[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images.jpg (32 KB, 504x608)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
What's the best machine for cardio at home?
>>
Just go outside nigga
>>
>>74764694
Probably a bike.
Best cost to potential lifespan
Least potential maintence issues
Takes up some of the least floor space without some kind of folding gimmick.
Low shock on your floors walls and stuff no pictures falling off walls or angry neighbors.

I don't like bikes because I can't really get my hr to where I want it be naturally but if it's raining or under 20f out whatever it's there and it works and it's not as form dependant as rowing. Which I'd argue takes a more consistent investment. Since you have to keep rowing to not get weird pains from it if you come back to it.

As much as I like the idea of treadmills the market is flooded with absolute garbage ones that break or have motor issues because it's all Chinese metal inside.

Ellipticals are great but really expensive particularly if you're trying to get one with a stride length not designed for a 5'5" woman who's never going to use the machine above 3/10 resistance. Just way to hard to find and maintain for less than 2k.
>>
File: Skipping rope.jpg (47 KB, 988x730)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
Cheap and very effective.
>>
>>74764694
dishwasher
>>
>>74764740
What about rowers? You can get cheap high quality models from gyms that are failing. I got a model that retails for $1000 for about $200 a couple months ago.
>>
>>74764791
Like I said they're fine if you have good form and are willing to do it consistently, and most importantly like rowing. A lot of people like the idea of rowing "full body workout blah blah blah" but when they actually do it with any intensity they hate it. Or can't watch tv and do it because their form breaks down then they get injured or can't take a break from it because their back detrains quick, or can't lift as hard because they have to save some fatigue for the rower. Rowing is closer to an all-in or all-out deal than most other forms of cardio. So just make sure you really like it because that's going to an even bigger factor than other forms.
>>
I'm thinking about copping a ultra high incline treadmill for home. This particular one goes to 40% incline. I feel like it'll give me great cardio endurance and high effort benefits. 15% incline max at my gym feels like nothing so I want to seek more of a challenge.
Oh and also I have a stationary bike. Gonna save up a bit and buy a real bike with a smart trainer setup to do some online racing on Zwift. I'm at the level where I kind of want to challenge myself and keep improving with more incentives like a social or competition element like in-game races.
I'm 30+ now and got my body goals and I'm pretty much done with challenging myself WL wise now I want to increase my cardio gains and longevity etc.
>>
>>74764712
Just having running shoes and going for a run.
>>
File: IMG_6744.png (503 KB, 600x810)
503 KB
503 KB PNG
>>74764869
Why not just get a stair master
>>
>>74764883
1. They're expensive
2. I can use the one at my gym (no 40% incline treadmill at my gym, only 15-18% max)
3. A treadmill is more customizable in terms of what I can do with it. I can train for speed, jogs, LISS walking, incline ''climbing''. There's less modification of your workout available with a stairmaster.

But lowkey it's the fact they cost like 10k. I can get a 40% incline treadmill here for 1.2k new.
>>
File: IMG_6778.gif (2.41 MB, 220x145)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB GIF
>>74764890
>10k
Jfc yeah do what you’re planning on bro. Seems like you’ve been doing your research. Have you seen those elliptical treadmills or whatever they’re called the look neat but I’m sure they’re so over priced
>>
>>74764918
actually I stand corrected brother I just did a new quick search for stair climbers and I found some models at 3 to 5k from Lifespan Fitness. I must have been looking at some higher end models.
You know what maybe when I get a decent check like inheritance money I can get one because at the right price I would definitely get one but in all honestly...as of current, most I'm willing to put into a single buy item is 1.5k MAX...I'm not spending more than 1.5k for a single item and it better come with at least 5 years warranty so I can recoup on gym or gas costs.
>>
File: on a fucking stairmaster.png (1.32 MB, 1270x713)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>>74764883
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>74764935
Check your local fb marketplace. You just know the people selling them have less than a hundred hours on it.
>>
Burpees are better than anything listed and are free. Running outside is free. People don’t do them because they’re weak minded.
>>
File: Mini-Stepper Muscles.gif (624 KB, 400x224)
624 KB
624 KB GIF
>>
>>74764694
free : climb stairs

big spender: rowing machine or rogue echo bike
>>
>>74765423
welcome to fitness newfriend, here is your (you)
>>
>>74764791
An anon posted a few weeks back that rowers give you hemorrhoids. Unfortunately I can confirm, so go easy.
>>
>>74765483
i was thinking about these, are they worth it ?
>>
>>74764694
A woman! Haha
>>
as a rower enjoyer I kinda wish I had a bike, just less effort
>>
I own a skierg and a rowerg
I wish I had got the bikeerg instead of the skierg
workout is awesome on the skierg, but the blisters are gnarly and I can't zone out on my phone
rower is hella fun if you love watchinh8tvg numbers go up
>>
>>74764694
>>
>>74769496
how many calories does it burn per hour
>>
File: stepper.jpg (149 KB, 1280x1280)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>74764935
You can get ones like this for around 2k. I hate the ones with real stairs anyway.
>>
File: desk cycle.jpg (32 KB, 350x350)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>74764694
Desk cycle. It takes up little space and you can work out while you're on your computer. It's also relatively inexpensive.
>>
>>74768371
Yes. It's compact and it really hits your legs hard similar to the stair stepper. Recommend you adjust the resistance to its heaviest. You can find these on fb marketplace for under $50.
>>
>>74764694
A rowing machine.
>>
everything except rowers, treadmills and spin bikes are meme shit, ski ergs and sleds if you are stacked and want some cross training beyond that. steppers, stairers and what have you is retarded
>>74764753
>>74765483
limiting factor will be your calves you're not gonna get optimal cardiovascular exercise
>>74769790
love it in theory, in practice most people have wheeled chairs and you won't be able to tune in a perfect height and angle which will lead to knee injury. also unless you have some funky steep recumbent setup, not having a bike saddle will chafe all your shit up and also make your office chair gross and sticky.
that's the recurring issue with all the meme shit, they become useless when your cardio progresses and you want to up intensity and mileage

I'd get a bike, rowers require too much focus for a task that could be easier, you always need to keep your form in mind, and if you're not somewhat trained you'll not get the most out of it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.