[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cardio.jpg (34 KB, 640x480)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
I think cardio not killing gains is a big fucking psyop

>roider with a built physique
>just do cardio bro

HEY MAN, EXPLAIN TO ME HOW MY CNS IS SUPPOSED TO RECOVER WHEN IM DOING FUCKING CARDIO DAILY SHIT HEAD

>bro just do incline walking for an hour

YEAH IM SURE THAT WILL NOT IN ANY WAY IMPACT MY LEG DAY RECOVERY, AT ALL.
>>
If you're a roider you're already beyond advice.
>>
If your main goal is hypertrophy you should not divide your body's energy towards cardio also.
>>
File: D5kAbuPW4AA62Pz.jpg (29 KB, 480x360)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Just because you lost your fatceps doesn't mean that you're losing muscle mass.
>>
>>74756455
>Oh no! I walked too much today, all my gains are leaving me, NOOOO
Your CNS isn't that fragile, you glass-soul. For goodness' sake, anon. Your body is meant to be in constant motion, and not only do you go to the gym for a couple hours a week thinking that somehow makes you fit while otherwise being completely sedentary, you also sit there gnashing your teeth and biting your fingers about destroying your "recovery" because of moving too much. Holy shit, what a fag.
>>74756473
Absolutely wrong. Cardio leads to greater capilarization of the muscles, it literally infuses them with more blood. The cardiovascular system is precisely the thing that leads to recovery. It's what suplies your muscles with the nutrients and oxygen it needs. Even someone who ONLY cares about muscle to do exclusion of all else (which is a degenerate and vicious desire in any case) should still do some cardio because it plainly helps with muscle growth, both within a session and after it.
>>
>>74756520
Walking isnt considered cardio
>>
>>74756528
Correct, and OP fears even that. HIT is the worst thing that has ever happened to fitness.
>>
>>74756508
HOLY FUCKING BASED??? oh thank fuck im not losing my mind and at least one other person on this god-forsaken hellhole website knows about the muscle loss meme. love you bro no homo but we can touch peepee’s if you want
>>
>>74756520
Not true.
>>
>>74756455
>HEY MAN, EXPLAIN TO ME HOW MY CNS IS SUPPOSED TO RECOVER WHEN IM DOING FUCKING CARDIO DAILY SHIT HEAD
>YEAH IM SURE THAT WILL NOT IN ANY WAY IMPACT MY LEG DAY RECOVERY, AT ALL.

You might not want to believe it, but you are not training hard enough in ANY area to be worried that one is killing the gains of the other. Are you strength training for comps? If not, you don't have to worry about shit.
Just sleep enough and eat enough and you'll be able to recover just fine from both activities, sport.
>>
>>74756455
>I think cardio not killing gains is a big fucking psyop
So how do you explain athletes training 6 days a week plus strength and conditioning not losing gains? AthleteX isn't an athlete btw.
>>
Only way cardio kills gains would be if you do cardio before lifting, and do so much that you don't have enough energy left to lift enough. And if you do that, you're retarded and you deserve what you get.
>>
>>74756455
middle schoolers that play football and baseball and basketball are all out training you fag stop being so weak
>>
OP HERE- NOT TALKING ABOUT WALKING FOR 45 minutes

I MEAN ACTUAL CARDIO, HEAVY BAG FOR 45 MINUTES, CYCLING HIT, SPRINTS
>>
>>74756726
yeah it's obvious OP has never competed in sports in his life. probably some unathletic fat powershitter trying to lose weight.
>>
>>74756743
>BJJ
>SOCCER
>FOOTBALL
>BOXING SPARRING

YES I HAVE

>>74756726
THEYRE GOING THROUGH PUBERTY, THEY CAN DO ANYTHING AND GAIN MUSCLE
>>
>>74756693
I always put everything into lifting then jog till I’m exhausted. This has proven to be the absolute best method for not only improving cardio for lifting but accelerating recovery.
>>
>>74756747
No, you have not.
>>
>>74756747
so you think for some reason going through puberty makes your CNS stronger? Because that was your argument, not enough CNS recovery if you do cardio and weight lifting and every fucking person who actually trains knows you're being a baby. Do 45 minutes of steady state cardio in the morning first thing, a few hours later lift. Easy
>>
>>74756763
LISTEN, I DONT KNOW SCIENCE AND I DONT GIVE A FUCK

