[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1684279887068914.jpg (33 KB, 414x693)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Why the fuck is bench press so hard to progress on?

>5' 8"

>187lbs

>425 squat
>550 deadlift
>275 bench

This past strength training cycle I had great gains in my squat and deadlift but my bench press stayed the same. I have a coach that has corrected my form. I've incorporated more bench volume throughout the week and started doing pause bench. It shouldn't be this fucking hard. Benching has always come so easy to so many lifters I know but it has always been my worst lift by far. I've heard the whole "mass moves mass" thing but I'm a competitive grappler and I refuse to put on more weight than I am carrying currently. I moved up a weight class already by bulking and my cardio suffered greatly. Took forever for my body to adjust to the increased oxygen demand.

Tired of being able to squat and deadlift more than my peers yet not being able to touch their bench. I just want that 315 bench dammit but that weight is so damn heavy
>>
Nobody is perfect and you should be happy with what you have. You are not competing you are trying to live a better life. I suggest you start doing cardio or something else to expand your fitness which will mean more in the long run
>>
>>74765658
eat more
>>
File: gibbon-3.jpg (155 KB, 750x809)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>74765658
Do you also have long ass arms?
>>
>>74765704
Comparatively to my body yes. Gangly monkey arms and wide shoulders.
>>
File: 1706835180810156.jpg (49 KB, 576x968)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>74765658
Gain weight
>I refuse to put on more weight than I am carrying currently
Well then I guess you're out of luck
>4N0W
>>
File: 1000022947.jpg (77 KB, 657x527)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>74765723
Same bro, same
t. arms are about as long as my legs and has a 26" wide clavicle measurement; ape index of about 1.09
>>
>>74765820
Technically if mechanics were the only factor then you want a wider chest and shorter bicep longer forearm.

But it's really mostly about testosterone and ability to pack on muscle.
>>
>>74766030
Also muscle insertions.

Long arms typically mean wide shoulders which is good for max muscle mass on your frame/insertions. My shit didn't budge till I started going narrower for lec major hyperteophy, dbs and cables basically get chest width only you wanna be thick from the side is how you can tell someone can bench heavy.
>>
>>74765820
Dude 26 is massive as shit do you have to tuck in your elbows to go through doors?
>>
>>74765658
Try more variations like spoto press, duffel bar press, swiss bar press, slingshot, chains

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.