[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Photo-2.jpg (62 KB, 640x480)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
How much progress will I see in exactly a month if I start going to the gym tomorrow?

I'm a complete sedentary skinnyfat slob. More on the skinnier side of skinnyfat. 64kg, 178cm. I don't really do much exercise. Now I started atleast doing like 80pushups and 30 situps a day to kickstart some stamina and energy for the gym

I am not talking about progress that will make me look actually good or anything. I just hate being able to grab so much fat on my stomach and my love handles and shit. I feel insecure

I remember doing basic exercises last summer at home and eating less and dropping from 66kg to 60kg and I genuinely could see and feel the difference. A lot less fat that I was able to grab, even if I was still skinnyfat. Made me feel a bit better for myself atleast for a bit.
My plan for the first month for the gym is probably to just cut or recomp and get used to the gym lifestyle. Seems simpler than thinking up a bulking routine and all that. Just to remind you, I quite literally have no muscle mass whatsoever. I'm just a slob. Also I do plan to consistently keep going to the gym beyond the first month. I am just wondering if I can expect to feel better about myself after a month. I know it's a long path to actually look good

I kinda look like pic rel but maybe a tiny bit fatter. Not me btw
>>
>>74770571
From zero in one month? Should be good if you run then powerlift 2x a day and recomp then clean bulk.
Depends on how you eat and sleep with your program.
Cut sugar and carbs to zero, carb up lightly when you feel like you're struggling to keep energized, snacks are ok but need to be mostly proteins to start. Keep at it , then when you get to a good base, you can take off and adjust as needed.
You have a good starting point to have your muscles bulge out so your fat doesn't look so "fat" and just looks healthy on your muscles
>>
>>74770571
You can lose 30 pounds if you don't eat and take an EC stack and walk a couple hours a day.
>>
>>74770571
It won't be noticeable. These guys are looking at their own routines and remembering noob gains separately.
You won't have the muscular endurance to be lifting at a good weight for you for at least a couple of weeks.
Your lifts will go up and up though and in 3 months you'll look good and get a feel for how much progress to expect.
>>
>>74772406
Do I need to push near the limit at every workout?
>>
>>74772943
Pushing towards failure is important, but not as much as being able to do the exercise properly and getting through your entire routine. Focus more on doing the lift properly and making proper progress week to week, you'll find your limits quick and you will actually be able to push yourself properly when you do
Also you won't see jack shit progress in a month, this shit dosnt happen quick.
>>
>>74770571
it takes a while. make lifting and eating clean a permanent part of your life. the "x numbers of months till im fit" mentality is just going to let you down and you are going to burn out
>>
>64 kg
ok I'm starting to feel weird about my weight. I don't look much different, only 6 cm taller, but I'm 82 kg. do I just have a fat ass? where is that extra 20 kg?
>>
>only 6cm taller
2 inches is a lot when it comes to height

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.