TOM PLATZ HIMSELF SAID QUITTING CARDIO HELPED HIS LEGS GROW

>NB4 UR NOT TOM PLATZ

CARDIO CAN KILL GAINS, I DONT NEED SCIENCE TO LET ME KNOW THAT IF I LIFTED LEGS YESTERDAY, I THEN USE THEM IN CARDIO THE NEXT DAY AND IM SWEATING / TIRED AND MY LEGS ARE SORE - THAT ITS NOT HELPING MY RECOVERY

SOME CARDIO IM SURE HELPS, A VERY TINY AMOUNT
>>
>>74756762
WHY DO EX ATHLETES ACT LIKE PLAYING SPORTS IS SO FUCKING HARD

YES I HAVE, WAS I GOOD, I WASNT HORRIBLE BUT I DIDNT GET FUCKING SCHOLARSHIPS
>>
>>74756781
ok bro calm yourself
>>
>>74756797
CANT, GOT SO MUCH FUCKING ENERGY FROM ACTUALLY RECOVER WHICH IS WHAT THEY FEAR

>>74756520
>WHICH IS DEGENERATE ANYWAYS
VARG IS DOWN THE HALL AND TO THE LEFT MAN
>>
File: n8gm0df2c4e21.jpg (41 KB, 375x375)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>74756508
Out of all the posters on /fit/ this faggot infuriates me the most with his smug smile and mid tier takes.
>>
>just lift and then do cardio bro
>just stay at the gym for 2 hours daily
>just keep fucking running so you don't have any energy to do anything afterwards
>just be tired all the time bro

IVE ASCENDED AND IM BRINGING YOU WITH ME. METNZER WAS FUCKING RIGHT AND ITS ABOUT TIME YOU DROPPED YOUR BULLSHIT MUAY THAI SUBSCRIPTIONS AND NOT IT THE FUCK OFF WITH THE HILL SPRINTS

REST BIG TO GET BIG - THEY FEAR THE VITALITY OF THE WELL RESTED BVLL

>>74756812
BASED
>>
>>74756455
You know what really kills gains? Getting winded after walking up a stair case because the only exercise you get is picking something up 3-5 times and putting it back down. Humans are meant to move, to run. Your body breaks down if it doesn't get used and running/jogging get the blood flowing to every muscle in the body and give your lungs a better workout than bench pressing.
>but I dont want to be healthy, I just want to look like im healthy
Well average /fit/ user, you're a dumb nigger.
>>
>>74756822
>but I dont want to be healthy, I just want to look like im healthy

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THIS FUCKING BOARD HOLY SHIT
>>
>>74756820
Genuinely such a cucked mindset. Literally since the very inception of the art of bodybuilding, practicioners would train constantly. Old time strongmen would often train multiple times a day, first for general strength and second practicing their routines. And many of them engaged in other, very taxing, sports. Hackenschmidt was a world champion wrestler, dude. All those Silver Era blokes doing full body three times a week were still out on muscle beech doing handstands and 1000 rep core sessions. Of course you get more the more you give it. The Arthur Jones and his bullshit gimmick came along. Mentzer simply hated lifting and recovery is a total meme. 99% of lifters aren't "overtraining", they're chronically undertraining. Your body is capable of way more than you think it is.
>>
>>74756864
WHAT DO MIKE ISRAETEAL'S NUTS TASTE LIKE GOOD SIR
>>
>>74756832
Thats literally all this board cares about dude. Its pathetic. Thats why half the people here are on roids. They dont care about their health or living to be 40. It's all about looking good for tiktok, actual health be damned.
>>
>>74756455
How much more progress do you imagine you would've made if you stopped worrying about minmaxing and just went to the gym and worked out for once?
>>
>>74756877
I hate excercise science. I am a magic-based lifter. Don't compare me with those people. I don't know why you're so insistant on this. I am telling you that you're more capable than you think. You should WANT this to be true. Check out Alec Blenis brother.
>>74756822
Based and inspired. True bodybuilding, as it was first conceived, is a regenerative art, that serves the holistic health of all your physical attributes.
>>
File: 1000127150.jpg (34 KB, 256x256)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>74756455
>do cardio
>cardio is activating AMPK pathway
>AMPK pathway is directly antagonistic to the mTORc1 pathway
>temporarily shuts it off while you're activating AMPK
not a problem if you do just a little bit, but if you're putting in hours a week, that's time spent that could be used building muscle instead. The difference in those few hours could be the difference between making some small amounts of progress and zero progress at all. If you're running a whole shitload, it will actively kill your gains and you'll become smaller and weaker as a result. It's literally as simple as that. It's also not needed at all, since lifting weights at max effort maximally stimulates your AMPK pathway and therefore grants you all of the generally transferable factors of "cardio" anyway. It's literally a complete waste of fucking time to get on a treadmill or go run on a track except for the sake of getting better at running on a treadmill or on a track. Thanks be to James Steele and God
https://youtu.be/fAU_sqHGiYw
>>
File: D5kAbuaPW4AA62PzH.jpg (42 KB, 480x360)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>74756812
All of my "takes" (take your streamer garbage language out of here) are pretty much common sense and facts.
If you're getting mad that only means I'm right.
>>
>>74757208
This cannot be real
>>
>>74756520
>Absolutely wrong. Cardio leads to greater capilarization of the muscles, it literally infuses them with more blood. The cardiovascular system is precisely the thing that leads to recovery. It's what suplies your muscles with the nutrients and oxygen it needs. Even someone who ONLY cares about muscle to do exclusion of all else (which is a degenerate and vicious desire in any case) should still do some cardio because it plainly helps with muscle growth, both within a session and after it.
This, anyone claiming something different is just a lazy faggot and looking for excuses to not do it.
>>
>>74757556
It's true man. I used to have a resting blood pressure of around 150/110 at a heart rate of 100-110. Have never done a single "cardio" sessionand also never will, just lifted weights. Resting blood pressure is now around 100/60 and a dead on heart rate of 73
>>
BD?
>>
>>74756455
>he thinks cardio interferes with the CNS
and this is why you're a DYEL turbo fatty bitch tits.
>>
File: 1000128544.jpg (216 KB, 504x1024)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>>74757572
>Absolutely wrong. Cardio leads to greater capilarization of the muscles
Activating the AMPK pathway and having high shearing stress on the vessels increases cappilerization. You get the same AMPK activation from lifting that you do from running as long as you go to failure. At the time that your anaerobic capacity is maxed out, your aerobic system is also being maxed out, rate limited only by the speed at which they can clear out metabolites. If you have metabolites stacked up and ready to process, which you will have once you hit muscle failure, then you are maxing out your aerobic system and it will adapt.

