the apple watch as well? IDK what kind of stats they have for cycling... I just like more in depth trackers.

I will eventually get a HR strap when I'm back to my 20K run shape, but for now, bleh. Hearing mixed advice on the accuracy of Apple Watch run stats.

Finally, Strava is best used with a tracking device. If you think the watches are super inaccurate, your phone is even worse at over/underestimating mileage. Also, to get a better guess of cals burned through watches, set your BW as about 20 pounds less than what you actually weigh, since they tend to overestimate by a fuckton.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.