[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hey /fit/, I don't usually come to the board, I think I've only ever made like one post before this, when I was asking about my running routine a long while back, but I'm looking for some advice again.

I've picked up biking again. Got my bike serviced after, I want to say, four years of non use. I also bought a bike trainer stand to fit my bike on so I can get some indoor cycling. When I did bike, I was probably the healthiest I had ever been, even more so than when I ran 4+ miles every day in a little less than an hour. To give you some perspective, as a 5' 3, I was usually around 130 lbs when I was running, with push ups, sit ups, and pull ups, before and after. I never lifted. When I started biking to work everyday for about two years or so, I was around 124 lbs., probably my lowest weight in recent years. I biked 4+ miles in a little less than 20 min. (17 if I was really, REALLY pushing it... y'know, tardiness...), 8+ miles round trip everyday, flat lands and a steep hill or two, with some push ups and sit ups before and after. I cut out sit ups for whatever reason, I can't recall, probably laziness. The 6 pound difference was probably from muscle. All this while under a sort of strict keto diet that I got used to, it became a sort of lifestyle to me then. Unfortunate to say, I've become the heaviest I've ever been, currently at around 156 or so lbs, all centered on my belly (I miss you, abs). (1/2)
>>
Anyway, with my freshly cleaned and spruced up commuter, I wish to cycle comfortably from within my house (/o/ has finally rid me of the streets), and get back into a lean shape again. However, I WOULD like to keep track of my distance and time, something like you'd get from an indoor cycling machine at the gym. I don't care to measure or track my heart rate, as I already have an idea of how hard I'm pushing myself depending on the distance and time I've traveled. My question is:

How do I go about tracking distance and time traveled on a bike that goes nowhere? Is it even possible (within my budget)? I don't want to solely just track time, as that means nothing to me if I don't know how far I've actually traveled to push myself. My bike also has gears, I'm quite sure that also factors in itself.

/fit/GODS, I implore you, as a now middle aged man, please help me reach my ideal body. (2/2)
>>
>>74781327
>How do I go about tracking distance and time traveled on a bike that goes nowhere?
you need power meters installed on the cranks
the fags at >>>/n/ will know more
>please help me reach my ideal body
lift lil nigga

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.