You also get a lot more shearing stress on the vessels due to venous return being much greater during lifting. Venous return is extremely minimal while running. Cappilerization is also a localized phenomenon in addition to a systemic one. Increasing the cappilaries in your legs from just running won't increase the cappilaries elsewhere, except for a small amount. Specific local changes are far greater. You don't get garden hoses in your forearms from running

Anyone that disagrees just doesn't want to lift (homos)
>>
>>74757656
And you would have reached that faster if you did HIIT on your off days.
>>74757208
Why should I believe a skinny dyel who dresses like he's out of a 90s infomercial?
And nobody asks you to do triathlon level training next to your lifting schedule.
>>
>>74757556
Most of what you've ever been told is a lie.
>>
>>74757706
I have no idea what your word salad is about, but I can recognize a schizo who dunning krugered himself into believing bullshit.
>>
>>74756455
>YEAH IM SURE THAT WILL NOT IN ANY WAY IMPACT MY LEG DAY RECOVERY, AT ALL.
It literally will but only if you don't build up cardio slowly. if you go all out every day suddenly then of course you're gonna get destroyed
>>
>>74756455
dude what are you even seething about. you know you can just test it out for a month and see what happens, right?

20-30 minutes of low intensity cardio a few times a week is enough if you want a healthy heart. it won't impact your lifting at all as long as you eat a little extra to make up for the calories burnt.

in my experience it actually noticeably improved my lifting. I recover quicker between sets and stuff like heavy high rep squats don't gas me out like they used to.
>>
>>74757722
>fitizen too stupid to learn anything of consequence
many such cases
>>
>>74757711
>And you would have reached that faster if you did HIIT on your off days.
>source: your ass
>Why should I believe a skinny dyel who dresses like he's out of a 90s infomercial?
Because he has dedicated his career to answering very specific questions about exercise, one of these being an example that he has found the answer to definitively. You're just a shitposter on a dolphin breeding forum
>>
>>74756455
>>74756528
>Walking isnt considered cardio
by whom? it is the perfect cardio, the best there is
how about 20 minutes of just walking, is it doable? is it healthy? is it good for you?

