[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Do deadlifts count as pull or legs under PPL?
>>
>>74765395
you need to post sexy male body to get genuine answers here tranny
>>
>>74765395
Pull usually otherwise pull day is too light and leg day is absolute hell.
>>
>>74765395
It'd be your main pull on pull day. PPL is a powerlifting split
>>
>>74765395
They are both, it depends on your exercise selection. You have to remember not to overlap muscle use.
>>
>>74765395
i did deadlifts on pull day once and then the next day when i tried to squat i felt very weak
>>
>>74765395
Pull. Also.do them on the second pull day. Second leg day is running. Yes I just solved exercise.
>>
File: 1721799388979.png (19 KB, 205x309)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>74765395
Pull, especially if you squat on leg day (or push day if you're a based retard like me).
>>
>>74765395
Legs.
Muscles responsible for most of the workload (or its main movers) are legs' muscles, specifically glutes and hamstrings, and the rest is erectors. It does not work the upper body anywhere near as much as it's proponent proclaim.
The whole "It works the entire body/back" is a myth among powershitters that needs to fucking die because their backs look like shit without at the very least barbell rows in their supplementary training. So, if you want a "deadlift" that actually fulfills the upper body promises of deadlift, either do Woolam rows (cheat rows-RDL hybrid) or Olympic clean pulls. If you just want to work your lower back (erectors & back extensors), do back extension with a roman chair or Jefferson curls.
Also, PPL routines that have deadlift on their pull days are retarded because depending on the workouts' sequence (PPL or PLP), either you'd exhaust your post chain and back before your leg days, or you don't train your glutes and hamstrings at all on leg days because otherwise you'd exhaust your glutes and hamstrings before deadlift day.
>>
>>74765924
Yeah I always hear people stating big traps from dead lifts, I mean yeah I do feel my shoulders, traps and lats but it's not like a full contraction compared to shrugs, or v bar 300 lb pull downs. When I do a normal dead lift I literally get a ass and hamstring pump. I love the hyper extension I do it like once every 2 weeks or whenever I wanna throw it in it does amazing things for your upper ass muscles and the pelvic area. Currently I can do 100 lbs with dumb bells on them for 8 reps. It made my I guess middle back area feel a lot more stronger and just able to activate.. It's gotten me out of snap city a lot my QL snapped and my pirafomous deadlifting 2 years ago almost
>>
>>74765395
Legs but do PPLxULx with first leg focused on quads second focused on Diddly and hammies

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.