[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (315 KB, 535x371)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
Mike Mentzer finally won him over
>>
Doesn't work for natty lifters, and it definitively doesn't work for beginners and early intermediates which is all of /fit/
>>
>>74775050
if anything natty lifters are the ones who’d benefit the most from extra recovery
>>
>>74775013
this worked for me but only for my back

took a month off and slightly lost back strength gains upon returning which I immediately reclaimed in 2 weeks, and then the next 2 months I saw even more strength gains than ever

now casually doing 1-arm lat cable rows with 200+lbs
>>
>>74775050
So wrong, it's on the same level as
>wet streets cause rain
>>
I had a week off and hit OHP pr upon return. I'm not having a month off though as I know my diet will take a shit as well if I stop training for weeks.
>>
>>74775013
Not really, this is just one of the things that high-volume chuds must do to cope with their chronic overtraining.
>>
File: 1696527698268210.jpg (69 KB, 773x1064)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>74775013
Mike is correct
>>
>>74775070
>>74775101
If anything it's further proof none of you lift.
You detrain after one month if you aren't a dyel beginner. You won't really lose muscle mass by that point but you'll look way more flat and all your lifts are going to be down.
You don't even need a full week off most of the time, you just need a half week and/or deloading the lifts themselves.
>>
>>74775070
Natty lifters can't even reach the point of intensity that would require recovery.
>>
>>74775506
Natty lifters aren't even lifting weights. Just warmups.
>>
>>74775070
>>74775050
We started doing hit with my gym bro like early 2023 and overtime we switched things up and made micro adjustments and we ended up settling with an upper lower split x 3 per week and the intensity is huge but we get to rest without overdoing it. No deloads no nothing tho. But if a schedule problem arises we are back in the gym the next day, so even if we take 3 days off (max was 4) we just get back to it whenever. Not being a slave to the gym is huge. And everything 1-2 sets

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.