[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

So, some retards like tate and MANY people on here truly believe in the men peak at 30-40 shit
Especially in whitepill threads
I’m a guy nearly 26 and I used to panic a lot, but was reassured a lot on here and even some older online friends that I have “plenty of time” because only women hit the wall
But recently, I’ve started to worry this is a bit of a cope, I’m already thinning, it’s easy af for me to get, I’m latino.. is it just better to worry about my peak now?
And, I know a lot of guys say “men peak at 30 bro” but I rarely if ever see people walking around 30-40s looking like picrel or Chico or whatever
But every time I voice these concerns, people on here and /adv/ assure me that I haven’t bloomed yet
Is this just cope and fitness and health won’t save you from the perils of aging? I do not see a lot of Jared Leto d walking around bros
I feel I wasted 15-25 because I thought I would hit my prime after 35
>>
It's just a variation of the "30 is the new 20!" cope. They don't want to admit that they allowed their prime to pass them by and now they're just fucking old with nothing to show for it. Sad.
>>
The average age of all the Mr. Olympia winners as of 2021 is 32.6 years old, but the range of ages is relatively wide. (9) Arnold holds the distinction of being the youngest to ever win at just 23 years old in 1970, while Shawn Rhoden’s 2018 victory came when he was 43 years old, making him the oldest to hoist the Sandow.

Bodybuilders like Dickerson and Rhoden winning Olympias well into their 40s might not be an outlier for much longer. It turns out that the average age of Olympia winners from 2000-2021 is around 36 years old. And in 2022, Mamdouh “Big Ramy” Elssbiay looks to score his third Sandow at the age of 38, with many saying he’s never looked better.
>>
>>74667914
Yes it depends on who you are, what genes you have
Everyone knows the dude in your school who looked 32 at 18 and may have even been a good looking 32, but was still in his peak at 18 and declined sharply ever since.
My best friend literally peaked at 16 and went fully bald at 18 years old, maybe even sooner.
My other friend who looked 16 until his mid 20's has been getting more and more attractive each year, has no thinning and is losing baby fat on his face whilst building up his body.
It completely depends.
>>
>>74667985
Brutal for your first friend
Two years to experience a peak. The brightest candle burns twice as fast I guess
>>
>>74667914
Max strength is at the highest between 40 and 50. You get naturally stronger the older you get until you are a grandpa and get weaker again. Old man strength and all.
Otherwise, it's a cope.
>>
>>74667914
You better get used to coping, boy, because you ain't getting younger.
>>
>>74668001
Ye, strength is the last thing that goes. You get slower in running as you age, but your strength increases until you hit your mid 60s at the latest.
>>
>>74667914
George Clooney might be the only guy in existence who looked way better at 50 and 60 than he ever did in his 20s and 30s.
>>
>>74667914
It's easiest to build muscle during your teens and 20s
So yeah it's cope
>>
>>74668109
>during your teens
Yes, it's called puberty
>during your 20s
This is a debunked lie, the rate you built muscle is the exact same (as in 1:1 the very same) in your 20s as it is in your 30s, 40s and 50s due to metabolism not slowing down until your early 60s.
The only reason it "feels" harder is because you usally have a job and a family by your mid 30s statistically.
>>
>>74667914
What it really means is that attractive men can continue to be attractive, or even become more attractive, going into their 30s or 40s. If you're ugly in your 20s then you never had a chance to begin with.
>>
>>74667914
If you work hard all your life you'll probably peak somewhere between 30 and 40 in terms of strength and muscularity.
Before that point you lose muscle at about the same rate as you do in your teens and 20s, you just don't put it on as fast.

If you start later you can peak even later than that (although your peak will be much smaller than if you'd started earlier).

Regardless you'll never peak if you don't actually put consistent, hard work in for around a decade or more
>>
>>74668122
This is what it should have always meant
You don’t bloom into a Brad Pitt or Clooney etc. they were always attractive
>>
>>74667985
>My other friend who looked 16 until his mid 20's has been getting more and more attractive each year, has no thinning and is losing baby fat on his face whilst building up his body.
This is me. Feels good to have perfect skin at 30.
>>
I was attractive until 24
Like solid 7
I got rapid balding, got out on risperidone and grew gyno tits. Got so depressed I gained 35 lbs in two months. It’s insane the difference I get treated now
I’m trying to get back to my former self because being invisible is fuckinf hell. I’m a solid 3 now
I descended harder than anyone I know
>>
>>74667914
>Is men peaking later with fitness a myth
No. Building strength and muscle is a decade thing. People tend to get more buff and strong over time and peaking somewhere in their 30's and some times 40's.

>I’m a guy nearly 26 and I used to panic a lot, but was reassured a lot on here and even some older online friends that I have “plenty of time” because only women hit the wall
But recently, I’ve started to worry this is a bit of a cope, I’m already thinning, it’s easy af for me to get, I’m latino.. is it just better to worry about my peak now?
You are talking about a different peak now. You are mixing fitness and general beauty/youth. Yeah your physical beauty is peaking now most likely. Your face will never be as pretty as it is now when its youthful while grown up. The wrinkles and receding is negative. Correct. This is not fitness peak, you will still get stronger and bigger but your facial aesthetics have peaked.

You won't be saved from the perils of aging. You will get laid more when you get fitter and older, but you won't you be fucking 10/10's and you will be fucking bitches in your age range.
>>
>>74668120
>This is a debunked lie, the rate you built muscle is the exact same (as in 1:1 the very same) in your 20s as it is in your 30s, 40s and 50s
It's ovah
>>
>>74668270
OP most likely wanted to make a thread strictly about Is men peaking in life a cope but threw the fitness shit in there just to avoid off topic deletion
Just a guess in why it seems scattered
>>
File: 20240629_224726.jpg (210 KB, 3000x1680)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
Old man here. Yr masculine peak is early/mid 30s. Yr body is still young and able to handle stress and heal easily. Yr brain is well developed and yr more patient and calculating than yr 20s. You dont look old but no one can call you a kid or even young man. You have some money in yr pocket. You can adapt to new routines like weightlifting well. Yr early 40s is when yr body starts to really show its limitations.

Cheers
>>
>>74667914
No, it's not a myth.
All objective measurements for natty lifters show men being their strongest in their mid to late thirties.
Because muscle mass is accumulative.
The longer you have been lifting, the stronger you will be.
The only factor that might be different is cardiovascular strength, since there is no benefit to the cardiovascular system with age.
>>
It's my 29th birthday today and I brutally mog my ~20 year old self. The only thing that's worse is my hairline, aside from that I'm much stronger, fitter and facially look a lot better.
>>
>>74668398
>there is no benefit to the cardiovascular system with age.
It takes like a decade to reach peak endurance athleticism. Vascularization and shit like that.
>>
Bunpo
>>
>>74667914
Male peak isn’t about your age, it’s about when it all comes together. Career, social skills, physique (which is huge.), etc. if you’re not building yourself into something, you’re just getting older and uglier.
>>
>>74667914
>is it just better to worry about my peak now?
Yes. While men can attracts women with qualities other than looks, the average guy isn't Leonardo di Caprio, who can date 20 year-olds until he croaks, or a gigachad who can effortlessly attract younger women.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.