[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images.jpg (11 KB, 183x276)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Medical experts of /fit/, I need your help. For around 3 years Ive been drinking around 7-8 liters a day. Hadnt really been paying much attention to it until I read its one of the symptoms of diabetes. I also realized that I have some other symptoms like wounds not healing quickly enough, getting bruised too easily, generally feeling like shit, etc. Since then Ive taken a lot of tests and none of them have shown anything. My blood glucose is alright, the glucose tolerance test showed nothing, everything else too. What the fuck is my condition then? Its worth mentioning that drinking so much water isnt a habit or a tic or anything like that-I genuinely feel thirst all the time and I drink only when I feel thirsty, like any normal human. Should I take an MRI? Could it be schizophrenia or something else brain-related?
>>
I don't want to call bullshit outright, but drinking that amount of water would probably kill you unless you were consuming an equally absurd amount of salt every day
>>
>>74762351
And yet here I am alive. Im pretty sure people with severe diabetes can consume even twice that
>>
File: 1000120731.png (24 KB, 864x171)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>74762351
Not OP but this is fine right?
>>
How often do you pee?
>>
>>74762307
You're anaemic and probably deficient in magnesium, too.
>>
>>74762396
Twice that, no, but you're correct in that they consume extreme amounts of water
The thing is, they don't do that regularly. It's a symptom of extremely high blood sugar, where the kidneys are working overtime to try and piss out as much of it as possible. If you're at the point that you're drinking 7 liters of water a day*, your body is making an absolute last ditch attempt because your blood is closer in composition to Mountain Dew.
Drinking *that* amount of fluid is really not good for you and you need to talk to a doctor if you haven't already

*assuming no extremely strenuous activity, of course
>>
>>74762442
Like 8 times a day, around the same ammount as I drink
>>74762720
>extremely high blood sugar
but my blood sugar isnt high at all
>you need to talk to a doctor if you haven't already
of course I have, but like I said all my tests are okay amd for now the doctor isnt sure what is going on
>assuming no extremely strenuous activity
nah, thats not the case.
>>
>>74762307
>>74763012
Get a second opinion. Doctors are people too and most people are shit.
>>
How much do you weight and how much do you lift or work out?
E.g. on lifting days i drink aroind a liter during workoit and a liter before+after. Thats 2 just to get through the workout.

Water consumption makes me think about weak kidneys or liver. Those consume a ton of water if they have some problem - either toxins, sugar or alike.

How is your skin? Do you sweat a lot? Do you feel dry or thirsty at all?

You as said before should look for second opinion. If you dont have the money go to a med. Uni and ask aro7nd professors or students if they want to study your case for education. Provide proof that current tests are not showing diabetes.

I hope you are fine. But it is also 1/1000000 chance you are a rare patient zero of some genetic water disease.
>>
>>74763012
>but my blood sugar isnt high at all
I meant in the case of diabetics specifically. Not you necessarily
>>
Maybe probably diabetes insipidus, did they test for that specifically. There are different types but I think most of them you can get bloodwork on
>>
>>74763012
8 times a day isn't that much. But might be worth looking into diabetes insipidus. Causes excessive urination which leads to excessive thirst.
>>
>>74762307
You know you don't have to have full blown diabetes but can be pre-diabetic, right?
>>
>>74763270
What was your last blood sugar reading then?
>>
>>74763232
>how much do you weigh
64.5 kg at 180cm, started working out like 2 months ago, before it had weighed around 72. my thirst had been the same before I started working out, so thats not a factor really
>weak kidneys
ulstrasounded them, theyre absolutely heatlthy
>How is your skin?
pretty dry, and develops nasty exema when its cold
>>74763285
>>74763299
>diabetes insipidus
yeah I did tests for that too and they showed nothing. thats why Im talking about MRI, something must be wrong in my brain
>8 times a day isn't that much
well its around 7-8 liters, the same as I drink, so quite a lot actually
>>74763318
>pre-diabetic
I did a glucose tolerancy test together with a c-peptide test and the c-peptide after ingesting glucose was higher than it should be (while it wa snormal before) which I suppose points towards a pre-diabetic state, but thats the omly test that was positive, everything else shows no signs of diabetes whatsoever
>>74763376
around 4.5, perfectly healthy
>>
>>74763480
you might wanna stop looking into it. after all if it's no causing you problems it's probably something genetic. just roll wit it.
>>
>>74763505
none of my relatives drink anywhere as much, plus it started like 3 years ago
>>
>>74763480
>>diabetes insipidus
>yeah I did tests for that too and they showed nothing. thats why Im talking about MRI, something must be wrong in my brain

Have they looked for arginine vasopressin resistance? Primary hyperaldosteronism? Zinc deficiency? These are some of the next logical diseases to screen for.
>>
>>74763548
Autonomic nervous system problem from
Covid or the jab.
>>
>>74762307
Possible central diabetes insipidus. You may ruminate on my diagnosis and I will provide you with nothing more. You're too retarded to give what meds your on, past medical history, and too retarded to see a doctor so you need schizos on the internet to diagnose you. Nothing good will come from getting an internet diagnosis and a physician would not be able to diagnose you on 4chan. See doctor
>>
>>74763548
does it feel good for you? I imagine it must feel pretty good to have a constant urge and quench it with no problem all the time. like a junkie with unlimited supply
>>
>>74763578
can excessive thirst be a syptom of amy of these? I thought it can only be diabetes
>>74763592
I did get covid but didnt get the jab, plus it started before the coof so it cant be that
>>74763604
>what meds your on
none at all nigga
>past medical history
I have light asthma and some allergies, used to be overweight as a kid and had some hormonal issues I guess
>too retarded to see a doctor
read my posts idiot
>>74763632
not really, its the same as drinking water for anyone else, except you get discomfort from wanting to drink all the time and going out anywhere is a pita because you qant to piss all the time. 1/10 wouldnt recommend

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.