[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

In the evenings I feel my entire body tighten up and have this unexplainable anxiety dominate my entire body. Increased heart rate, pupil dilation, tight chest etc. And it impacts my ability to sleep
Anyone else deal with this? How do I calm my body down. I have nothing in my life to be stressed about it's so weird.
>>
>>74624107
It happens when you have energy imbalance. At some point your glass became full. Your body doesn't know how to release the energy properly, so it tightens itself. Similar to how being depressed for a long time will force the body to wake up at 3 am and hysterically laugh. The body tries to reach balance, but it doesn't know how. You need to spend time isolated, away from people, and that includes social media. Limit interactions with anyone. Don't watch TV, don't play games. Don't do any activity except resting. Your body and mind need rest to properly deal with this issue. Understand that this is a wake up call from your body. Don't ignore it.
>>
i have this a lot, with all the related mental disorders and life issues, i haven't had a normal non-nocturnal sleep schedule for most of my life
people are going to suggest all the surface level sleep hygiene bullshit, but what helps specifically is zero caffeine, exercising by day instead of night, and taking a late night walk around 20-30minutes before bed, explicitly tell your own mind you finished all tasks for the day
also strong chamomile tea can help, carnivore also, but ketosis can cause some sleep issues by itself.
>>
>>74624247
OP here
I've tried all sleep hygiene shit; like you said it seldom works.
I tried eliminating caffeine but ended up with awful withdrawal symptoms and waking up anxious in the middle of the night.
I exercise in the day (lifting and a run in the morning most days) but it doesn't help.
I'm at my wits end.
>>
>cardio during the day
>direct sunlight for 30 min before 8am
>no caffeine after 1pm
>no electronics an hour before bed
>>
>>74624263
if you really have no racing thoughts and anxieties about life than i don't really know, all i know is chamomile tea does make my body feel more relaxed physically, as in i'll stop fidgeting, pacing around the room etc. it sounds more like you're excited in some way, which i often feel after i come home from martial arts practice in the evening and can't sleep after that, like my body is still active and full of adrenaline. maybe seek a doctor if its really causing you insomnia with no cause.
>>
>>74624107
Severe CPTSD sufferer here. There is no "cure" that I've found but adverse effects are well mitigated with general exercise, especially hard cardio.
Additionally discipline with consistent meditation, and practicing good sleep hygiene (no screens in bedroom, no eating 2hrs+ before bed, read before sleeping). Minimize alcohol, THC, sugar. In general, take care of your body and mind, then it will take care of you, but it will never be perfect, and that's okay.
>>
>>74624287
forgot to mention late night walks also help my body calm down, not arousing in the way exercise is, its like your brain can tell you're walking back home to camp after a day of hunting deer or something
>>
Put your face in a bowl of cold water for 30-60 seconds. You can do it longer if you can tolerate it. It will shock you for a second, but it actually ends up calming your vagus nerve quite a bit.
>>
>>74624263
Sounds like you have the physical aspects covered...
Try meditation, give it an honest try. I hate that woo woo hippy bullshit but there are alternatives. For example the "10% happier app" is more science based, I've used it literally everyday for the past two years straight and it makes a huge difference, for me at least.
The body cannot survive without the mind.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.