yes
yes
yes
>>
>>74758054
DYELs epistemologically cannot tell something actually true about training. Knowledge of training exists in a world outside of words, it is experiential, it must be lived through. Never, ever, listen to DYELs, especially not excercise scientists.
>>
>>74758054
>Because he has dedicated his career to answering very specific questions about exercise
That depends on if he's actually credible or a kook. There's lots of so called scientists that spew falsehoods for the sake of selling courses/books or get paid in other ways. That happens in all fields, however there's one pretty consistent trend here: Kooks often have degrees in different or remotely adjacent fields and make claims on a field they did not study.
And in the case of exercise science it's pretty easy to tell, because well if they're dyels they never remotely practiced what they preached and also schools and universities have exercise programs that are often mandatory. And for good reason as the lowest academic position is a grade school gym teacher, who have to have a base level of fitness to not ruin the kids bodes.
>>
>>74756742
You're not supposed to go hard you're just supposed to not sit on your ass. Maintain a heightened heart rate and work yer lungs. Buy a bike and sit on it while you watch tv for half an hour every few days lol
>>
>>74760672
it will be more better if u don't sit and u don't watch garbage while u cardio

save some money and walk outside in one direction for 15 minutes, then walk back

repeat the next day

>>74759555
>>
>>74756508
This is true
These fat fucks refuse to realize there's different forms of cardio that improve overall fitness and instead of admitting to being lazy fat fucks they will pretend all cardio is HR zone 3 or higher.
>>
>>74759555
>by whom? it is the perfect cardio, the best there is
Best in terms of anyone can do it? If so, yes. Otherwise you might as well tell everyone working a part time job for only 5 hours a week will be the best way to get full time pay per month
>>
>>74756455
>never do cardio, only gainz
>grow
>grow
>grow
>oh shit I need to run for 5 minutes or I'll miss my appointment
>get massive heart attack because your body thinks you still weight 59.9Kg instead of 110Kg.

Did I make it, /fit/?
>>
>>74761818
>Best in terms of anyone can do it?
not everyone can
>Otherwise you might as well tell everyone working a part time job for only 5 hours a week will be the best way to get full time pay per month
u want more cardio? walk more - i am advocating exactly what WHO says, half an hour a day every day

best form of cardio bot, that's why u scream and kick when i say it bot :D
>>
Max incline walking cardio for 30-60 minutes shouldn't be an issue if you're unable to find a good trail or if the weather is bad. Nobody will look at you strange in the gym either
>>
>>74762405
no bot, backpack will bend u in half because centre of gravity is shifted, walking incline will bend u in half even without backpack because u need to stay upright which means u're in constant hip hinge

but there's more - backpack will shorten pecs and further ruin ur posture
>>
>>74762405
> i didn't say anything about backpack
i know bot but u wanted to :D
>>
>>74759877
>>74760657
You can't judge the quality of information based on someone's physique alone. Genetics play a gigantic component in someone's ability to build muscle and everyone's view on what they think is possible for everyone is heavily skewed in the fitness space because they are constantly only looking at the people that have the best ability to build muscle. You're always seeing the top 1% of people on social media. People that aren't at that top 1% don't get any views at all. It's extremely clear that there is a huge variety in muscle building capability. Some poor bastards are so bad at building muscle that at the end of a study that has them training in exactly the same way that broscience would have them train, they would lose muscle by the end of the study. Most people get modest results of somewhere between 1%-3% growth per week while they're still beginners and intermediates. If you're small as a beginner and you're making 1% growth per week to start, and then it slowly tapers off as you become more advanced, you're just not going to be big. Their job isn't to be big. Their job is to do research. This is like saying you can't trust the weapons developed at Lockheed Martin because, "They're just fuckin' egghead's bro. What do they know about fighter jets? They're not even fighter pilots dude. What do they even know about weapons and war?" It's their job to know how to build the weapons, not to use them in combat. Saying you should ignore a scientists data because they're a dyel is beyond fucking retarded and I can't believe it's still such a common thing for fitizens to say. This board prides itself in being completely fucking retarded as much and as often as possible
>>
>>74756455
You're supposed to do your treadmill walk after leg day, and as your cool down. Burn off that lactic acid and you'll recover from the leggy day much faster.

T. My leg day recovery is like 1 day at most because of this
>>
>>74762559
I shall ignore your pessimist drivel about that ever-haunting spectre of "genetics", which is in any case unknowable until the impossible goal is reached of dedicating your entire life and all its years to doing everything possible to grow, since it does not address the crux of the issue at hand. Training is an artform, not a science. Hypetrophy is influenced by such a wide array of factors that it can simply never be reduced down to a repeatable scientific formula. It is inherently a personal journey of self-discovery. This is glossing over the glaring issue that excercise science is probably the least funded and least rigourous of all scientific disciplines and is plagued by horrendous issues with how their studies are conducted. Now, the aircraft engineer is engaging in a rather predictable system of aerodynamics aided by the use of computer calculations to produce a solid machine, incapable of biological adaptation. He is perfectly adept at what he does, which is produce schematics for welders and builders to follow. This is simply not comparable. I do not expect to learn how to paint great works, or play sublime music, by listening to a teacher who knows nothing of either discipline and merely regurgitates theory. There is no point is listening to an individual who either does not care, or does not have what it takes, to achieve at least a respectable physique, if he is to teach others how to do the same.
>>
>>74756455
just admit you arent willing to do whatever it takes, pussy

