[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cqkn5om053v51.png (245 KB, 640x504)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
How hard will you push your child (preferably son) into sports?

It seems like one of the last few ways to ensure they have a good, prosperous life above the mire of trades and corporate life

I think if they have any kind of natural inclination towards athletics is basically a cheat code for getting into whatever university they want (ivy leagues would otherwise be inaccessible unless you're a legacy, DEI, or have shittons of money)

And if you have the money sending them somewhere like this school would ensure they have the best chance of succeeding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1yqz_TN-rU

The window for which you get to actively compete against other people your own age in a sport is so small age-wise that it seems like a shame to not play at least one kind of sport
>>
>kid accumulates injuries for life
>kid has a pretty good time & gets good people skills
>kid realizes he's poorly educated when he's not a kid anymore
>>
>>74782538
You cant push them into anything. Pushing kids results in them rebelling against it at some point. You can do the best to influence them and show them whats good and what can be even better and hope it catches their interest.
>>
>>74782587
This. I didn't play sports and my brain isn't fucked up. I think they're great for building young men but we literally make our boys retarded so our fat old men can have entertainment. Same thing for cheerleaders. Nothing like having your daughter open her legs for crowds as people as a "sport".

Military education for men would be better. Women shouldn't go to school once they bloom.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.