[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0126.png (1002 KB, 1162x768)
1002 KB
1002 KB PNG
I got a walking pad that I use for 3 hours a day, an hour in the morning and 2 hours at night. I set it to 1.0 mph and never go higher than that, and I just walk as I watch stuff. Since I’m walking slow, am I even burning calories? I don’t sweat or get overworked. I don’t expect to burn a ton, since I’m dieting and relying on cico, but at the same time I don’t want to walk for hours a day if it’s not doing anything.
>>
>>74778283
Just eat less
>>
>>74778358
That’s what I’m doing but I’m asking about the walking pad nigga
>>
No. Walking is an ''exercise'' you do when you're old and dont want to end with fucked legs.
run or cycle
>>
No you don't need to sweat. Most of the fat you lose through exercise gets converted into CO2 which you exhale.
>>
>>74778283
Which walking pad? I want to buy one for work but a lot of them look like fire hazard.
>>
>>74778283
unironically why dont you walk outside instead
set it to your normal walking speed anyway, if you dont know what that is, walk outside and match someone elses walking speed

>>74778384
you are retarded for suggesting running over walking
>>
>>74778412
t.2000kg landwhale that cant run without dying of a heart attack
>>
>>74778283
You should try to up the speed every once in a while. Try actually exerting yourself to a 1.5 or 2.
1.0 should be for warming up. 2.5 or 3.0 should be the brunt of the walk, or at least your goal to work up towards.
You dont need to physically sweat for it to count, and youre absolutey going in the right direction with this routine, but if youre not at least working towards building up and getting some actual cardio, youre kind of wasting a lot of time. Brisk walking can burn so muc more than the leisurely stroll youre doing right now.
Keep it up though. It is not wasted time. Just underutilized.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.