[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: aeb.jpg (7 KB, 250x210)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Whats the best way to start exercising for weight loss without dying? I'm 181cm and and about 85kg. Last time I did workout I started vomiting followed by extreme nausea. Genuinely one of the worst feelings I've ever had. Made me want to never workout again.
Im thinking about by eating clean for atleast a week and quiting smoking. How should my first workout look like?
>>
File: 1000022525.jpg (54 KB, 500x580)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>74619777
Your first workouts should be like a 4/10 for intensity. You barely need any work to start making progress as a beginner. Some basic lifts like bench press, squats, rows, curls, and rope pushdowns will be enough. You went way, way too hard the first time. For weight loss, diet matters way more than exercise. Your total calories for the week determine if your weight increases, decreases, or stays the same. Half a kilo of fat is roughly 3500kcal, so eating 500kcal less than it takes to maintain your weight each day will mean you lose around 0.5kg per week. You can make calorie restriction easier with a high protein diet, increasing vegetable and fruit intake, eating fewer meals a day, not eating snacks, not drinking things with calories in them, and more.
>>
>>74619901
fpbp
/thread
>>
>>74619901
>not drinking things with calories in them, and more
Oof, I drink at least 1 medium sized redbull a day. Technically, it wasn't my first workout and I've been in shape previously but I haven't exercised in about 3 years.
>>
>>74619901
thanks for the advice, but shouldn't I prioritize treadmill over weights if I want to loose weight?
>>
>>74620025
Cardio is a good way to increase the amount of calories you burned in a day so you can eat more food for the same weight loss, but if you don't do some kind of resistance training while losing weight, you'll lose a lot of physical strength and you won't look as good as you'd ideally want to. If the gym itself is even too much then pullups and dips at the local park twice a week would be plenty
>>
>>74619777
Fork putdowns and a brisk walk every day
>>
>>74619901
Bad advice. Hard training and always aiming to failure lead you of what are you capable. Don’t follow the meme of going safe. All science fags are being debunked
>inb4 muh joints muh snap city
Going to failure is not going retard mode.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.