[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6107.jpg (2.99 MB, 4032x3024)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB JPG
Started boxing since October last year with gf’s dad, I started boxing by myself in March but I’ve already went through 3 pairs of gloves. These are XL Everlast 16 oz. Any glove recommendations so I don’t have to drop $50-$60 on gloves?
>>
Assuming you're not the last retard I talked to who wasn't even wrapping his hands and wondering why his wrists hurt:
Get two sets of gloves. One for bagwork, the other for sparring. Don't be the dickhead that spars with gloves that have been fucked into rocks on the heavybag. I used a pair of Venom cheapos for a year of consistent training and they're still in decent shape. I ended up buying a pair of Rivals for sparring and I really like those. If you want to drop big dosh, get Winning or Cleto Reyes. Personally, I was impressed enough with Rival that I didn't feel that I had bought a worse products.
>>
>POW! right in the kisser
>WHY I OUGHTA
>OKAY BUDDY THAT'S IT!
>let me at em let me at em
>no more mr nice guy
>eat this! and some of that! POW!
>how you like them apples
>>
>>74776162
I dunno, I inherited like 10 pairs of sting armalite gloves from buddy who owns a boxing gym when he replaced them woth branded o ew
>>
>>74776162
My gym sold my me gloves for $30 bucks. Only been boxing a cuppa months . Love it

But I imagine your gym and boxing associates would have a solid recommendation
>>
>>74776162
if you're spending less than a measley $60 what do you really expect are you retarded?
>>
>>74776162
Cough up the money and buy gloves made from real leather. Top Ten and Green Hill have been used in the Olympics I think. Fairtex and King if you don't mind they're meant for Muay Thai.
>>
>>74776162
For cheaper stuff I really like Combat corner. Their hybrid MMA gloves are really good and plenty of pro fighters wear them. I've used them and they feel amazing but the material could be better.

Fighting are basically winning replicas but they're surprisingly good. Also tried them out https://www.titleboxing.com/collections/brand-fighting

Besides that I like Fairtex or YOKKAO. I've worn fairtex shinpads and they are amazing. I'd expect their gloves are great too, they make all ONE championship and I think GLORY gear.

I have century bag gloves and they stink and also venum MMA gloves and they're pretty nice and cheap. I everlast seems garbage byt my girlfriend had some for years and they held up great.
>>
If you're poor:

16oz Fairtex, Winning or Twins.

Use for bag + sparring

Rich:

10oz, Reyes, Winning (pads and bag)
+
16oz Reyes, Winning (sparring)

Winning headgear is also top tier.

Don't wear the expensive stuff unless you plan on competing, you will seem like a larper if you do. There is absolutely no reason to get into proper sparring unless you are serious about development. You can achieve practical ability to fight without hard sparring.
>>
Haven’t seen them mentioned yet so I will: Hayabusas are great gloves and they have some cheap $50-ish ones I think. But you should really stop being a cheap ass and pay $100-200 for gloves that are good.
>>
>>74776162
Don't buy goyshit planned obsolescence ones. Buy ones that you can tell will last with thick materials. If they develop rips, patch them.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.