[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1678174863495338.jpg (50 KB, 640x386)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
I have fallen out of love with lifting. I did it for years, learned lots, made plenty of decent progress, I denied myself socialization and pleasure to get the most out of each session because I loved it, but as of late I can't be fucked to hit the weights anymore. I tried taking breaks, forcing myself to go anyway despite my new dislike for it, but I'm still having trouble capturing the spark that got me in there in the first place. It's been months of intermittent consistency now. I'm considering just switching to calisthenics and dumbbells just so that I'm not totally sedentary.
Anyone else dealt with this?
>>
>>74775236
it happened to me in early 2019 after 15 years or so of training.
It was really bad as you can expect because soon after there were the covid hysteria so basically one thing led to another and I lost 5 years of training.
I've started again recently and it's fucking amazing.
>I'm considering just switching to calisthenics and dumbbells just so that I'm not totally sedentary.
I think this is the answer. Not doing just cali and dumbbells, just get yourself into the gym and enjoy staying here moving.
That's how I approach it now.
>>
>>74775236
Start doing a martial art
>>
>>74775236
>denied socialization and pleasure
that's your problem. you took it too seriously for no reason. I lift but don't sweat 'muh max gains' bs. it's a part of my life but it isn't my life. this helps keep it easy to go.
>>
>>74775236
>myself socialization and pleasure
I'm an incel chud so I couldn't care less about those two, actually are not supposed to have that and instead they are supposed to set free their favstian spirit and perish in wars

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.