[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7203.jpg (1.18 MB, 1426x3893)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
I used to be super anorexic and had a bad eating disorder, stopped that shit and started working out, weighed myself today after about 2 years.
160lbs, i'm 5'9 and the last time I weighed myself I was 110lbs. Mentally this is kinda fucking me, and i'm afraid to tell anyone my weight because i've been saying like 140.
Did you guys have to deal with this when you first started lifting? I know muscles dense but just like the social factor of it fucks with me

also how much protein should I be getting in
>>
>>74776657
For 5'9 140-160g doesn't really matter how much you weigh at the moment.
I've delt with it most of my life though. It's always fat people though and it's always unsolicited. I usually just say something incredibly vicious and specific and they don't broach the subject again.
>>
>>74776734
Thanks for the advice, hopefully i'll gain some more muscle weight and peace of mind with it
>>
>>74776657
Pls be in London
>>
>>74777076
kentucky sadly
>>
>>74776657
What band is that? On your shirt.
If you tell me, I'll gladly give you some dieting advice.
>>
Just don't weigh yourself
>>
File: 1643366071115.png (212 KB, 467x458)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
>>74776657
The number on the scale doesn't really matter much. What matters more is how you think you look in the mirror. You probably didn't gain 50lbs of muscle, but even with the extra fat gain you undoubtedly look better than you did when you were 110lbs. As for the social aspect, i have never met someone who actually cares about how much other people weigh as long as they aren't at the extremes of obesity or anorexia.
>>
>>74776657
Numbers on a scale mean jack shit. Your body does. From this picture you look like a very healthy weight. You're also pretty tall, meaning your number WILL be higher than someone shorter than you despite the same or even better body composition.

Stop comparing, focus on yourself. I'm 6'3 and had to stop comparing myself to people even in my same weight class (my sport has those) because someone who's 5'8 will look far more muscular than me.
>>
File: IMG_6907.jpg (227 KB, 1200x1200)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>>74777125
Arcanist is a dungeon synth artist, my favorite albums are Hyperborea and Averoigne
>>74777128
real
>>74777182
Yea, i'll stop focusing on weigh that much, solely focus on if i'm eating healthy and working out hard enough
>>74777206
I've started to cut myself off from people who just will not understand healthy eating habits and that other weird social bullshit that they put you through, some guy even told me that anything past 30grams of protein is too much
>>
File: drowned champion.jpg (93 KB, 800x588)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>74777247
Oh sick, I'm surprised I haven't heard of them. I just bought some Kirkwood and Fief shirts.
For my advice, a few things: one, don't be ashamed of your weight. 160 at 5'9" is perfectly healthy, if a bit undersized even. You need to recognize that the anxiety you have over that number sounding large is entirely within your head. Nobody is going to look at you when you say 160 and think you're a fat bastard. The worst you may get is "oh, I would have guessed higher/lower". Either one could be taken as a compliment. If they think you should be heavier, then you're looking swole. If they think lower, then you're definitely densely muscular. It's a win/win. Start framing your perception in your mind a bit better. Men should be strong, and strong men weigh more than 140 lbs. That's victim weight unless you're a professional combat sports athlete.
As far as protein goes, >>74776734 has it right. Aim for 150ish grams a day and you'll be in a good spot. No need to obsess. Just eat big pieces of protein with healthy sides. You know what that means, whether you're a low-carb guy or not. Nobody gets fat and sloppy on beef, vegetables and fruit. Throw some rice and grains in there if it feels good.

You're looking good, brother. Keep putting in the work.
>>
>>74777247
Saying any amount of protein is "too much" is stupid, but 30g is WILD. 0.8-1g per lb is usually the ideal, only skewing towards the 1 if you're either cutting or a pro bodybuilder. .8 is fine for most people.

Cutting out toxic people will get you so much farther than anything else. A true ED is hard to get out of, and it starts by narrowing your social circle to people that are good for you.
>>
File: 1721792423279105.jpg (147 KB, 960x720)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>74777247
>I've started to cut myself off from people who just will not understand healthy eating habits and that other weird social bullshit that they put you through
It's a very weird phenomenon when people take others' self-improvement as a personal offense when it has nothing to do with them.
Anyway you're cute and it's a shame you live in a cesspool called Kentucky.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.