https://youtu.be/A2yD6Vid6O8?si=uhJ1nb4BzhVkhL8y
>>
>>74756455
zone 1 walking has been shown time and time again that it improves recovery
just because incline walking pushes you to zone 5 it means that you are fat as fuck, but not for the general population
the meme 10k steps per day burn around 300-500 cals and walking around the river for 30 mins is close to no exhaustation
>>
>>74762356
I can barely bump my heart rate over 90 when I'm fast walking, how am I supposed to train cardio if I can't reach 120?
>>
>>74767258
120 is not necessary, at all bot
>but zone, i need to zone out, or zone in idk
no u don't, u just gotta move for extended period of time (really 20-30 minutes is enough) every day - are u gonna argue with who?
>but i want my VOmax to grow grow grow, i want runners high every time i lift my finger to "workout"
stop being a junkie u imbecile, excessive cardio even in best of forms like walking is gonna fuck u up, it's gonna eat into your recovery and your work capacity in other areas of life

i did my bicep in the morning (all 3 heads) and calves and stretches and postural work - easy
in the evening i pushed mower for around 40 minutes, i stopped halway through because it was enough for today - i was very depleted by busy weekwork
>noo u need to roon, or at least walk up a mountain with backpack on top of what u've already done
fuck off bot
>>
>>74756520
>ONLY cares about muscle to do exclusion of all else (which is a degenerate and vicious desire in any case)
How convenient that your desires aren't "degenerate and vicious". I'd tell you to get off your high horse but you're probably too short to, faggot.
>>
>>74762356
>30 minutes of walking is good cardio
>15 minutes of jump roping is significantly better
You doing cardio like an old dumbass
>>
>>74762477
>>74762492
What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>74756508
It's a shame he never had any mass in the first place. He's just seeing it now.
>>
File: 1447732919732.gif (3.59 MB, 400x253)
3.59 MB
3.59 MB GIF
>>74768461
>mowing the lawn is a good workout
>>
>>74768494
No seriously what the fuck is that sperg talking about in
>>
>>74768461
>120 is not necessary, at all bot
It is, read Cardio COde by Kenneth Jay
>excessive cardio even in best of forms like walking is gonna fuck u up
just eat more
>>
>>74756520
what do you think of boxing/muai thai on a heavy bag as cardio, is that too intense(constant collision of shins and knuckles with bag) or is it good
>>
>>74757208
walking for 1-2 hours each day has improved my mood by alot compared to lifting
>>
File: file.png (553 KB, 700x377)
553 KB
553 KB PNG
>>74768502
> He doesn't know
>>
>>74756455
>CNS IS SUPPOSED TO RECOVER
Imagine believing this is a thing, lmao, fucking /fit/ is the most hilarious schizoid factory.
>>
>>74768491
cardio needs to be LONG first and foremost bot, jumprope is bad posture - i do not like bad posture promoting movements, otherwise it doesn't do anything but tires u out in joints and tendons because that is what u're doing - using mainly tendon elasticity in bad fucking postural alignment to do meme shit that's sold on yt by ***s in one aim - to fuck yer up
>>74768502
>>mowing the lawn is a good workout
tha best,, u're walking, pushing mower, pulling mower, walking backwards, turning, managing cable because it's electric, empty grass catching box - u never stop, and u're getting oggled with lust or envy
>>74769286
>read an book of some crook trying to invent sun to enrich himself is my bot "argument"
lol no bot :D fuck off and delete yourself
>excessive cardio even in best of forms like walking is gonna fuck u up
>just eat more
i can't that's one thing, and this:
>excessive cardio even in best of forms like walking is gonna fuck u up, it's gonna eat into your recovery and your work capacity in other areas of life
is the full sentence bot that u're trying to reply - no, moar food doesn't alleviate stress lol, it just makes u fat lol

>>74759555
>>74768461
>>
>>74771534
>>read an book of some crook
Kenneth Jay >>> piss > shit >>> you
>>
>>74756455
It depends on the amount and what cardio it is. If it's just an hour of LISS cardio it won't affect your recovery much.
>>
Oi cardio fags post body or fuck off. (((cardio))) kills your gains and is useless. The fuck am I gonna run for huh? I have a car. Being strong and looking good is all that matters

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.