[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 240725204257461295.jpg (188 KB, 567x720)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
I'm going to college soon, how do I eat healthy? I checked and none of the meals have calorie or nutrient information. Do I just survive on the least slop available microwave meals so I can count calories and macros from the nutrition label? Should I get a multicooker even though they're not allowed and make shit myself? How do I go about this?
>>
File: IMG_9037.jpg (121 KB, 960x720)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
If you can’t figure out how to eat well in a university cafeteria you are an idiot
Mine had an omelette station, a salad bar, and often served grilled chicken and steak
Just don’t eat pizza and donuts
>>
>>74777497
You stick primarily to meat, fruit, vegetables, and shelf stable healthy carb options like potatoes, oats, rice, and beans. You can also keep stuff like salsa around for low calorie and healthy flavor. I read an article once by an economy student and pro bodybuilder who would meal prep 5000kcal per day in his dorm with only
>a george foreman grill
>a microwave
>a crockpot
>a rice cooker
You can grab that setup for cheap and you'll be able to cook basically everything you need
>>
Burgers and scrambled eggs
>>
>>74777497
If your dining hall is buffet/AYCE style like mine was, don't get in the mindset that you need to "get your money's worth". It's a fucking trap, I'm still working off that extra 30 lbs years later. Don't be like me, anon.
>>
>>74777497
Stock up on canned chciken and tuna and grab veggies and whole wheat bread from the cafeteria
>>
Remember when this was a weightlifting board

Remember when people read the sticky

Nothing has changed
>>
>>74777497
Avoid seed oils and eat as much meat as possible.
>>
>>74777634
>>74777645
These. Not that hard bro just choose the obviously healthy options. You can go full autism mode and bring a scale with you and weigh everything but its unnecessary. Also if you have a meal plan you would probably save money long term by prepping your own like anon mentions. Lord knows the meal plans were overpriced and made to scam the average student.

Personally I remember they switched to a different plan due to changing providers and to hit calorie goal gave you a massive cookie that was around 600 kals. Crazy shit and people didn't think twice about eating it. No wonder why we have so many fatties.
>>
>>74777497
Oats, eggs, beans, sourkraut, pickles, meat (if on sale), milk, butter.
>>
>>74779170
eating has to do with fitness, and the sticky is outdated, kill yourself
>>
>>74777497
good advice in the comments already but also dont forget to also focus on college more than you focus on lifting. i stopped lifting for 2 years altogether in college and i would do it again a thousand times over since i could prioritize networking and building a resume. life ends at graduation and afterwards you go to heaven or hell. trust me you dont want to end up in hell
>>
>>74780814
Post what part of the sticky is outdated, I’m waiting
>>
>>74781296
i dont know but im not reading it and you cant make me suck my dick
>>
>>74781343
Read the sticky. Fitness is a solved problem, and the sticky contains all the solutions you need. There are solutions outside of the sticky. But if you have a problem, consult the sticky. ESPECIALLY before reading or DOUBLE ESPECIALLY posting on /fit/. Following the instructions in the sticky will take you from a beginner to an intermediate, and by then the momentum behind you is enough to keep you in the fitness scene until you get to advanced level fitness, where you are in the top 0.1% and your body can take you anywhere you want to go, as long as your mind is sharp enough.

There is every reason to read the sticky, and you should do it, now.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.