[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Goatis.jpg (149 KB, 1079x606)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
I agree with his takes on food, lifestyle and I find him genuinely hilarious but I don't understand why he claims running and weightlifting are actually bad for you, because he has said that humans in a natural environment are supposed to be predators and hunt for their food but isn't that in itself physically extensive? Statues of ancient civilizations also depict people with muscular bodies. He talks as if the gym is too artificial but weightlifting is pretty much just manipulating your environment no different from how ancient humans would have.
>>
>>74776889
he peaked when he was eating raw meat in front of vegans.
>>
hey guys as requested i'm going to review this thread "Thoughts on Goatis?" by anonymous
oh my god
hehehe
>>74776896
this guy is seriously mentally eel
in nature he wouldn't post stuff like this
>>
>>74776889
>I agree with his takes on food, lifestyle and I find him genuinely hilarious
You could've just said "I'm incredibly stupid and easily manipulable".
>but I don't understand why he claims running and weightlifting are actually bad for you
Congrats! Your brain isn't entirely made out of fecal matter.
>>
>>74776889
I agree with what you are saying to the extent that we did hunt for our food and therefore had physical extortion. What I would say however is that if we are to exercise then it would need to resemble those activities. So I would say things like calisthenics and light cardio, walking should be fine, calisthenics done the least, then cardio, then the most frequent activity being walking.
If you are healthy on a nutritional and sleep level these activities should be pleasurable, I would imagine.
>>
>>74776984
That cant be enough, ancient humans also built shelters, used weapons, carried animal carcasses and other materials, invaded and waged war against other tribes etc. Even archaic hominids like neanderthals did some of these things. How could they survive purely on light cardio and calisthenics?
>>
File: IMG_3262.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>74776984
People who currently live in primitive tribes do things that go far beyond light cardio. This documentary was even used by goatis to show that these blood warriors were living according to nature compared to modern man. But look at what they have to do when they herd their cows.

https://youtu.be/cTF9RzEI5Ao?si=9qDd4T-YLsL7SS18
>>
He's right in the sense that "working out" beyond just being in shape is not necessarily healthy.

For example let's say you can lift 3 plates, it's not like you are "healthier" if you can lift 6 plates instead. Same with cardio, sure being able to run a decent distance (being in shape) is good, but that doesn't mean that marathon running will make you even healthier.
>>
>>74777028
And before that? This is getting into speculative territory. But some movement I have described is beneficial for sure so maybe even more as well. But the movements must not be isolated so more in the ballpark of what you have described. You also need to know that most people are degenerated and by comparison to our ancestors even thousands of years ago sub-human so you need to wonder how much your body is even designed to handle, even if you are on an optimal diet, because if you know, things like wisdom teeth are just one of a plethora of signs that you didn't develop properly as a human due to pre-natal development ie the diet of your parent, your parent's parents and so on.
You see so many people getting injuries in the gym, so I wonder if it is because of the intensity, form, level of degeneration, or all three. That's why I gave the recommendation. But what you described like physical labor should be fine to do maybe even on a daily basis if you have the stamina.
>>
>>74777048
>>74776984
5:00 to see what sort of cardio they do. Around an hour of jogging. Basically proves how these people who say jogging isn’t natural humans only sprinted or walked are totally wrong. It’s so crazy that humans didn’t either go super fast or super slow when moving but that they actually would move around in the middle and jogged sometimes. It’s so ridiculous some people actually believe that jogging was just never done until Mike made running shoes.
>>
>>74776889
You spam this every day. mods rangeban this faggot already.
>>
>>74777049
This is the explanation I was hoping for but haven't seen in any his videos so far, would make more sense if he said exercise was good but pointless/ unhealthy past a certain point when it comes to overall health

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.