[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: zqUF7N.gif (1.37 MB, 320x180)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB GIF
I stopped smoking weed completely a year ago, however I still have strong urges to smoke. Like I almost went to the dispensary today and had to talk myself out of it.

Will the urges ever go away?
>>
>>74772344
Probably not as long as you associate something positive with it
>>
>>74772344
No, weed is seductive one. It wraps you up in its loving warm arms when you're at your lowest, and the cost is extremely low compared to other drugs, both physically and monetary. You have to recognize once you've experienced that level of euphoria above what you naturally feel, you will always crave it, like sex and sugar. Discipline is what holds you down in the long run, recognize that it will only make you stagnant when you indulge. That's what I've done for myself, it throws me out of my routine and kills my motivation if I smoke too often, you have to nail that into your head.
>>
>>74772344
I used to be like this, but then I started a spiritual practice. Meditation can bring you into analogous states of consciousness when practiced dilligently for several years. It seems like a lot, but every session is a pleasure and eventually you get to be
>high
>all the time
>for free
>and never have to think about going to the dispensary again

For some, the pipeline involves stsrting meditation while high, seeing how good it is, and then gradually weaning themselves off as they find that the state itself is what makes you happy, not the drug that simulates it. For others, the pipeline involves discipline, determination and a strong will. For still others, it involves a life-changing psilocybin experience.

Ultimately, you will find yourself saner, happier, healthier, proud of your accomplishments, and high all the time.
>>
>>74772344
Educated people are less likely to want to use drugs, start reading more
>>
>>74772344
I just started to smoke again after a few months of sober life. Holy fuck it drags you down like nothing else.

Once an addict, forever an addict. Your best bet is to remove all possible chances of getting a smoke from your daily life
>>
>>74772762
You don't know any educated people. You have an idea of what they are, but you're sheltered and wrong.
>>
>>74772344
You have a vacuum for something mwntally.
What do you usually do when smoked?
Just do those things but focus less.

I smoked 2x week and then kind of dropped it. Didnt smoke for few months. A friend gave me some and i have smoked on and off about 1x 2 weeks now for 2 months. I can say i dont long for weed when i dont have it but i feel itd be good to amokke when i am feeling well.
I associate creativity w weed a lot. It turns off my adhd and i obsess ovwr something.

BUT it puts my physical health at risk. I get lazy even when i go to gym high. I feel like my life is wasted when i smoke.

Solution is imho finding a hobby that is better not high than high. For me it was competitive shooting.

Also i realized that my discipline works better when i say "i am not forbidding myself to drink or smoke, i simply find sports, shooting and business much more fun". Like what fun is being high and laughing about nonsense like toddlers w friends when we can conquer a small piece of world in business?
That has helped me quit better than just teeth clenched abstinance.
I simply get busy enough to not do drugs or other bs.
Im old enough to have tried different method>37
>>
>>74772767
Friends that smoke or drink around tou are hard influence.
But i have been to binge drinking parties sober and imho it is same fun if you are in a good mood
>>
>>74772344
Straight Edge faggots are even worse than your pic related. Theyre boring and annoying cunts. Just learn to use everything in moderation and at the right time

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.