[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1719218776533114.png (123 KB, 448x319)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
Okay, /fit/ : how do we fix PPL?
>>
6 day Brosplit.
>>
>>74768382
Gentleman split.
>>
>>74768382
PPxLAxx
A is shoulders and arms day
>>
my triceps look like shit i do skullcrushers and rope cable extensions any recommendations
>>
5xweek schizosplit
>>
whole body days
>>
>>74768890
Weighted dips, that's how I got my tris to grow
>>
>>74768901
Entire figure days?
>>
>>74768382
0) Have a proper exercises sequence in each day, proper amount of sets per exercise, reps ranges, frequency, total volume, etc... (things that could be fucked up in other splits too)
1) Do it in the Push-Leg-Pull sequence of workouts instead of the vanilla Push-Pull-Leg
2) Don't do deadlift, a compound for legs, on pull days
3) swap arms isolation and delts isolation (not compounds like OHP or DB shoulder press) between push and pull days, and super set them with the compounds instead of doing them separately after compounds
>>
>>74768382
I have no idea what you are asking
>>
>>74768382
throw away L
train PP everyday
>>
>>74768973
Interesting. Deadlift on leg day might make me do leg day.
No idea what you're saying in number 3 though
>>
>>74768973
I don't get the plp thing. Doesn't it just end up plpplpp anyway? I don't see what it achieves
>>
>>74768973
>a proper exercises sequence in each day
You can do muscle groups in whatever order. The only restriction is whether or not it interferes with another exercise too much to be able to progress on both.
>Do it in the Push-Leg-Pull
Order the days are done in won't make a difference in the long run.
>Don't do deadlift, ..., on pull days
Deadlift gets its own day separate from squats
>a compound for legs
Deadlift is not only a back exercise, it's one of the best finishers for a back day. At heavy weights it's also very taxing on all the other muscles and is an excellent finisher on an upper body day.
>swap arms isolation and delts isolation (not compounds like OHP or DB shoulder press) between push and pull days
PPL already does that.
>super set them with the compounds instead of doing them separately after compounds
Not necessary. In the long run, you'll get better results if you give them the same rest time you give other exercises and then focus on overloading them.
>>
>>74768382
You don't have to fix it. PPL is good. Just don't be a retard about it. The only issue is the lack of total body rest days if you do PPLPPLx which you would get much more of on ULxULxx, AxBxAxxBxAxBxx, or PxPxLxx for example.

The problems people have with arms on PPL are just due to them being retards. They overload compounds like they should. But then they go half-assed on the arm exercises and treat them like light weight cool down exercises rather than overloading like they would any other motion.

The other thing is that you don't have to do the same push and pull days over and over again. A lot of people don't realize this.

Another problem is that they just do too many exercises and on each day. Whereas if they cut out a lot of the exercises and stuck to a much more limited set of them, they'd be able to progress better and have more fruitful workouts.
>>
>>74768913
ok ill do them when i become able to
>>
>>74769131
Welp, back to hating leg day then
>>
>>74769145
>The other thing is that you don't have to do the same push and pull days over and over again. A lot of people don't realize this.

What you mean
>>
Doesn't really need fixing but you can add curls on your day off.
>>
Just do push/pull 6x a week
>>
>>74768382
PPA(rms)
>>
PPxLx and repeat
idk why people think you have to lift 6 fucking days a week to get some gains, plus it gets old in a hurry
>>
>>74768382
you dont need a whole day for legs
just have 2 variations of push day where one has squats
thats it
you can do like pppx ppxppx or even pppppxx
>>
Push: Incline Press, Bench, Cable Fly, Shoulder press, lateral raise, tricep ext, hack squat, calf raise
Pull: Pull up, pulldown, cable pull over, t bar row, shrug, cable curl, preacher curl, hammer curl, hamstring curl

Push
Pull
Rest
Push
Pull
Rest
Push
(Repeat)
Hit everything 2.5x a week

Deadlifts are bullshit

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.