[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: squat.png (220 KB, 1098x1799)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
most threads here are just bad. arguing and bickering with strangers who are just speaking out of their asses. "trust me bro" no i dont fucking trust you because in all likelihood you don't know shit and are just parroting what you've half-understood from a tiktok clip.

so instead of that let's have a thread where we compile a list of good sources to refer to when discussing fitness. please argue why you consider you source to be good.
it's fine if the source is not 100% scientific (fitness science is a meme anyway) so let's not make perfect the enem of good.

without further ado let's see what you've got.
>>
>>74760229
bodyrecomposition.com
Lyle McDonald's website. He's a nutcase but nearly everything I've been able to apply to my training and diet from him has made a difference.
t. natty
>>
>>74760229
>dont trust agendaless anons, trust random guys with a website who have to make money from it
>>
>>74760278
the point is that even if anon doesn't have an agenda in most cases he doesn't know how to argue and support his position, and probably he's just repeating some broscience he's been sold anyway. at least with sources you can evaluate them on your own.
>>
You've probably screwed up if you're using this website for advice, anybody can say anything and people just talk out of their ass. The only thing I can say is that if somebody is appealing to rationality and their line of reasoning makes sense to you then maybe listen to them

>>74760256

Pretty good
>>
>>74760229
>solid sources
Muh dick.
>>
File: 1702573771156096.jpg (16 KB, 438x430)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>74760229
https://exrx.net/
>>
File: 3a4270da88.png (2.65 MB, 1914x2560)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB PNG
Everyone should read it. You don't have to follow "the method" to a letter, but it is probably the only fitness source which actually appeals to reason. The reason "the science", as you noted, is extremely meme'y, is because people who conduct """the research""" are not scientists or engineers, just random gym-interested bros who put themselves through a useless college degree. They can't explain (nor argument for) a proper squat or deadlift technique, because nobody taught them to think like a scientist / engineer should.
Once you learn how to think this way, you can easily do other exercises / routines (even cardio-based) while keeping the principles of SS in mind.
>>
File: file.png (504 KB, 720x498)
504 KB
504 KB PNG
>>74760229
>>
File: 20240723_141547.jpg (58 KB, 513x640)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>74760229
In no particular order:

>Google Scholar
>PubMed
>YouTube
>Twitter
>Examine.com
>Chris Masterjohn
>Alex Leaf
>Stephan Guyanet
>Rhonda Patrick
>Donald Layman
>The "Orthotropics" YT channel
>The "What I've Learned" YT channel

>Why?
None are infallible, some are terrible in certain topics, but some tend to be so great in others you can trust them almost blindly. One of them is excellent when it comes to nutrition.
>>
>>74760229
Squat University on Youtube is great for mobility exercises and cues for major lifts like squats. That's where I learned how to brace properly for squats.
KneesOverToesGuy is great for tendon-strengthening exercises and for under-utilized muscles like the tibialis. Reverse sleds combined with squats basically cured my knee pain. His philosophy - that training your body in the reverse direction that you normally use it to strengthen the antagonistic muscles protects you from injury - makes sense and works.
>>
>>74760278
>trust agendaless anons
>follow homemade pre-workout recipe
>it's mustard gas
>>
>>74760229
RP strength
Stronger by science
Iron culture
3DMJ
Mitchel Hooper (kinda, he's content is very watered down for retards)

All of them are actual sports scientists and bodybuilders/powerlifters/strongman
>>
>>74764917
That is for strength/muscle size
And for cardio: Joel Jamieson, Andy Galpin (who's good for other things too)
>>
bretty good bread, how do i save a thread?
is there an archive.today but for 4chin
i dont want to save the web page like a boomer
>>
There's a large number of posters that don't lift but dedicate their lives to demoralizing other people trying to improve. The crabs in a bucket mentality is real. btw what happened to truecrypt?
>>
>>74760355
based and checked
how can i consult your dick?
happy to analyze it if you catch my drift...
>>
>>74760229
JUST THE STICKY SS + GOMAD YOU DONT NEED MORE
>>
>>74766205
but most links in the sticky are dead (just like this board)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.